Lake County vs. Union City III

spellerone

LC played an outmatched Big Sandy tonight. There were gamers though and were only down 2 at the half. LC outscored the Devils 61 to 36 in the second half. Now to the matchup. Could the third time be a charm for the Falcons? If there is really such a thing as poetic justice surely it will take place Monday night with a Falcon victory. Purple says not this year. I say why not this year. I will go a step further and say this is the year. We haven't beaten UC in any thing since they have come to1A. It is going to happen eventually so what would be sweeter than ending that unbeaten streak Monday night. Not this year, HA, THIS IS THE YEAR..........REMEMBER THE PATRIOTS....FALCONS CONTINUE THEIR SEASON AFTER MONDAY NIGHT.....YEA YOU HEARD ME!!!!!!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LC played an outmatched Big Sandy tonight. There were gamers though and were only down 2 at the half. LC outscored the Devils 61 to 36 in the second half. Now to the matchup. Could the third time be a charm for the Falcons? If there is really such a thing as poetic justice surely it will take place Monday night with a Falcon victory. Purple says not this year. I say why not this year. I will go a step further and say this is the year. We haven't beaten UC in any thing since they have come to1A. It is going to happen eventually so what would be sweeter than ending that unbeaten streak Monday night. Not this year, HA, THIS IS THE YEAR..........REMEMBER THE PATRIOTS....FALCONS CONTINUE THEIR SEASON AFTER MONDAY NIGHT.....YEA YOU HEARD ME!!!!!!!

You are going to guarantee a Lake County victory??....

Spellerone u will be eating some serious crow after that one if Lake Co. lose Monday night. You cant be serious saying Lake Co will win without a doubt!!.OK lets look at some things going against Lake Co before the game starts.

1. LAKE COUNTY HAS NO BENCH....2. THEY HAVE LACK OF DISCIPLINE!..3. THEY DONT HAVE MR> BASKETBALL MJ BROWN!..Lake Co. in my eyes does not have a true leader on the floor but they do have 2 great players in Geans and Avery. 4. Tony Wilkins will be playing in the game Monday night which LC has not seen yet. He will be a key player in the game.Now here is some things that MIGHT go Lake Co.way..1. YOU HAVE COACH WHITBY AS A COACH, THATS ALWAYS A PLUS..2..LAKE CO. HAS LOST BOTH GAMES COMBINED OF 4 points..Thats not bad at all. 3. I think LC's confidense is very high when they had UC on the ropes at the THUNDERDOME! But their again, there is that pesky lil word had! Dresden will be rockin for sure Monday night..It will be the best place on earth to watch a High School basketball game.

CONFIDENT MUCH? I'm a neutral person in this and i don't really see what makes you think LC will with out a doubt win? and i would also hate to be you if UC wins!!!!

I've been going back and forth with speller for some time now and this is as strong as a prediction from him as I have ever seen....I would be disappointed with him if he said LC would lose though...Speller is right on one point...The Falcons will eventually beat Union City in basketball..It will be next season though..I think the Falcons are battling some other factors as well with their coach going through some tough personal issues with his family(medical)..Coach wasn't at the Halls consolation game in the district tournament...I'm sure he will be there Monday nite..Lake County also has the thing where they haven't beaten Union City with a full squad..LC's only win against UC came in 05-06 when UC had four starters suspended...LC lost that year in this very game to the Tornadoes to end their run....The last few games with LC have been barn-burners with UC pulling out wins at the end..This time I just think the Tornadoes will win by about 7 but the game will be in the 7-12 point range much of the nite...The seven Union City seniors are on a mission this season and I have heard from some that they have even stated that their new season started on Feb.12th when they played Bradford in the first round of the district tournament and instead of 31-0 they are considering themselves now to be 4-0..Four down six to go to be where they want to be...Tony Wilkins being healthy will be a major issue in this game...Tony doesn't hesitate at all taking the ball to the hole...He goes strong and will Monday nite...Lake Co will just have someone else to have to defend that they haven't had to in the earlier games with UC...This is a point of the season Union City has been thinking about for a year now..No matter who the opponent was going to be..It just happens to be Lake County this year...Look for the Tornadoes to be very,very focused on Monday nite..They will show everyone the lessons they learned from the Humboldt game at West Carroll last season...It's unfair to ask any one of the Big Three to have to play and beat each other so often just to move on..UC is 5-0 against Humboldt and Lake County this season..But to be the best you have to beat the best and Monday nite is no different....This is the most intense nite of the year..Win and you guarantee yourself two more games..Lose and you start unpacking the baseballs and bats.....GO TORNADOES!!!

My prediction...Not a guarantee mind you is Union City-76....Lake County-69

Spellerone u will be eating some serious crow after that one if Lake Co. lose Monday night. You cant be serious saying Lake Co will win without a doubt!!.OK lets look at some things going against Lake Co before the game starts.

1. LAKE COUNTY HAS NO BENCH....2. THEY HAVE LACK OF DISCIPLINE!..3. THEY DONT HAVE MR> BASKETBALL MJ BROWN!..Lake Co. in my eyes does not have a true leader on the floor but they do have 2 great players in Geans and Avery. 4. Tony Wilkins will be playing in the game Monday night which LC has not seen yet. He will be a key player in the game.Now here is some things that MIGHT go Lake Co.way..1. YOU HAVE COACH WHITBY AS A COACH, THATS ALWAYS A PLUS..2..LAKE CO. HAS LOST BOTH GAMES COMBINED OF 4 points..Thats not bad at all. 3. I think LC's confidense is very high when they had UC on the ropes at the THUNDERDOME! But their again, there is that pesky lil word had! Dresden will be rockin for sure Monday night..It will be the best place on earth to watch a High School basketball game.

Plus after the fans jawed about coach Whitby not winning against UC, he basically walked out on the team and didn't coach last Saturday. I don't know if he coached last night. And I've also heard he or someone in his family is having some sort of medical treatment or surgery Monday night. Sounds like his fan base has made him mad and his family might need him Monday night. Anyone have better facts than my assumptions?

kylemeek11, your facts are dead wrong. I know Jim Whitby well and even though in 4 years we did not agree on everything I will say this, he is a heck of a b-ball coach and competitor. He never walks away from anything. His brother was having bypass surgery and his wife was finishing her chemotherapy the day of the game. He put basketball 2nd to family. Besides, it was not a do or die game vs Halls. The fact is it was a consolation game and both were going on to region. The only thing the game really meant was who the Falcons would play monday in the semis of the region Humbolt or UC. I think the Falcons felt pretty comfortable that Coach Clay and the team could get it done against halls, a team they had beat twice already. Coach Whitby loves the game of basketball, as he said in the paper it was the first game he had missed in 36 years of coaching. He will have the Falcons ready come Monday. Remember a Falcon has already been a member of a franchise to stop one undefeated streak, Jerry Reese and the G-Men, can the LCHS squad pull the 2nd upset?? Time will tell.

LC will close the deal this time when it matters most

Hey Legend you hope right? lol..Look don't get scared on me now because it is getting to the nut cuttiin..You, along with every team in Tennessee hopes Union City will lose Monday night..And ill tell you this..All of Humboldts fans will combine with Lake Co. fans just as last year..There all haters in my book! But i have much respect for both teams..But Legend you know that Manassas would rather play Humboldt or Lake county at substate..And don't give me that crap it really don't matter..If Union City does win Monday night you will be back on here saying "Union City will beat Humboldt"! Manassas don't want Union City down their my friend on a loser go home. Especially on your home floor...I will be at JCS Friday to watch the Manassas and Middleton game......If Union City wins or loses i will be their! And that post up there from Spellerone?? He is just very frustraited because he really believes Lake Co's season will come to an end! He will say nothing else because he has sewed his seed now!

Just like in Brownsville on Monday night with the best girls in the state fromm 13AA playing in the Region 7AA tournament, Dresden will see three of the best 4 teams in the state playing final four state tournament basketball on a Regional level from the same district. How sad it is to see one of the three best teams in the state hanging it up at Dresden in the Regional semi's! Northwest Tennessee offers some great caliber basketball for fans to watch. Other teams in the state will be happy that Union City, Humboldt, and Lake County (no order intended) keep beating up on each other before they progress any farther.