Mutliplier Disqualified?

dadoffour

I'm guessing you're with one of these schools in this projected district, after a full split. I agree, this would be much more reasonable:

Carroll Academy, Jackson Christian, Trinity Christian, Fayette Academy, Jackson University School

I didn't do an exact map between the schools but Somerville is listed at 51 miles from Jackson, 58 minutes. Not sure what sports Carroll offers but they're listed in the TSSAA schools so that's why they're included.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing you're with one of these schools in this projected district, after a full split. I agree, this would be much more reasonable:

Carroll Academy, Jackson Christian, Trinity Christian, Fayette Academy, Jackson University School

I didn't do an exact map between the schools but Somerville is listed at 51 miles from Jackson, 58 minutes. Not sure what sports Carroll offers but they're listed in the TSSAA schools so that's why they're included.

You would be correct, 51 miles to Somerville is not any worse than the trip to Ripley and Covington now.

Old Pirate...Let me put this in black and white for you. If you know of any incidents of cheating then you should turn it in to the TSSAA.

I`m suppose to believe that all this recruiting is going on at the public middle schools and yet no one, including yourself, cares enough to turn them in. By your accounts you have enough goods to take down all the private schools in Chattanooga.

That`s what I find so very amusing. People like yourself that come on here and declare they know all about private schools recruiting yet how come you have not turned anyone in if you have all this evidence? It seems to me that you get your kicks out of spreading rumor. I would love to see any school that is cheating get caught and punished.

Old Pirate...Let me put this in black and white for you. If you know of any incidents of cheating then you should turn it in to the TSSAA.

I`m suppose to believe that all this recruiting is going on at the public middle schools and yet no one, including yourself, cares enough to turn them in. By your accounts you have enough goods to take down all the private schools in Chattanooga.

That`s what I find so very amusing. People like yourself that come on here and declare they know all about private schools recruiting yet how come you have not turned anyone in if you have all this evidence? It seems to me that you get your kicks out of spreading rumor. I would love to see any school that is cheating get caught and punished.

He is like a broken record. He has no specifics but he keeps on making implications. This program, that program, recruiting all the middle schools. My sister's friend's dog's fleas saw a private school coach drive by a middle school and we all know what that means.

Here is my challenge to OP. If he has soooo much inside knowledge about all the small privates in the Chattanooga area recruiting then we must be doing it blatantly (since he lives 30 miles outside the city) and consistently. So just mosey down to some middle school and get some pictures and names.

Or, if OP doesn't want to travel, he can just post the mission statements of each school. After all, he obviously knows them inside and out, their deepest darkest secrets, so have at it OP...show us how much you REALLY know about the small privates...

p.s. I don't know who he thinks "knew about TT for years" but from what I understand as soon as the Arts and Sciences AD found out kids were in violation he reported them...the TSSAA showed up a month later. They uncovered some things that no one knew about...EXCEPT OP apparently. LOL!!

There had been talk about Temple for a while, but until there's something concrete all it will be is hearsay at any school. I really can't see any widespread recruiting as far as a coach calling a parent, I can see parents contacting parents but it would be simple for the contacting parents to just say they were overeager and did it on their own (even if a coach organized it).

He is like a broken record. He has no specifics but he keeps on making implications. This program, that program, recruiting all the middle schools. My sister's friend's dog's fleas saw a private school coach drive by a middle school and we all know what that means.

Here is my challenge to OP. If he has soooo much inside knowledge about all the small privates in the Chattanooga area recruiting then we must be doing it blatantly (since he lives 30 miles outside the city) and consistently. So just mosey down to some middle school and get some pictures and names.

Or, if OP doesn't want to travel, he can just post the mission statements of each school. After all, he obviously knows them inside and out, their deepest darkest secrets, so have at it OP...show us how much you REALLY know about the small privates...

p.s. I don't know who he thinks "knew about TT for years" but from what I understand as soon as the Arts and Sciences AD found out kids were in violation he reported them...the TSSAA showed up a month later. They uncovered some things that no one knew about...EXCEPT OP apparently. LOL!!

Exactly...I find it hard to believe that private school coaches are running around the halls of middle schools and the TSSAA doesn`t know about it.

Exactly...I find it hard to believe that private school coaches are running around the halls of middle schools and the TSSAA doesn`t know about it.

VG quick question.........If a private school child is sponsored by school supporter is this breaking the rules? And if it's not how often do you feel this happens.

My guess would be for the small privates hardly ever, but for the larger privates I have no clue.

VG quick question.........If a private school child is sponsored by school supporter is this breaking the rules? And if it's not how often do you feel this happens.

My guess would be for the small privates hardly ever, but for the larger privates I have no clue.

By "sponsored" do you mean having their tuition paid for by someone outside their family that is a school supporter?

I`m not sure what you mean by a small private and a large private. Are you referring to Div. I and Div. II private schools?

There had been talk about Temple for a while, but until there's something concrete all it will be is hearsay at any school. I really can't see any widespread recruiting as far as a coach calling a parent, I can see parents contacting parents but it would be simple for the contacting parents to just say they were overeager and did it on their own (even if a coach organized it).

Old Pirate says, Indian these privates are like our prision system, full of the innocent. It was found to become halarious listening to the excuses given by the TT folks. OP says some programs think they can remain under the radar, but we all know that is next to impossiable for long.

LET OP PUT THIS IN BLACK & WHITE VolGen,

OP never................................. said he knew for years about TT and never.................................said "all" privates. As far as running thru the halls of the middle schools recruiting???????? come on give them a little more credit than that. Usually the contacts are made thru the middle school coaches and probably never thru administrators, as the case OP knows details about.

Old Pirate says, Baldcoach you are assuming............................... OP lives in SP just because of the connection to the school. Wrong......................... You need to buy another crystal ball, yours is giving improper info. Due to family currently connected to 2 programs in the Chatt area OP will not provide more info.

There is a simple solution to these disagreements. Since OP has family on both sides let the privates play with their selves and then argue the points with each other.

Old Pirate says this is...............unbelievable .............................!

By "sponsored" do you mean having their tuition paid for by someone outside their family that is a school supporter?

I`m not sure what you mean by a small private and a large private. Are you referring to Div. I and Div. II private schools?

What is up asking this question? The big privates openly recruit and have scholarships/incentives. For the "ONES" that obviously are a little fussy on what the word sponser means................................ here it is.

1. one who assumes responsibity for some other person or thing

2. a person or organization that pays for or plans and carries out a project or activity

This is a common response from some private supporters ?

Sponsorship does not neccessarily mean an exchange of $$$$$, perhaps waved or failure to collect, like the example at TT.

OP says it appears "only the church afiliated privates have a difficult time in understanding, well, well.... heck they all differ on their religous practices as well. One should easily understand how this could happen.

Where did some of these people get their educations certainly they have some issues with life's reality. Nuh said..................

Yes that is what I mean.

I`m not sure what you mean by a small private and a large private. Are you referring to Div. I and Div. II private schools

I would consider Baylor, McCallie, N. Dame, CCS a large private. Sorry my examples are Chatt. schools, but that is the topic.

From the TSSAA handbook -

Tuition and Financial Aid

Section 16. If tuition is charged, it must be paid by parent, bona fide guardian or other family member. If a parent, guardian or other family member secures a loan for payment of tuition, it must remain an obligation of the parents, guardian or other family member to repay the principle and interest in full with no exceptions. Financial aid will be allowed under the following conditions:

1. Children of full-time faculty members may be given financial aid, but such students, if transfers, shall be ineligible for 12 months in any sport in which they have an athletic record for the previous or current year.

2. Financial aid may be awarded on the basis of need, but proof of such need must be filed in the TSSAA office on forms approved by the Executive Director. In order to determine the basis for need, all schools awarding financial aid shall use the School and Student Scholastic Service for Financial Aid of Princeton, New Jersey. A committee consisting of School Heads from Division II schools and one ex-officio, non-voting member from the Board of Control will meet and make recommendations to the Board of Control on each student submitted. In addition, this committee will collect information from schools regarding financial aid statistics, grant procedures, and the overall financial aid program within the school. The Board of Control will then rule on all cases at the August meeting. The Board of Control shall have authority to reject the basis for need for students when in its opinion, or the opinion of the school committee, the amount of need stated by School and Student Service for Financial Aid of Princeton, New Jersey, cannot be justified.

3. Any loan program, grant program, educational foundation or similar program that is established and/or administered, in whole or in part, by a school or official of a school is considered financial aid.

Schools shall remove any student from athletic eligibility whose accounts with the school are 60 days overdue.

All records pertaining to financial aid or tuition assistance shall be open to TSSAA upon its request. Each school shall be responsible for securing necessary authorization to allow TSSAA to review or audit such records.