Mutliplier Disqualified?

dadoffour

Didn't ya'll have a QB sign with the Air Force Academy?

Will Healy signed with Air Force. Of course, every student there is actually on "scholarship" just like the other service academies. They operate under different rules than other D1 schools because of their unique circumstances. He went to their "prep school" for a year (never actually went to the Academy) and transferred to Richmond. He is still on the Spiders' roster and has been a career backup for the most part.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Pittsburg had only one more than that total in the last 20 years. It doesn't take 1-A signing players to dominate especially at the Class A level. Same with Trousdale over the years.

I would agree with that.

I would also say that Boyd Buchanan has NEVER had an athlete like Eddie Moore, wouldn't you? Neither has Whitwell, or Sequatchie, at least that I recall. In fact, not many schools have had one like him!

In my humble opinion, year in and year out, South Pittsburg has better athletes than BBS, and most other Chattanooga area schools also. At the very leasst, they are on equal footing with most area schools. I believe their athletes were as good as anyone BBS played the last couple of years and that includes Red Bank, Knox Fulton and the like.

Would you agree with that?

BTW, I'm not knocking Red Bank or Fulton, I'm complimenting SP!

The best athletes in chattanooga (as far as football goes) are mostly at public schools not private. Give or take a few at Baylor or McCallie.

Look at the athletes at Red Bank and Ooltewah. They are studs. Throw in S. Pitt, Soddy-Daisy, ER, Howard, Brainerd and your talking about some big time athletes. Can't name many from the small privates in Chattanooga.

The best athletes in chattanooga (as far as football goes) are mostly at public schools not private. Give or take a few at Baylor or McCallie.

Look at the athletes at Red Bank and Ooltewah. They are studs. Throw in S. Pitt, Soddy-Daisy, ER, Howard, Brainerd and your talking about some big time athletes. Can't name many from the small privates in Chattanooga.

Out of all of the schools you named...only one (SP) is a small public. They have some good athletes now...but they have been down until last year too.

Out of all of the schools you named...only one (SP) is a small public. They have some good athletes now...but they have been down until last year too.

There are 2 small publics in Chatt that play Football. Tyner and LV. I don't think you want to look at how many players Tyner has signed in the last 10 years...it is easily as many as any DI private in the state, and that doesn't count the many players they have had who were good enough to play at the next level but academically couldn't make it, or who dropped out of school after their junior year or Senior Football year.South Pitt signed 5 this year. How many more have they had over the years that haven't qualified for college or have chosen to not attend for various other reasons? A lot...I can think of 8 or 10 right off hand. The publics both small and large have more college level players than the privates, but they also have a lower graduation rate and a lower rate of college attendance for their graduates. The data is conclusive. No matter how many times you say the Earth is flat, it is still round.

I thought he went to UTC but never played because of injuries.

Correct

There are 2 small publics in Chatt that play Football. Tyner and LV. I don't think you want to look at how many players Tyner has signed in the last 10 years...it is easily as many as any DI private in the state, and that doesn't count the many players they have had who were good enough to play at the next level but academically couldn't make it, or who dropped out of school after their junior year or Senior Football year.South Pitt signed 5 this year. How many more have they had over the years that haven't qualified for college or have chosen to not attend for various other reasons? A lot...I can think of 8 or 10 right off hand. The publics both small and large have more college level players than the privates, but they also have a lower graduation rate and a lower rate of college attendance for their graduates. The data is conclusive. No matter how many times you say the Earth is flat, it is still round.Correct

He didn't mention Tyner. I was answering the question. How many did Tyner sign last year at any level? I already told you JCS signed 5 too. SP has been up and down. They won 3 games not too many years ago. The publics have more players...if they do...because there are about 6 times more publics. Of small publics and small privates...neither sign many DI players. That includes Tyner. Columbus thought America was India too. That didn't make it so.

Nope...he played for the preperatory school (or whatever you call the school that gets you ready for the academy). The qb in question ended up being the second guy at a D1aa school in Virginia.

He did sign with them even if he went elsewhere. Boyd has had some pretty good athletes over the last several years but they are a lot like SP talentwise, up and down. Players who can sign DI...even small DI...are not very common.