AAA Pretender or Contender

I would agree with that. Oak Ridge and Cleveland have two of the best programs in the state annually, and both have been thorns in Shelbyville's side in years they have not won the State Championship...but I believe the softer schedules Oak Ridge and Cleveland have played this year compared to those of WC and Shelbyville will not help them in the tournament. All four schools have GREAT coaches! It's been four years since Shelbyville won its last title, but the new coach, community support, young player development and outside season play still keeps the overall program at the top in the state. And that's saying a lot in a competitive state like Tennessee. But the strongest district evolution of 9AAA play has also been amazing.

lol..we had to play a lighter schedule, because the tougher schedule we have played the last couple of years wasn't getting us any "bling" aka state championship rings..lol...I just hope we make it to state and then from there its "whatever happens happens" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the difference between last years Shelbyville team, and this one? I haven't got the chance to see to them play. Alex Jarrell still controlling the paint over there?

Yes, Jarrell and Dawson control the paint. But what has improved the most has been our outside shooting. We have a lot of guns, and they're all more consistent this year. Last year, we had champ Riverdale down by 10 at halftime in the regional final, and they grouped in against our posts and dared us to hit the outside shots in the 2nd half. Shelbyville scored 10 points in the 2nd half due to just plain poor shooting (a good strategy by Riverdale...last year). They took full advantage to drum us in the 2nd half and go on to state to win the title. Of course, we did not fare well against Cleveland on Cleveland's home court, and you guys busted us.

You should have a little more trouble with BC than Shelbyville has with Lebanon (praise to Lebanon on their run so far, but injuries hit Lawrence County at the wrong time of the year), but you should take BC down. If not, we get another crack at you guys on OUR home court on Saturday. More than likely if we play you guys this year, it will be at state on the neutral court. In any case, you've got a great team again this year that is probably a bit improved (more experienced) over last year's great team. GOOD LUCK!

As long as you've got Coach Moore, your team will continue to be one of the best programs in the state!

lol..we had to play a lighter schedule, because the tougher schedule we have played the last couple of years wasn't getting us any "bling" aka state championship rings..lol...I just hope we make it to state and then from there its "whatever happens happens" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

so...you werent good enough to win state....so ou had to play a softer schedule? very impressive

After watching Greeneville play many times this year I think they have a long way to go to be a contender for a state title. They do play good defense but just don't have the offensive firepower to win in the 'boro. They could be in serious trouble in the sectional game, especially if they don't win the region and have to travel.

Congratulations to the Greeneville Lady Devils. They did win the regional tournament and they don't have to travel, playing Farragut at home on Saturday, March 1. Greeneville has picked a really great time to become confident in their offense as well as defense just in the last week or so. They have been held back a little with the style of offense they had been playing during the regular season. I think Coach Crumbley is starting to have confidence in the whole team, not just a couple of people and is encouraging them all not to hesitate about taking their shots. Dickson never hesitates and is awesome as always and Rachel Collins is really starting to pour it on. The very versatile Devan McIntyre moved to the point last night (replacing Ramsey who is out with a torn ACL) and was on fire as she attacked the basket. Sophmore wings Shipley and Kelley are playing their roles to perfection and are taking and hitting the open shots which opens up things for the inside. Last night they were a threat offensively at every position while still playing their trademark defense. What a great time for all this to come together... IMO they really have a shot at going farther than ever before. Great Job Lady Devils!!!

so...you werent good enough to win state....so ou had to play a softer schedule? very impressive

I was just joking around. But umm the schedule you play has nothing to do with winning state, we was good enough to win state, the ball just did'nt bounce our way, it happens. But if memory serves me correctly, we have been better than Shelbyville 2 of the last 3 years huh?? I'm just joking around. But in all seriousness, best of luck to your Eaglettes against Bradley Central, Bradley will give them a run for their money, I just don't think Bradley can pull it out on the road. Have a nice day! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> and hope to see you in the 'Boro!

Final 8

Greenville

Oak Ridge

Cleveland

Bradley Central (just hate'n on Shelbyville) LOL

Hillsboro

McGavock

Millington

Houston

Keep hating on Shelbyville. These girls have heard it all year long that they can not make it to the tournament and the Championship games. Well they made it to District, Region, and now they have to play a Storied Program like Bradley Central to prove that they are a good team. They have not over looked any team yet. As long as they stay focused they can go all the way but now it just takes one bad night and your done. Teams are getting tougher as you get near state

Come on Girls your getting closer to your goal

Keep hating on Shelbyville. These girls have heard it all year long that they can not make it to the tournament and the Championship games. Well they made it to District, Region, and now they have to play a Storied Program like Bradley Central to prove that they are a good team. They have not over looked any team yet. As long as they stay focused they can go all the way but now it just takes one bad night and your done. Teams are getting tougher as you get near state

Come on Girls your getting closer to your goal

when you have a dominant program like shelbyville they are always going to get hated on. especially when your one of the most storied in the nation

When looking at these teams, I think Oak Ridge is kind of getting overlooked. I have had the opportunity to see almost every game this year and I see a determined team with a lot of heart. They might not have had as tough of a road as every other team that is is in substate game, but no matter what right now they are one of sixteen teams out of the state that still playing and that has to say something. On Monday Night against Maryville the girls fell behind in the first half, but didn't give up. Coach Prudden is a great motivator and got them fired up at halftime and they came out and played Oak Ridge Basketball. They went for it and never looked back and are now the district champs, district tournament champs, back to back region champs and looking at possibly another trip to Murfreesboro. Led behind senior Tiffany Johnson and Juniors Kortni Jones and Raegan Thompson I really like the team I have seen this year. They have been getting great work from Kierra Johnson down low and Jazzmine Hazzard as well. They love to play the run and gun and that is what gets their opponents. They may not led the whole game, but they will be at the end because they just tire out the other team.. I really like the Lady Wildcat's chances this year and look forward to a great substate game and hopefully another state tournament apperance next week.