Class A Sweet Sixteen

7asuperfan

Because UC has played some of the toughest competition in the state, in all classes, and beat everyone of them. Nash Christ. hasn't played anyone, at all. Van Buren is a better team, and have played better teams than NC has. Union City is the real deal and I hope they lose to LC because that may be the only time they lose this season. I have to pick Eagleville to be in the sweet 16, they are on the other side of the bracket, that has nothing to do with NC's side of the region until finals, which the loser will still go to substate. I think VB is a really good team, but I guess they could have a bad night and lose. Regardless, NC will lose in substate to Culleoka or Moore Co. in substate, I know for a fact that those two teams are better than NC and played much better competition, their region is simply better.

I never doubted that UC is an amazing team. My only concern was how you just cast NCS to the side. I know everone is saying they havn't played anyone, and they have played a weak schedule this year. However, in head to head games D-10 vs. D-9, D-10 is 11-3. Simply based on that, I'm confused how you can say they are simply better.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AmazingGrace4551

Well, I don't see why nobody has picked Grace Christian to make it. They're a great team that should win their region (2A). Also, Greenback will be th #2 team out of that region.

I'd also have to agree with an earlier post, Nashville Christian will make it to the sweet 16.

I never doubted that UC is an amazing team. My only concern was how you just cast NCS to the side. I know everone is saying they havn't played anyone, and they have played a weak schedule this year. However, in head to head games D-10 vs. D-9, D-10 is 11-3. Simply based on that, I'm confused how you can say they are simply better.

I think this will sum it up.

Division I

Class A, Region 5, District 10

Record: 31-1 (12-0)

Strength Rank: 3rd

Schedule Rank: 101st

Manassas

Division I

Class A, Region 8, District 16

Record: 30-5 (7-0)

Strength Rank: 10th

Schedule Rank: 88th

Union City

Division I

Class A, Region 7, District 14

Record: 32-0 (18-0)

Strength Rank: 1st

Schedule Rank: 51st

Humboldt

Division I

Class A, Region 7, District 14

Record: 26-5 (16-2)

Strength Rank: 2nd

Schedule Rank: 26th

The top 3 teams in the state play on the WEST side of the river, but this is very contempary in recent history. What is sad is that one of these teams will not make it, because they play each other in substate. Sad but true.

Because UC has played some of the toughest competition in the state, in all classes, and beat everyone of them. Nash Christ. hasn't played anyone, at all. Van Buren is a better team, and have played better teams than NC has. Union City is the real deal and I hope they lose to LC because that may be the only time they lose this season. I have to pick Eagleville to be in the sweet 16, they are on the other side of the bracket, that has nothing to do with NC's side of the region until finals, which the loser will still go to substate. I think VB is a really good team, but I guess they could have a bad night and lose. Regardless, NC will lose in substate to Culleoka or Moore Co. in substate, I know for a fact that those two teams are better than NC and played much better competition, their region is simply better.

The Van Buren Nashvile Christian game last night was incredible. Both teams left it all on the floor. Van Buren did not have a bad night- they sunk just about all the shots they got off. They played a good game and got NCS down by 14. That is where Nashville Christian's maturity came in to play. They were able to get past their shots not falling in the first half and make a come back. For everyone who said that VB is more talented that NCS , we were still able to pull it off with 3 of our starters hurt. Good Luck to everyone in sub-state. Great job Coach Anderson on your 1000th win. GO EAGLES!!

Hampton and University High will both advance to the State with wins over Grace Christian and Greenback. I have seen Grace play and Hampton had them beat earlier this year and led the whole game. Hampton let up and Grace got hot at the end. Hampton had just got their football players back, which was over half of the team and had a starter that was injured and did not play. Hampton also has 2 freshmen who are getting a lot of time now and are not playing like freshmen anymore. University high is shooting the lights out right now and play good defense. Their only weekness is down low but they have shooters all over the court and its hard to cover them all. Region 1 will advance here.

Hampton and University High will both advance to the State with wins over Grace Christian and Greenback. I have seen Grace play and Hampton had them beat earlier this year and led the whole game. Hampton let up and Grace got hot at the end. Hampton had just got their football players back, which was over half of the team and had a starter that was injured and did not play. Hampton also has 2 freshmen who are getting a lot of time now and are not playing like freshmen anymore. University high is shooting the lights out right now and play good defense. Their only weekness is down low but they have shooters all over the court and its hard to cover them all. Region 1 will advance here.

Well TylerDurden, I guess Grace and Greenback might as well not even play then since Hampton and University are both gonna advance to the state. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Yea, I know Hampton has a good ball team and you say the only reason why we beat you is because you just got back all your football players and that's why we gave Hampton their first loss. Well I need to know something, what about your other 5 losses that came after the game with Grace? Did your football players just get back again? Lets just play the game and may the best team win.

By the way, don't count out Greenback either because I know what they can do.

Actually, we know all about it being A, but UC and Humboldt belong in AA; thus the AA sentiment and taking back the region!!! Small town ball prevails (we can only hope)!!!

How silly..This was probably the only post this year and now will be the last...Just to clarify something...In District 14A there are 10 teams..Union City is 4th in enrollment just a tad bigger than Halls...Maybe papertiger was speaking in terms of the size of the towns..Humboldt and Union City are way bigger than Halls but their school enrollments are right there around the same....Union City and Humboldt are right where they should be..In 1A..

Well TylerDurden, I guess Grace and Greenback might as well not even play then since Hampton and University are both gonna advance to the state. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Yea, I know Hampton has a good ball team and you say the only reason why we beat you is because you just got back all your football players and that's why we gave Hampton their first loss. Well I need to know something, what about your other 5 losses that came after the game with Grace? Did your football players just get back again? Lets just play the game and may the best team win.

Actually, they only have 4 losses since then and and 3 of those are in one week when they had 4 road games in one week and 2 of them were aganst AA opponents. The other was last week in the district and one of their best players was out with the Flu and they still only lost by 2 points. They have won 13 out of their last 14 and are undefeated at home this year. I did not say it would not be a game because i think both games will be close, but I just see both Hampton and University High advancing.

I think Hampton is the best team out of the four, but it is very close between them and Grace. I do not see UH going to Grace and winning. Grace and UH both love to run and shoot the ball. But Grace is better than UH at that type of game. UH has 2 good players while Grace has a complete team. The Rams also have Slusher who is by far the best player Hampton has played against this year. From what I have heard from people who has seen them play, says that the winner of the UH-Hampton game will be heading to Murfeesboro. I would say that Hampton and Grace will both win their regions and both advance to state. Hampton only has 5 losses. For some reason Coacht has them losing to South Greene, a game in which the Dawgs actually won. And the Hampton team that got those 4 losses in the season was not the same team that you watched at Christmas. If Hampton would have played the Rams at the end of January, Grace would have won by 20. There were a lot of things that went on between the players, but it seems to be cleared up at the moment...