Milan and Upperman

GCPioneer

TSSAA.org has Milan winning the rebounding edge 41-20. Regardless, the rebounding was the difference and Milan was better today. Congrats to them. Congrats to Upperman as well. They will retun all 5 starters next year, so they have to be in the running to return next year to the boro. Bees, you had a great season.

True the rebounding was a huge difference Poston did not have a high % of made shots but when you get 2 and 3 of your own rebounds for another shot you score and you win.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried to work post and another outlet during 2nd half, shots were not falling for post and many others. We also let Milan tempo the game they wanted it slow and it was. When we give defense time to set up while we walk ball down then the shots have to fall. Upperman kept pace untill the T which should not have been given. After that it seemed like the wind was out of the sails for coach and players. This was the same official we had trouble with in first game. This game he was watching Dana early on in the game then after the T he went to oppsite side and continued to give her terrible looks not sure why.

The girls sure gave all the effort you could ask for. Shots just didnt fall. They had the shots available, just couldnt get them down. But they need to keep their heads up, they have a lot to be proud of. Heck, Im proud of them and they are not even MY kids!!! That was one heck of a season, and they grew SO MUCH over the course of it. They grew together, they developed character, they learned to battle back from adversity, and they went much farther this season than what a lot of people thought they would. I know that doesnt help them tonight, but in a few weeks, maybe by next season hahaha, they will feel better about this, and be very proud of what they accomplished.

I dont know what happened with the ref. He sure seemed to be holding a grudge. I hope it wasnt cause I told them to put on their big girl panties and make a call. Or because I told them to take their whistles out of their purses. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

How this fella got to take it to us 2 games in a row is beyond comprehension.

True the rebounding was a huge difference Poston did not have a high % of made shots but when you get 2 and 3 of your own rebounds for another shot you score and you win.

the Poston kid seems like a great player

Anyways, good luck to Milan tomorrow. I truly mean that. Very good team.

ok, I have calmed down, and I am going to say it now:

the Poston kid seems like a great player.

Anyways, good luck to Milan tomorrow. I truly mean that. Very good team.

What attitude was that? The only attitude she had was when she got the ball stolen from her before the 2nd half then threw a lazy pass for a TO on the inbounds. Besides that, what are you talking about?

Also, Upperman didn't get the shots they wanted. You're sugar coating the fact that Upperman was manhandled defensively by a good defensive team. There's no shame in that. Upperman got open looks from players that Coach Volbert told his players to back off of and let shoot. I call that good coaching that he wants those players to take and miss open shots because obviously he knows some of them aren't confident. At one point there was an Upperman girl in the corner a couple of feet inside the 3 point line and looked over to the bench as to seek permission to shoot an open shot because Coach V told Hamn to back off her. She shot and missed.... plan worked.

As I said, Lashay Davis couldn't handle the pressure from Chantel Poston. She got 9 quick points in the first quarter because Coach V wanted to save Poston from potential foul trouble and insert her vs. Davis in the 2-4 qtrs. and had Simpson guarding her. After those 3 threes he quickly put Poston on her, and she had 6 points (should've been 3 if the refs don't call two phantom fouls on Poston during Davis's drives resulting in 3 out of 4 FTs).

I highly doubt that the official mistaked an order barked at a player for one barked at him. I mean when you say something like "Box Out" or some other basketball term, a ref has to know that's not aimed towards him. It may have been, but it's extremely doubtful that he can mistake basketball lingo for criticism.

Shaniqua Gray is a human video game because she makes moves that are suppose to be impossible for a girl to make. Chantel was amazing as well and nailed everything. I'm not sure about the stats, but I think the person that said Chantel missed a lot is mistaken.

Looking good for Milan....Gray is out hustling the whole Upperman team. Poston is still wet.

Gray is an outstanding player but she did not out hustle the whole Upperman team. For those people that posted before about ???Upperman doesn??™t having enough athleticism to run with Milan??? & that we were ???slow white girls???, I beg to differ with you. Milan jumped out to an early lead but Lashay brought it back within two points with back-to-back 3??™s. Upperman held their own until the 4th & it was like we run out of gas. You have to give Upperman credit cause they were sticking right with Milan till the last quarter. Hands down rebounds were the difference in this game. We would pull within a few??¦then Milan just out played us at the end. Upperman has a lot to be proud of, two final fours in a row. Upperman will be back with the same 5 starters plus Hailey will be back next year.

Megan Watson, you will be missed next year!

Congrats to Milan on a good game. Poston & Gray are two class act seniors. Poston has the best jump shot I have ever witnessed from a girl & she jumps like a cat. Good Luck tomorrow.

Gray is an outstanding player but she did not out hustle the whole Upperman team. For those people that posted before about ???Upperman doesn??™t having enough athleticism to run with Milan??? & that we were ???slow white girls???, I beg to differ with you. Milan jumped out to an early lead but Lashay brought it back within two points with back-to-back 3??™s. Upperman held their own until the 4th & it was like we run out of gas. You have to give Upperman credit cause they were sticking right with Milan till the last quarter. Hands down rebounds were the difference in this game. We would pull within a few??¦then Milan just out played us at the end. Upperman has a lot to be proud of, two final fours in a row. Upperman will be back with the same 5 starters plus Hailey will be back next year.

Megan Watson, you will be missed next year!

Congrats to Milan on a good game. Poston & Gray are two class act seniors. Poston has the best jump shot I have ever witnessed from a girl & she jumps like a cat. Good Luck tomorrow.

I disagree that Gray didn't outhustle Upperman. When one player slashes through 3 players, and those players are just left in awe.... that is outhustle or a woman playing amongst girls.

Also, that first half ended with good fortune for Upperman. Chantel made a stupid mistake and got upset and made another stupid mistake that led to a basket for Upperman and a TO.

Milan was consistently up 10 throughout the game, and yes Milan did show they had more athleticism. It was not an up and down game that some people perceive that Milan is good at. Milan beat them in the half court game and still showed their superior athleticism in a half court game.

What attitude was that? The only attitude she had was when she got the ball stolen from her before the 2nd half then threw a lazy pass for a TO on the inbounds. Besides that, what are you talking about?

Also, Upperman didn't get the shots they wanted. You're sugar coating the fact that Upperman was manhandled defensively by a good defensive team. There's no shame in that. Upperman got open looks from players that Coach Volbert told his players to back off of and let shoot. I call that good coaching that he wants those players to take and miss open shots because obviously he knows some of them aren't confident. At one point there was an Upperman girl in the corner a couple of feet inside the 3 point line and looked over to the bench as to seek permission to shoot an open shot because Coach V told Hamn to back off her. She shot and missed.... plan worked.

As I said, Lashay Davis couldn't handle the pressure from Chantel Poston. She got 9 quick points in the first quarter because Coach V wanted to save Poston from potential foul trouble and insert her vs. Davis in the 2-4 qtrs. and had Simpson guarding her. After those 3 threes he quickly put Poston on her, and she had 6 points (should've been 3 if the refs don't call two phantom fouls on Poston during Davis's drives resulting in 3 out of 4 FTs).

I highly doubt that the official mistaked an order barked at a player for one barked at him. I mean when you say something like "Box Out" or some other basketball term, a ref has to know that's not aimed towards him. It may have been, but it's extremely doubtful that he can mistake basketball lingo for criticism.

Shaniqua Gray is a human video game because she makes moves that are suppose to be impossible for a girl to make. Chantel was amazing as well and nailed everything. I'm not sure about the stats, but I think the person that said Chantel missed a lot is mistaken.

As far as attitudes on the court that doesn't bother me, that is part of ball. I'm not taking anything from your girls & I don't expect you to take anything from ours. They hung with Milan longer than anyone ever expected. Say what you will about strategy but they were expecting Lashay to drive to the goal every time. They left her open & that's why she scores 9 quick points. That alone should prove to you that she is a triple threat with her outside shooting added with her drives & her D. To listen to some people talk about shutting Lashay down or girls "Coach Volbert told his players to back off of and let shoot"...that makes me want to throw up. If they were left open for a reason why were some of your girls hitting our screens hard trying to get to the girls"Coach Volbert told his players to back off of and let shoot" Some call holding a girl to 15 "shutting her down" that is the craziest stuff I have ever read. Don't try to take away from the girls play because a fan rubbed you the wrong way. Take your Good game that Upperman is giving you & don??™t take away from the girls.

As far as attitudes on the court that doesn't bother me, that is part of ball. I'm not taking anything from your girls & I don't expect you to take anything from ours. They hung with Milan longer than anyone ever expected. Say what you will about strategy but they were expecting Lashay to drive to the goal every time. They left her open & that's why she scores 9 quick points. That alone should prove to you that she is a triple threat with her outside shooting added with her drives & her D. To listen to some people talk about shutting Lashay down or girls "Coach Volbert told his players to back off of and let shoot"...that makes me want to throw up. If they were left open for a reason why were some of your girls hitting our screens hard trying to get to the girls"Coach Volbert told his players to back off of and let shoot" Some call holding a girl to 15 "shutting her down" that is the craziest stuff I have ever read. Don't try to take away from the girls play because a fan rubbed you the wrong way. Take your Good game that Upperman is giving you & don??™t take away from the girls.

No one said that Coach V told his players to back off Lashay and let her shoot; I said Coach V backed his players off the other girls.

The strategy was to shut down all aspects of Davis's game, and outside of 3 quick 3s against a girl that shouldn't have been guarding her in the first place in Simpson, Chantel shut her down for 6 points in the final 26-27 minutes.

I'm not taking anything away from your girls, but I think that it shows if you have someone causing havoc like a Poston vs. Davis then the role players are not yet mature enough to step up.

I disagree that Gray didn't outhustle Upperman. When one player slashes through 3 players, and those players are just left in awe.... that is outhustle or a woman playing amongst girls.

Also, that first half ended with good fortune for Upperman. Chantel made a stupid mistake and got upset and made another stupid mistake that led to a basket for Upperman and a TO.

Milan was consistently up 10 throughout the game, and yes Milan did show they had more athleticism. It was not an up and down game that some people perceive that Milan is good at. Milan beat them in the half court game and still showed their superior athleticism in a half court game.

I do remember that play & Gray made a good break for the goal & caught 3 girls jogging back. Very good play put how do you get she out hustled the whole team? Well I guess it would be fair to say when Upperman stole the ball and Lashay went in for the lay up & your girl had to foul because she couldn??™t catch her??¦would you say that Lashay out hustled your whole team? When a team is consistently up by ten & the other team comes back within 1 & 2 three or four times...that is an up & down game. Milan lead the whole game but it wasn't a blow out all 4 quarters. Both teams had big runs but it come down to Milan out playing us. Big factor was that Poston rebounds the ball like no other girl I have ever seen. I'm sure if you asked your coach he was worried about some of the runs we were making.It is what it is. Don't put us down to make your team look so superior. You have a good team that is well coached..take the compliment & let it go.

you see i have to agree with the 7AA posters in here

they have realized that 13AA is the power now in AA girls basketball by their statements "nobody thought we could hang with Milan but we did"

i like the sound of that ... they are saying "we hung with them" when they get beat by 20

we have been saying that 13AA is better and they finally are realizing it

and it ain't gonna get any better, because 13AA has the best sophomore class in the state ... 12+ college players in that grade alone

(oh by the way Milan was 3rd in 13AA regular season district ... you need to thank them for knocking out the 13AA #1 seed Obion who beat Marshall County earlier this year by about 20 points ... so now you can have a decent final instead of a blowout)