Bad traveling weather?

The local weather folks are saying (if you believe it) that it's suppose to start getting bad about 6 PM and continue into Sat. I'm not sure what the bad weather plan is for the tournament.

Im thinking about leaving Cleveland around 4 Eastern time, which should get me to the 'Boro around 5 o'clock Central time. I was thinking of staying the night, instead of driving home in the bad weather in the dark.

That is a good plan except I would probably leave for the boro earllier than 4. It is suppose to start this afternoon and continue through the night. Weather forecasting is different in the midstate area than in east hillbilly area. They normally know what they are doing. I would get here as early as I could and definetly plan on staying the night. Just one persons opinion.

Im thinking about leaving Cleveland around 4 Eastern time, which should get me to the 'Boro around 5 o'clock Central time. I was thinking of staying the night, instead of driving home in the bad weather in the dark.

I predict a slippery slope on both sides of Monteagle tonight. The rain has washed all the salt off the pavement. However, I got my meteorology degree by correspondence through CoachT.

Some schools around the middle Tennessee area are letting out early if they werent cancelled so I would say there is a chance it couldg et a little slippery out there. I dont have a degree in meteorology either but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Safe travels to everyone tonight.

Do the tournaments ever get cancelled, and if so, where would it be posted? TSSAA website? Local TV and Radio stations?

Don't know how many people remember, but the big blizzard of '93 came on the Friday night of the girl's state tourney and the tournament was played. There were 8 inches on the ground and coming home from the 'boro was definately an adventure. With only 2-4 inches expected, I would doubt there would be a cancellation.

Do the tournaments ever get cancelled, and if so, where would it be posted? TSSAA website? Local TV and Radio stations?

If they didn't cancel it in the blizzard of 93 they won't cancel it now. Not many poeple got to see the finals in 1993. Some of us in TN had well over a foot of snow that weekend. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />