Milan and Upperman

GCPioneer

Not at all. Lashay is a 3 I think when they call the lineups, but in actuality she's really a PG because the 2 games I've seen she brings the ball up the court and sets up the offense.

Chantel is a rare physical specimen that you don't see everyday in Girls HS Basketball. She is a post player that can play anything from 2-5. It's tough when you have a 5'10 girl that is fast, can jump, and has a good basketball IQ hounding you.

It reminds me of Candace Parker (not comparing Chantel to Candace lol) but how hard is it for other girls on the offensive end to have someone who is a few inches taller than her, can jump high, and is step for step with you the whole time?

It's just a tough matchup for Lashay, but it's a matchup that is a once in a blue moon thing because Chantel is a once in a blue moon player.

This in no way is taking away from Lashay because I would take 5 Lashay's on my team any day. There are matchup problems in basketball, and this is one of them.

BTW.... What schools are Lashay looking at?

LaShay can play anything from the 1-3. And in my opinion, does them all well.

Chantel is a great player, and I think will do well at Purdue.

I like this post, it makes me feel much better. (not that you need to make me feel better, but I like it anyways)

I talked to gatorbill after I read this post, and I think he is ok with you. He told me to play nice, cause you mean well. and he said to give you /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> when I read this post to him.

Gatorbill cant tell you what schools because of his connections, but I can tell you MSU and Duke both have been watching. Mostly from a distance, but with increasing interest. Im going to bed. I cant read any more tonight. Congrats to your team on a great season.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LaShay can play anything from the 1-3. And in my opinion, does them all well.

Chantel is a great player, and I think will do well at Purdue.

I like this post, it makes me feel much better. (not that you need to make me feel better, but I like it anyways)

I talked to gatorbill after I read this post, and I think he is ok with you. He told me to play nice, cause you mean well. and he said to give you /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> when I read this post to him.

Gatorbill cant tell you what schools because of his connections, but I can tell you MSU and Duke both have been watching. Mostly from a distance, but with increasing interest. Im going to bed. I cant read any more tonight. Congrats to your team on a great season.

Tell gator I did overreact yesterday about the Chantel comment, and I apologize. I really have never come into any kind of discussion with him before so didn't know if he was one of those who bashes everything when loses. He obviously is not, and I apologize. However, I think he knows what the reaction would've been if I said Lashay was ____________ and inserted a negative comment.

In no way was I hear to pi$$ off Gator, it was more of defending Chantel. However, the discussion should've stopped when he edited his comments, and I failed to do that.

Not at all. Lashay is a 3 I think when they call the lineups, but in actuality she's really a PG because the 2 games I've seen she brings the ball up the court and sets up the offense.

Chantel is a rare physical specimen that you don't see everyday in Girls HS Basketball. She is a post player that can play anything from 2-5. It's tough when you have a 5'10 girl that is fast, can jump, and has a good basketball IQ hounding you.

It reminds me of Candace Parker (not comparing Chantel to Candace lol) but how hard is it for other girls on the offensive end to have someone who is a few inches taller than her, can jump high, and is step for step with you the whole time?

It's just a tough matchup for Lashay, but it's a matchup that is a once in a blue moon thing because Chantel is a once in a blue moon player.

This in no way is taking away from Lashay because I would take 5 Lashay's on my team any day. There are matchup problems in basketball, and this is one of them.

BTW.... What schools are Lashay looking at?

I am so happy to see this post. This is what I tried to get you to admit last night. See they can both be good players with out compairing them. I know we will see planty of them on TV in the next few years. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am so happy to see this post. This is what I tried to get you to admit last night. See they can both be good players with out compairing them. I know we will see planty of them on TV in the next few years. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Last night, I thought I tried to say Lashay was a great player. If I failed to, I apologize.

It's a tough matchup for Lashay to be on someone with the size, strength, speed, jumping ability, etc...

If any of you watch SEC BB, it's like the Temple kid from LSU on the elite SEC guards. Would I take the Temple kid over Lofton, Gaines, etc.... Heck no! However, there's no doubt that he is a great defensive player that can hound and take away and limit the strengths of a star player.

I thought I was saying Lashay was a great player last night, but like I said I apologize if that didn't come across with my props to Chantel's game yesterday.

Tell gator I did overreact yesterday about the Chantel comment, and I apologize. I really have never come into any kind of discussion with him before so didn't know if he was one of those who bashes everything when loses. He obviously is not, and I apologize. However, I think he knows what the reaction would've been if I said Lashay was ____________ and inserted a negative comment.

In no way was I hear to pi$$ off Gator, it was more of defending Chantel. However, the discussion should've stopped when he edited his comments, and I failed to do that.

I got ya! Thank you. And I am glad you understand that I truly am sorry that I even started to go the direction that I did. I should have re-read that post one more time, and all of this flap would have never happened. I loved watching Milan play ball, (except against US of course). they were an exciting and talented team.

I was going to take a break from this place because I have always felt that "if you are not part of the solution, it means you are part of the problem" and I didnt like being part of the "problem" last night. These teams have accomplished A LOT this year, and to have some fat old man sit here and ruin it because he wasnt in the best of moods, well, that just doesnt work for me.

But, after a phone call or two, and reading through this thread some more, I guess I discovered that I kind of like the people too much to leave here. I like the differing opinions, and I like the sportsmanship and commaradarie that people show towards each other. I am thankful for my CoachT family, and I am glad to welcome you into the bunch. I like your passion. And I like your ability to forgive a fat old man for flapping his fingers without proof reading.

Thanks to turnadouble, and sportsjunkie, and anyone else that I missed for the extremely nice comments. I guess I will stick around a little longer!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I got ya! Thank you. And I am glad you understand that I truly am sorry that I even started to go the direction that I did. I should have re-read that post one more time, and all of this flap would have never happened. I loved watching Milan play ball, (except against US of course). they were an exciting and talented team.

I was going to take a break from this place because I have always felt that "if you are not part of the solution, it means you are part of the problem" and I didnt like being part of the "problem" last night. These teams have accomplished A LOT this year, and to have some fat old man sit here and ruin it because he wasnt in the best of moods, well, that just doesnt work for me.

But, after a phone call or two, and reading through this thread some more, I guess I discovered that I kind of like the people too much to leave here. I like the differing opinions, and I like the sportsmanship and commaradarie that people show towards each other. I am thankful for my CoachT family, and I am glad to welcome you into the bunch. I like your passion. And I like your ability to forgive a fat old man for flapping his fingers without proof reading.

Thanks to turnadouble, and sportsjunkie, and anyone else that I missed for the extremely nice comments. I guess I will stick around a little longer!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You don't have to apologize to me because at time I'm the world's worst at blaming everyone from the refs to even the announcers; it's human nature and all have done it.

From reading the threads, it seems like I came across as someone bashing Lashay. In no way did I intend to bash Lashay; it was meant more to compliment Chantel for being an offensive force and then doing an amazing job on the Miss Basketball winner.

I think you're a gator fan judging by the name so I guess with me being a Vol fan, it's just in our blood types to disagree lol

BTW... did you happen to catch the Vols-Gator game Wednesday night after the TSSAA? I listened to it on the radio on the way back to Milan, and I'm surpised I didn't wreck.

You don't have to apologize to me because at time I'm the world's worst at blaming everyone from the refs to even the announcers; it's human nature and all have done it.

From reading the threads, it seems like I came across as someone bashing Lashay. In no way did I intend to bash Lashay; it was meant more to compliment Chantel for being an offensive force and then doing an amazing job on the Miss Basketball winner.

I think you're a gator fan judging by the name so I guess with me being a Vol fan, it's just in our blood types to disagree lol

BTW... did you happen to catch the Vols-Gator game Wednesday night after the TSSAA? I listened to it on the radio on the way back to Milan, and I'm surpised I didn't wreck.

I have said for a long time that it is so hard to completely understand the intent of a poster on a message board, unless you know the person OFF the board, because there is so hard to interepret the tone of the voice, or the personality behind the text.

we are certainly going to be alright here, and I look foward to see you next year at tBoro.

I am a huge Gator Fan. I was a walk-on WR at UF my freshman year of college. That didnt last long, as my kneecap was broken into 2 pieces shortly into the experiment!! hahaha.

I went back home after my freshman year, and enrolled at Michigan State. My heart has always been split between the two places, and I guess always will be.

I can say, when I was making my initial decision of colleges, I was much like Chantel Poston. I could have went to any school that my heart desired. I had music scholly offers from every major football school in the country (which to ME meant, BOWL GAME TRIPS!!!!) and UT was second on my list of choices. They were the second school to offer, after UF, and I really liked the place. But UF was the winner for MANY reasons, including a certain skirt that I was chasing there.

Anyways, I am rambling, and MrsGatorBill is going to roll her eyes at me when she reads all of this mess!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I missed the Gator -v- Vols game, but I was glad to hear it went better than the first meeting. Gave me some hope!!!

Keep an eye on MSU womens hoops. They are missing a piece of the puzzle now, but they are only one or two players away from being something GREAT.