AAA Pretender or Contender

Now that Region tournaments are in full swing, I think its time to play a little game of Pretender or Contender. I'm going to list some teams and I want you guys to tell me if they are a contender or just a pretender.

Millington- The Trojans post a 32-1 record and average 52.6 ppg while only giving up 29.4 ppg with a CoachT SOS rank of 77

Mt. Juliet- With a record of 26-5 Mt. Juliet has wins over Wilson Central and Smyrna, while averaging 55.6 ppg and giving up 39.1 ppg. Mt. Juliet has a CoachT SOS rank of 2

Bradley Central- The Bearettes of Bradley Central post a 24-8 record with close losses to Wilson Central, Oak Ridge, and Cleveland(not that close losses mean anything). The Bearettes average 58.4 ppg while giving up 41 ppg. CoachT SOS rank of 97

Memphis Central- Lady Warriors have a recored of 23-7 and win their games by an average margin of 15 points. Lady Warriors post a CoachT SOS rank of 87

Bartlett- The Panthers gave Millington their lone loss of the season. They also have a CoachT strenght rating of 23rd, with a CoachT SOS rank of 80

Cleveland- The Lady Raiders post a record of 28-2, and avg. 64.5 ppg while only giving up 36.1 ppg. Cleveland has Miss Basketball finalist Michelle Davis. Cleveland has a CoachT SOS rank of 112

Wilson Central- WC has a record of 25-5 while avg. 59.7 ppg and giving up right at 49 ppg. Wilson Central also has Miss Basketball finalist Jasmine Hassell. WC has a CoachT SOS rank of 8

Oak Ridge- Lady Wildcats have a record of 30-1 and avg. 67.2 ppg, with a CoachT strenght rating of 5 and a CoachT SOS rank of 103

Walker Valley- The Lady Mustangs post a record of 28-4, they avg. 61.3 ppg while giving up just 38.1 ppg. WV has a CoachT SOS rank of 114

Greeneville- With a record of 28-5, the Lady Greene Devils hope to make it to the State Tournament for the 5th year in a row, Greeneville post a CoachT strenght rating of 6 and a CoachT SOS rating of 32

Science Hill- with a recored of 24-9 Science Hill has ran off 8 wins in a row and have won 14 of their last 15 games. SH has early season losses to Wilson Central, Oak Ridge and Memphis Central. SH has a CoachT SOS ranking of 101

Riverdale- The defending Class AAA Champions have a record of 20-9, but have struggled as of late losing 4 of 7 games, including the district championship game against Lebanon. Lady Warriors post a CoachT SOS ranking of 100

Hillsboro- The Burros post an impressive record of 29-1 and avg. 62.7 ppg. Hillsboro has a CoachT SOS ranking of 99

Shelbyville- at 24-6, Shelbyville could be peaking at the right time. They are on a win streak of 14, which includes a 20 point win over Wilson Central, and a 5 point win over Mt. Juliet. Shelbyville has a CoachT SOS of 42

Smyrna- The Bulldogs post a record of 25-4, with key wins against Mt. Juliet and Wilson Central, they post a CoachT strength rating of 7 and a CoachT SOS ranking of 79

Brentwood- with a record of 23-5, the Bruins look to continue their winning ways against Hillsboro, the District 11 champions have a CoachT SOS ranking of 108

So who's a Pretender and Who's a Contender?

* Teams in RED have been eliminated

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SOS on CoachT does not do some teams justice. It does not consider the teams that you play outside of the state. So if you play in a tournament out of state or schedule someone from Georgia, KY, North Carolina, etc it does not show up.

Yes, I understand that. I just put it on there for the fun of it.

another issue with the SOS is that all of the teams don't input their schedules or scores. Some teams are still missing scores and records are off due to that and that distorts the validity of the SOS.

As far as teams that have a chance, McGavock has to be put into the equation. Barring a major upset, they'll be in a substate game next weekend. They would have to upset a 9-AAA in the substate, but it is a possibility.

With regards to Brentwood and Hillsboro's SOS, they can't help they play in a district with a few poor teams. Brentwood could win tomorrow, but Hillsboro could be the best team in the midstate and maybe the state.

I think we will have to wait until the region semi's tonight. Walker Valley and CHS play each other and WVHS has beaten CHS once already this season. That game is a tossup with the loser going home for the season. Bradley Central play's Red Bank and barring a major upset, BCHS will be in the sub-state with a win tonight.

I think the AAA crown is anybodys title to claim this season. I have seen many of the top teams play and any of them are subject to get beat by the other's.

I wish we could do away with the substate game. As is, it gives teams in the same area one more shot at each other. After a season of 14 or so district games, 3 district tournament games, and a region tournament it is time to play a state wide sweet sixteen.

I totally agree. There are 114 AAA schools in Tennessee and only eight of them get to say they even made it to the state tournament (Basically 1 out of every 15 schools).

Arkansas??™ larger schools have about 40 schools in each division 4A, 5A and 6A. Their top 16 make it to state for each division.

Tennessee has one AAA large division with 114 schools and only 8 get to make it to what we call state. If you win your Region you should be in and all the Regional tournament runner-ups should have to play a number 1 from another region from another side of the state. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Greeneville is for real. They play outstanding defense and Nicole Dickson is a great player.

Thanks Coach. Coming from a guy who knows his BB and is not from Greeneville, it means more. Tonight GHS shut down Kingsport DB 48-26. Nichole was very dominating and she does a great job of sharing the ball which makes the Devils even more efficient.