Greeneville vs. Millington

dodgerdude

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sound to me your little Elly Mae feels that she has been cheated. YOU have no idea what you are talking about. So, I hear you saying that you have seen her play with AAU. So you are traveling to see a person play that has as you say no heart. come on go stomp your sour grapes and maybe next year things will be better for you ETNMOM!

Okay, let's get some things cleared up as I have personally watched this team play several times this year. First Dickson is only 5'11" to 6' - no more. Collins is 6'1" at the most. Comparing Dickson to Candace Parker is just wrong in so many ways. Dickson is a good player but seems to lack a good work ethic and heart. How many games has she scored 20-30 points? I have witnessed her being held to much fewer points. I can not envision her as a large Division I college recruit from what I saw this year. I have also watched her play AAU ball and she is by no means the star of the team. By the way, we from East Tennessee are accustomed to the constant bragging and inflation of the Greeneville team from their fan base. Good team...yes. Best team in the state...I doubt it. Greeneville can and has been beat this year by teams less talented than the Millington team.

After watching the Millington/Wilson Central AAA Championship game, it became even more apparent to me just how close Greeneville came to being one of those two teams. We took Millington to 3 OT's in a very similar game. If just a few things had fallen differently (shots mostly, lol) we could very well have been there tonight. I'm so excited about our returning team that should definitely be in striking position next year as well.

Also, congratulations to Nicole Dickson on being a finalist for the Miss Basketball award. Even though Hassell was chosen, you are still OUR Miss Basketball here in East Tennessee for sure!

Congratulations to Millington for making it so far and also to the Lady Devils for a great showing! We are extremely proud of you!

I have a three point threat. This same young lady set the shelby metro record this season with 10 three pointers by the end of the 3rd quarter 10 for 11 to be exact. She had a strained ligament that took place about 8 games ago but played through and couldn't really get her lift without experiencing severe pain. She actually only took 2 shots in the championship game. Trust me when she is healthy, you don't want to zone her. She is extremely accurate. At one point she was shooting 50 percent from 3 point range with 99 shot attempts.

As far as you bashing your coach, that is really not cool. She has done a great job with that program and you should give her some respect.

I don't feel that I out coached her at all. When it came down to it, my girls just made the plays at the end. She had a good game plan and I think mine was good too but it came down to the kids getting it done not any coaching adjustments.

As a final note, you all have a great basketball program that you should be proud of. Greeneville will be back I'm sure for another State tourney birth.

I have a three point threat. This same young lady set the shelby metro record this season with 10 three pointers by the end of the 3rd quarter 10 for 11 to be exact. She had a strained ligament that took place about 8 games ago but played through and couldn't really get her lift without experiencing severe pain. She actually only took 2 shots in the championship game. Trust me when she is healthy, you don't want to zone her. She is extremely accurate. At one point she was shooting 50 percent from 3 point range with 99 shot attempts.

As far as you bashing your coach, that is really not cool. She has done a great job with that program and you should give her some respect.

I don't feel that I out coached her at all. When it came down to it, my girls just made the plays at the end. She had a good game plan and I think mine was good too but it came down to the kids getting it done not any coaching adjustments.

As a final note, you all have a great basketball program that you should be proud of. Greeneville will be back I'm sure for another State tourney birth.

Great job coach...you have a super TEAM! I only agree with "orange" on one or two aspects. Some sort of modified zone would have been advisable for us to play until one of your girls proved us wrong on a 3. And, sure, Coach C could have done a few things differently, but what coach wouldn't in that situation when looking back? She is a very dedicated young woman and I saw much improvement from last year to this year in her coaching. As "barb" has stated on our IMAC thread, we did give former coach Blair over 20 years so perhaps we should be a little patient with Coach Crumbley. After all, she had her team there as one of only eight in the state. That is truly an accomplishment in itself.

As to the reasons Greeneville didn't fair better, as I have stated on another thread that I think Nicole tried to do too much. Not selfishly in any way but just as though all the pressure was on her to do all the scoring. Many times she went up against a triple team which obviously left at least one or two of her team mates open and her fade away just wasn't falling like it normally does. The other 4 on the floor are all very capable scorers. It's too bad they didn't get a chance to do some.

Our defense was sound, holding your girls to 31 in regulation and so was your defense. We really needed to open up other avenues of scoring and there was opportunities but when one person goes 8 for 20 from the floor, it really doesn't give the chance for others to score. Just my opinion, but Nicole and the coaching staff have GOT to start having confidence in the other players and function as a TEAM. Because one player doesn't win a championship, a well-balanced scoring TEAM wins. Greeneville functioned as a team until this game and then it became all Nicole focused. I don't know if it was her taking on that role herself or the coaching staff pushing that line of thinking but it really hurt our total offense.

Coachgat, I think you are right...barring any injuries, I think both teams will be back next year. Great job representing West Tennessee. Hopefully, we can represent the East again and take the Gold Ball for a longer ride home out of the mid-state. (just hope it heads East, lol)

Millington actually played a bad game against Greenville... They do hit 3's but just went cold during the tourn..

Definitely wasn't Greeneville's best game either so I'm not sure the point is valid. But since Millington was cold in the tourney, we could have modified a zone to handle 22 until someone hit a three. But, hindsight is 20/20. Both teams did a great job!

But, Coach Gat, I talked to you in person during the games that night, right before the Bartlett game, (I had on the Kentucky stuff). But as a coach you have to know that you want you're team to make the other team prove that they are capable of doing something they haven't yet proved they can do. Congratulations on a great run and I have much greater respect for you after talking to you and watching you coach this weekend.

And hindsight is realizing something after the game. On this though, I told the guy I was sitting next to at the end of the first quarter that I would have started the second quarter in a zone. I truly believe that gave Greeneville the best chance of winning the ball game.

As far as Nicole trying to do too much, she had to. Devin was scared to shoot, Shipley and Kelley were as well. If nobody else wants to take the shots then I want my best player taking the shots with confidence.

And About Blair what did giving him year after year get us???? NOTHING. And I feel thats where this tenure is heading. Blair's last year, Beth Bryant, Christie Fisher, Maegan Lyons, Nakeisha Manuel, Alex White, the best team in Greeneville history Blair found a way to lose with them. Winning championships comes down to coaching and gameplanning because when you get to the State Tournament or Final Four in College everybody can play just as good as your girl/guy. so in the end it comes down to which coach has a better gameplan and which team executes it better. Correct CoachGat????

If you think that the coach and players are so bad, why do you waste your time to go and watch them play? Not many coaches come to a school and in the first year take the team to the state tournament. Last year if you forgot was the first time the Lady Devils went undefeated in the Imac Division. For the last two years Coach Crumbley's team was the Division Winner, District Winner, Regional Winner, Sub State Winner and went to the State Tournament. A Coach is only as good as the players are. that is why they call it a team. COACH CRUMBLEY YOU ARE AN ASSET TO OUR SCHOOL AND OUR COMMUNITY.

But, Coach Gat, I talked to you in person during the games that night, right before the Bartlett game, (I had on the Kentucky stuff). But as a coach you have to know that you want you're team to make the other team prove that they are capable of doing something they haven't yet proved they can do. Congratulations on a great run and I have much greater respect for you after talking to you and watching you coach this weekend.

And hindsight is realizing something after the game. On this though, I told the guy I was sitting next to at the end of the first quarter that I would have started the second quarter in a zone. I truly believe that gave Greeneville the best chance of winning the ball game.

As far as Nicole trying to do too much, she had to. Devin was scared to shoot, Shipley and Kelley were as well. If nobody else wants to take the shots then I want my best player taking the shots with confidence.

And About Blair what did giving him year after year get us???? NOTHING. And I feel thats where this tenure is heading. Blair's last year, Beth Bryant, Christie Fisher, Maegan Lyons, Nakeisha Manuel, Alex White, the best team in Greeneville history Blair found a way to lose with them. Winning championships comes down to coaching and gameplanning because when you get to the State Tournament or Final Four in College everybody can play just as good as your girl/guy. so in the end it comes down to which coach has a better gameplan and which team executes it better. Correct CoachGat????

Well, our game plan in the Wilson Central game was a good plan as their plan was. It was all up to the players to execute each plan. Turnovers are obviously not in a coach's game plan. Your coach had a great plan. One thing that some people don't understand is good teams sometimes make you play ugly. Wilson central made us play ugly at times. Those games could have gone either way.

Well, our game plan in the Wilson Central game was a good plan as their plan was. It was all up to the players to execute each plan. Turnovers are obviously not in a coach's game plan. Your coach had a great plan. One thing that some people don't understand is good teams sometimes make you play ugly. Wilson central made us play ugly at times. Those games could have gone either way.

I am sure that your home fans will not talk about you like some of these greeneville people. I am ashamed the way some of these people act. I also talked to you at the tournament, which I found you to be a very nice man. Jusst like you said, it is up to the players to make the plays that you call. Coach Crumbley is a very nice lady.