Milan and Upperman

GCPioneer

GC should have a great 8th grade team EVERY year. They have 5 feeder schools. That is 25 girls that have played for atleast a year of middle school ball. Can you imagine having 25 girls coming into your program EVERY year that have experience. Most schools are lucky to get 1 or 2.

The thing is, those middle schools excluding Medina are most likely the size of your 1 feeder school that feeds to North Side. Yorkville averages maybe 18-20 per 8th grade class, Spring Hill averages maybe 16-19 per 8th grade class, Rutherford probably has about 45-49 per 8th grade class and Dyer probably has avout 50-55 per 8th grade class...If you figure that up and I'll go with the most students possible, that's about 130 students....I'll promise you North Side get's that many from their feeder school....only if you knew how small the jr. highs were around here you'd be surprised....Gibson Co. is in AA and has competed in AA for years...if these feeder schools made such a big difference wouldn't you think we'd be in AAA???? Also, Gibson Co. HAS NEVER had a Freshman team with 25 players...common sense tells you that every 8th grader at the Jr. High level is not going to go up and play HS basketball, especially at GC when the talent level is so high

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yea, NSIndian, don't forget Dyer Co. as well as Obion Co. also have 3-4 feeder schools that feed into them...That's why we're COUNTY SCHOOLS..

Obion Co. has Lake Road, Ridgemont, Black Oak, and Hillcrest...

Dyer Co. has 3 Oaks and Northview (or whatever that school is I forget) and 3 Oaks is massive...

so there's you a little more to think about...

Gatorbillmsu, Don??™t quit posting because of this idiot. When my team plays Upperman you always talk fairly about the game and you have never been anything but respectful to our team on here. I wasn??™t at the Upperman Milan game so I have no idea what happened but I was reading all this crap on here. Just so you know tvols75, during the Marshall and Milan game I heard the commentator talk about the game between Upperman and Milan and how it was close at the beginning of the forth until Joyner knocked down 2 three??™s in a row. Tvols75, I think you may have brought some bad karma to your team and Chantel.

If I'm a bad guy for taking up for a Milan play then so be it. Gator apologized, and I probably overreacted. You guys would overreact if I came on here and said Lashay Davis is a poor sport as well.

The rest of my posts pointed out facts from the game.

Milan led by 10 at the end of 3 and scored the first 13 points in the 4th so I don't know what announcer you was listening to.

Care to point out any of the crap I posted?

Because if crap is me pointing out Chantel held Lashay to 6 points.... then yea I post crap.

If it's crap because I pointed out Coach V told Hamn and his other players to back off and let the other Upperman girls outside of Lashay shoot long range shots then yes I post crap.

Tell me where I posted crap?

Are you still whining and crying?

LOL you say my name in a post, and I whine when I respond?

Sorry, but I don't whine over 24 point wins.

If you start a Milan-Marshall CO. thread, I won't cry.

Whining isn't posting facts, whining is ignoring facts.

You have nothing to say so you say something cheap like I whine and cry. How about post some real information?

OK.. This is factual; yesterday you were on top of the world because your team won. Today you have whined and cried about your team not getting a call on nothing more than your opinion. A biased opinion at that. If you are not sure what I am talking about then go to the thread you started (Milan can't get a call). Fact: you are a pot stirrer by starting another thread about two teams you claim to not be a fan of.

Now about basketball. Fact: Milan is a good team. A team that played some of their best ball at the right time. Runner-up is pretty dog gone good and you get my congratulations. Marshall was better today.

Fact: Jackson County's player was fouled and should have been called regardless of the time on the clock.

BYE! I am done!!! for now /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

OK.. This is factual; yesterday you were on top of the world because your team won. Today you have whined and cried about your team not getting a call on nothing more than your opinion. A biased opinion at that. If you are not sure what I am talking about then go to the thread you started (Milan can't get a call). Fact: you are a pot stirrer by starting another thread about two teams you claim to not be a fan of.

Now about basketball. Fact: Milan is a good team. A team that played some of their best ball at the right time. Runner-up is pretty dog gone good and you get my congratulations. Marshall was better today.

Fact: Jackson County's player was fouled and should have been called regardless of the time on the clock.

BYE! I am done!!! for now /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I was on top of the world yesterday? I only responded yesterday to the Upperman fans. Before that, no comments from me.

I'm a pot stirrer to ask what people thought of that last call? If that's what you call it then what am I stirring up? Am I stirring up a gun fight by asking what people's opinions are?

When I posted that, I was dissatisfied as was Coach V on about 3 back to back possessions very early in the 3rd quarter. The refs didn't cost Milan the game, and I was talking about the refs in general thus far in the tourney. Marshall Co. was better and had several daggers.

I want you to back up your facts that 1. I bashed Lashay Davis when I said I thought Chantel deserved it and 2. I posted crap yesterday.

Point those out for me.... oh wait you can't and just like to spout off when you have no argument!

I was on top of the world yesterday? I only responded yesterday to the Upperman fans. Before that, no comments from me.Really? so you were not on top of the world? Talking about how one kid outplayed 3?

I'm a pot stirrer to ask what people thought of that last call? If that's what you call it then what am I stirring up? Am I stirring up a gun fight by asking what people's opinions are?you are telling me you haven't read about these two teams (who happen to be huge rivals) in another thread that was 20 pages long about bad reffing? Where I am from you let sleeping dogs lie.

When I posted that you were whining, I was dissatisfied as was Coach V on about 3 back to back possessions very early in the 3rd quarter. The refs didn't cost Milan the game, and I was talking about the refs in general thus far in the tourneyreally after 2 big wins now Milan can't get a call? Or the whole tourney?. Marshall Co. was better and had several daggers.

I want you to back up your facts that 1. I bashed Lashay Davis when I said I thought Chantel deserved it and 2. I posted crap yesterday.I never said you bashed LaShay (but were basing your opinion on one game or said trash yesterday, I said on top of the world

Point those out for me.... oh wait you can't and just like to spout off when you have no argument! I can argue /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This time I am done!!

lol you are cracking me up. It's you against the world & you have even pulled in other fans that think you are ridiculous. I posted that the commentator, who is not bias for either team, said it was a close game at the beginning of the forth until Joyner knocked down two three's back to back. That was his exact words. I made that point because you insisted earlier in this thread that Upperman was never close to Milan. You have made it obvious that you don't care what anyone else says. I truly don't care if Milan led or Upperman was close and I don't care that Milan beat Upperman because we wanted to beat them all year.lol I was just telling you gatorbill or who ever posted on here that they weren't crazy that the people from thssn thought it was close at one point to. I really don't think you know when to stop.

1. I never said Upperman wasn't close. I said Milan controlled the game and was dominant for most of it. Milan was up 10 at the end of 3 and held Upperman scoreless for almost 6 minutes in the 4th quarter while they went on a 13-0 run to start. If that's close... then you can call it close.

2. I know gatorbill isn't crazy. I took offense to a comment about Poston, and I overreacted. I will admit I overreacted. However, all the Upperman fans would've overreacted if I said Lashay Davis had a bad attitude and would've bashed me.

You say I don't know when to stop... maybe you should tell some of the posters to point out where I crossed the line. I haven't done anything except make an observation of the game. My observation was based on fact yet somehow I'm causing trouble.

Like I said, point out some of my comments that were "crap" as some poster called it.

See that is my point, you write a whole page over nothing. Seriously I am not your enemy because my girls weren??™t in the state. lol You never come out and directly said Davis was not as good as Poston or un worthy of Miss Basketball but we all know that's what you wanted to say. You let people push your buttons to easy. The only reason I even brought this post back up is because we like gatorbill even though he??™s from Upperman. lol Milan lost the state and Davis won Miss Basketball what else do you have to prove?

I'm not accusing you of being an enemy lol

If me posting that Chantel limited Lashay to 6 points is saying Chantel is superior than you're mistaken. 1 on 1 everyone including Upperman fans know that Lashay is no match for Poston. However, that's not a knock on Lashay it just shows that Chantel can guard players like the Lashay, Rooney from OC, etc...

I do think Chantel should've won Miss Basketball, but like I said it was because she was a senior with great stats like Davis and the kicker for me was Chantel's performance yesterday. 1 game does make a difference when the kids are so close in statistics for that great award. Lashay did deserve it like Chantel and the Hillcrest girl deserved it.

Milan did lose the state because Marshall Co. was superior on this day. Milan missed a lot of chances on putbacks while Marshall County killed us with big 3s and big offensive rebounds. Marshall Co. deserved it with the spanking they put on GC, which I thought would never had happened and also with them beating A-E in the semi-finals.

This thread was long gone until someone posted in it. I didn't revive the thread. Instead, I responded to someone that said my comments were crap when all I did was defend a Milan player and just tell what Milan did to win the game.

1 on 1 everyone including Upperman fans know that Lashay is no match for Poston.

What are you saying with this comment? Are you getting back to the "not athletic" issue again?

I saw the game yesterday, I was sitting pretty close to where gatorbill was. The only thing Poston does better than Davis is JUMP. Like someone else said in this thread, she jumps like a cat.

She is also 0-0 on 3 point shots. But Davis sunk 3 in a row.

if you are going to use the non athletic argument again, we will know what your real issue is.

What are you saying with this comment? Are you getting back to the "not athletic" issue again?

I saw the game yesterday, I was sitting pretty close to where gatorbill was. The only thing Poston does better than Davis is JUMP. Like someone else said in this thread, she jumps like a cat.

She is also 0-0 on 3 point shots. But Davis sunk 3 in a row.

if you are going to use the non athletic argument again, we will know what your real issue is.

Not at all. Lashay is a 3 I think when they call the lineups, but in actuality she's really a PG because the 2 games I've seen she brings the ball up the court and sets up the offense.

Chantel is a rare physical specimen that you don't see everyday in Girls HS Basketball. She is a post player that can play anything from 2-5. It's tough when you have a 5'10 girl that is fast, can jump, and has a good basketball IQ hounding you.

It reminds me of Candace Parker (not comparing Chantel to Candace lol) but how hard is it for other girls on the offensive end to have someone who is a few inches taller than her, can jump high, and is step for step with you the whole time?

It's just a tough matchup for Lashay, but it's a matchup that is a once in a blue moon thing because Chantel is a once in a blue moon player.

This in no way is taking away from Lashay because I would take 5 Lashay's on my team any day. There are matchup problems in basketball, and this is one of them.

BTW.... What schools are Lashay looking at?