IMAC 2008

mwtfan

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah this board isnt as active as last year Motown...it's still early though...What happened to JCfan, did he fall off the map

JCfan is still here. I have been on a mission trying to find our offense and that BIG D that was so prevalant early in the season (I think they left it in the parking lot at Soddy Daisy). It must be like March "In like a lion and out like a lamb". NO one can make much sence out of the line up. West batting .367 can't find a spot on the field. Hyde now Johnson a experianced senior catcher is at third. Peterson batting .050 is on first. The first three in the lineup can't hit a mack truck with a beach ball. Only consistancy is from Potts and Johnson. Pitchers are throwing well enough to win, but hard to throw night after night with no run support. 3 consecutive losses by one run to teams that should have been cake walks the way they played earlier. Its frustrating for the girls, the coaches, and most of all JC#1fan. As is always I love my lady PATS, girls it will come you have to be able to push through this stuff. If you can get a handle on yourselfs and focus there will few teams that can handle you in MAY (WHEN IT REALLY MATTERS) GO LADY PATS!!!!!!!!!!

THIS JUST IN - HUGE UPDATE ON THE WEST SITUATION

Coach Glasscock arrived in Nashville today at 8:30 for a meeting with TSSAA officials. After coffee and donuts, all unanimously agreed that it was indeed April 1.

You had a lot of people going there Lance. I actually found out about your original post on this subject via telephone call from someone who'd heard about it from someone else. Turns out the person that called me had totally fallen for it too. They neglected to inform him of your follow-up post some 15 minutes later. I gotta admit, it had me goin' too, but then it hit me what today is. lol, that was a good one.

THIS JUST IN - HUGE UPDATE ON THE WEST SITUATION

Coach Glasscock arrived in Nashville today at 8:30 for a meeting with TSSAA officials. After coffee and donuts, all unanimously agreed that it was indeed April 1.

That was a classic, Lance.

Keep up the entertainment, ILOVEMOTOWN was getting bored.

JCfan is still here. I have been on a mission trying to find our offense and that BIG D that was so prevalant early in the season (I think they left it in the parking lot at Soddy Daisy). It must be like March "In like a lion and out like a lamb". NO one can make much sence out of the line up. West batting .367 can't find a spot on the field. Hyde now Johnson a experianced senior catcher is at third. Peterson batting .050 is on first. The first three in the lineup can't hit a mack truck with a beach ball. Only consistancy is from Potts and Johnson. Pitchers are throwing well enough to win, but hard to throw night after night with no run support. 3 consecutive losses by one run to teams that should have been cake walks the way they played earlier. Its frustrating for the girls, the coaches, and most of all JC#1fan. As is always I love my lady PATS, girls it will come you have to be able to push through this stuff. If you can get a handle on yourselfs and focus there will few teams that can handle you in MAY (WHEN IT REALLY MATTERS) GO LADY PATS!!!!!!!!!!

With Potts and Johnson being seniors on a young team I would hope they would step up and provide the leadership needed. As for the first 3 batters on the team not being able to hit a Mack truck with a beach ball I haven't seen the other 6 positions lighting it up the last few games. It appears their present slump is a team effort from what I've observed.

With Potts and Johnson being seniors on a young team I would hope they would step up and provide the leadership needed. As for the first 3 batters on the team not being able to hit a Mack truck with a beach ball I haven't seen the other 6 positions lighting it up the last few games. It appears their present slump is a team effort from what I've observed.

All I can say ohyea is Oh! yeah. You are correct about the team effort, but the first three are the first three for a reason. These are experianced, go to type players and for the team to advance they are the first ones that have to step up since Potts and Johnson already are (freshman Cosmo ain't doin to bad either). It doesn't do any good to have your number 4 and 5 hitters (johnson and Potts respectively) stickin the ball with no one on base. Tonights game against Cocke County (which is playing the best ball I have seen them play in years) is a case in point. JCHS down after two innings 1-0. Why? no one on base when number 4 and 5 hitters come up. Eventually JCHS got to Wyrick(I hope I spelled this right) in the fourth and put the game away 6-1. THIS IS A VERY TALENTED JCHS TEAM, BUT THEY ARE NOT PLAYING LIKE IT. Congtrats for the win tonight, but this is a game that JCHS should win and believe me JCHS fans were not feeling it early in the game. THursday night sends JCHS back to the duckpond and if they play as they have lately, there may be more trips aroud the pond. With this being said I have faith that the girls will respond, and it is better for a sleeper to peak late than early.

If I was that new coach I would pitch Leon every game that mattered at this point....Anyone that hold's Morristown East to one run this year has got to have the stuff. And all this talk about poor JCHS defense.. Every team is going to have a error here or there, and yes that has to be eliminated...but some of these losses cant be contributed to defense... Science Hill - lack of hitting and Hill gave up to yackers, East - too many strikeouts, batters have to be aggressive...Powell - four runs not a lot but should be good enough to win in softball

If I was that new coach I would pitch Leon every game that mattered at this point....Anyone that hold's Morristown East to one run this year has got to have the stuff. And all this talk about poor JCHS defense.. Every team is going to have a error here or there, and yes that has to be eliminated...but some of these losses cant be contributed to defense... Science Hill - lack of hitting and Hill gave up to yackers, East - too many strikeouts, batters have to be aggressive...Powell - four runs not a lot but should be good enough to win in softball

To early to tell who should be on the mound in the big one. Remember Science Hill field is about 180' at most (Cosmo freshman catcher for JCHS got one to). Leon is throwing well, but hard to compare. Leon relys on throwing the hard stuff and keeping it low and away)a good strategy) and Hill relys on speed change and pitch selection, I think she has five different ones( can't throw 'em if they don't call 'em. Hill's best pitch is a inside breaking ball, I've seen every game and don't think she has thrown it yet. Hill has thrown the tough ones so far Soddy Daisy, Blackman (who beat GPS 7-4 who beat M West 10-2), and M West who is on fire right now. Only comparison between the two is against Seymor. Leon got the win 8-2 gave up 1 "yacker" to them. Hill also got win against Seymor 2-1 no "yackers" , but did give up 1 unearned. One gives up 1 run and the other gives up 2 within four days of playing the same team looks pretty even to me. Can't argue that Leon can take care of business ( you hold East to 1 you have done your job), but East is the only big one she has thrown. Cocke County (who stroked the ball off of Leon, good D kept them off the board) and Stone Memorial (loss 3-1 for Leon all three unearned) are not Soddy, M West, and Blackman. (remember Helton is the only one without a regular season loss G'ville 6-1 and Pigeon Forge 9-1)Coach M is doing the right thing throwing all her pitchers to get a feel for them and keep everyone guessing who they will see on the mound. Starting a pitcher's duel on a team is what everyone wants to do anytime there are more than one good pitcher on a team. Both ladys can get the job done!!!! I think having two pitchers that can get it done ain't a bad thing. A good estimate is a run for every error you make, three catcher errors in Karns game probably did make the difference in that one. I assume that is the Powell reference you made King we haven't played Powell, but did play Karns and lost 5-4 Karns (on three errors , two at the plate) and Karns lost to M west 3-2, shows they ain't a push over. Lady Pats schedule is as tough as it gets and definately harder than anyone in the IMAC. Who else has played or will play Maryville, William Blount, Farragut, Soddy Daisy, Blackman, M East, M West, Cherokee, Rutledge, Science HIll, Karns. not a lot of fluff there All we hope is tough games play off in the tournament when it really matters. GO LADY PATS!!!!!!

To early to tell who should be on the mound in the big one. Remember Science Hill field is about 180' at most (Cosmo freshman catcher for JCHS got one to). Leon is throwing well, but hard to compare. Leon relys on throwing the hard stuff and keeping it low and away)a good strategy) and Hill relys on speed change and pitch selection, I think she has five different ones( can't throw 'em if they don't call 'em. Hill's best pitch is a inside breaking ball, I've seen every game and don't think she has thrown it yet. Hill has thrown the tough ones so far Soddy Daisy, Blackman (who beat GPS 7-4 who beat M West 10-2), and M West who is on fire right now. Only comparison between the two is against Seymor. Leon got the win 8-2 gave up 1 "yacker" to them. Hill also got win against Seymor 2-1 no "yackers" , but did give up 1 unearned. One gives up 1 run and the other gives up 2 within four days of playing the same team looks pretty even to me. Can't argue that Leon can take care of business ( you hold East to 1 you have done your job), but East is the only big one she has thrown. Cocke County (who stroked the ball off of Leon, good D kept them off the board) and Stone Memorial (loss 3-1 for Leon all three unearned) are not Soddy, M West, and Blackman. (remember Helton is the only one without a regular season loss G'ville 6-1 and Pigeon Forge 9-1)Coach M is doing the right thing throwing all her pitchers to get a feel for them and keep everyone guessing who they will see on the mound. Starting a pitcher's duel on a team is what everyone wants to do anytime there are more than one good pitcher on a team. Both ladys can get the job done!!!! I think having two pitchers that can get it done ain't a bad thing. A good estimate is a run for every error you make, three catcher errors in Karns game probably did make the difference in that one. I assume that is the Powell reference you made King we haven't played Powell, but did play Karns and lost 5-4 Karns (on three errors , two at the plate) and Karns lost to M west 3-2, shows they ain't a push over. Lady Pats schedule is as tough as it gets and definately harder than anyone in the IMAC. Who else has played or will play Maryville, William Blount, Farragut, Soddy Daisy, Blackman, M East, M West, Cherokee, Rutledge, Science HIll, Karns. not a lot of fluff there All we hope is tough games play off in the tournament when it really matters. GO LADY PATS!!!!!!

According to CoachT.com, Schedule Rank among IMAC teams: Cherokee-8th; Greeneville-12th; Jeff County-21st; West-37th; Cocke County-71st; East-77th. So according to that Jeff's schedule is middle of the pack.

Maryville cancelled against West, but West has played or will play Farragut, M East, Cherokee, Science Hill, Karns, GPS (defending Div II state champs & runners up the 2 years before that), Baylor, Unicoi County & Jeff County. Seems to me like the only difference between Jeff's schedule strength & West's is the fact that Jeff County scheduled West & West scheduled, well, Jeff.

According to CoachT.com, Schedule Rank among IMAC teams: Cherokee-8th; Greeneville-12th; Jeff County-21st; West-37th; Cocke County-71st; East-77th. So according to that Jeff's schedule is middle of the pack.

Maryville cancelled against West, but West has played or will play Farragut, M East, Cherokee, Science Hill, Karns, GPS (defending Div II state champs & runners up the 2 years before that), Baylor, Unicoi County & Jeff County. Seems to me like the only difference between Jeff's schedule strength & West's is the fact that Jeff County scheduled West & West scheduled, well, Jeff.

Mwtfan,

Where have you found schedule rank on coachT?

Nevermind, I found it.

I agree West has a tough schedule, but have you seen Cherokee and Greenville's schedule. Kinda makes you wonder about Coacht's ranking don't it. Greeneville( North Greene, Sullivan South, and Daniel Boone) Cherokee (Sullivan South, Volunteer, Johnson County, and Elizabethton) are their non-conferance games.

Oh yeah! The Blackman Blaze pounded the mighty GPS Bruisers the other night and who the heck is University School?