Greeneville vs. Millington

dodgerdude

Indian:

To expound on what coachh17 said, Greeneville prolly gets more competiton out of a home and home series with AA Elizabethton than some other AAA schools in NET. Its also a longstanding rivialry game. Good Job Devils and Trojans in providing what may be the most entertaining game of the tournament.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest TSSAA enrollment figures listed have them at 864, up 30 from the beginning of the four-year classification. They'd be AA basketball and 3A football easily. They do well in AAA and still have room on the schedule for the strong AA opponents mentioned so it seems like a good decision.

I know Greeneville has a great half court defense, but didnt see them holding what I thought would be a more athletic Millington team to that total in regulation. Maybe its a lot better than I thought it was - which was really good.

Didnt see the game, nor listen to it - but after reading the PBP in the box score...it seems like Greeneville had a couple of big turnovers in the final 2:23 of the game. Then couldnt get a defensive rebound on the second of two free-throw attempts with the game still a one-possession game late in the final OT period.

The PBP gave Millington two offensive deadball rebounds in the final 0:07 of the game with the game a 3-point game. I think they only got one, because it appears the PBP was crediting deadball rebounds after a team missed the front end of a 2-shot bonus free-throw situation.

Hats off to Greeneville for a good season.

I do not know where the AA reference came from. Greeneville is a small AAA school enrollment wise. They play up in football at AAAA, but I am not sure if they have AA eligible basketball enrollment. They also play AA South Greene and AA Elizabethton almost every year, probably because they are pretty good AA opponents.

Coach, I can't believe you had your Greeneville info wrong as many times as you've seen us. We aren't much bigger than 'ol Betsy. It would be interesting to see the region breakdown if we did play AA.

coachgat,

Bad Weather possibilities has caused us to cancel the trip over. Good luck and win.

Dragon you dont drive too well in good weather I'm glad you are hanging in the Ville this weekend.

Coach Gat good luck and carry the Shelby County banner high for us this weekend.

Coach, I can't believe you had your Greeneville info wrong as many times as you've seen us. We aren't much bigger than 'ol Betsy. It would be interesting to see the region breakdown if we did play AA.

barb,

I have been out of teaching and coaching since 2005. I knew Greeneville had low enrollment and plays up in football, I just wasn't sure where the AAA/AA enrollment cut-off line was. Greeneville probably could have won a state title or two had they been playing in AA the past five seasons. It really helped Elizabethton in everything since we dropped to AA.