Boys State Tournament Draw

matt610

My Predictions:

Toss up

LA

Mitchell

Bolivar Central

I am disappointed that Dyer Co and CPA drew each other first... My opinion they are the two best in AA... I wish it would have happened like A did and put them on opposite ends. But it happens.

No disrespect intended at all for CPA, their players, coaches and fans, but if CPA is one of the best teams in this tournament, I like LA's chances in general. The LA/CPA game was LA's first of the season. This junior laden squad has gotten better and their 21 victories in a row proves as much. Of course, the only thing that matters at this point is beating Fulton.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect intended at all for CPA, their players, coaches and fans, but if CPA is one of the best teams in this tournament, I like LA's chances in general. The LA/CPA game was LA's first of the season. This junior laden squad has gotten better and their 21 victories in a row proves as much. Of course, the only thing that matters at this point is beating Fulton.

You should take that as a compliment. I stand by it CPA has the most complete offense, guard play, all the way down to that big defensive lineman post that has that finesse game as well. Depends on if Dyer Co. has seen somebody like him before which I doubt they have. People have gotten Z in foul trouble before, but it hasnt worked all that well. We shall see. I have seen LA by the way.

Well, well...DC/CPA...2 Mr. Basketball finalists.....better get ready for a sea of orange...we travel LARGE. Fast and furious!!!!!!! GO CHOCTAWS!!!!!!!!!

This will be a nice atmosphere. CPA, a very small 2A school, probably travels better than any school its size in the state. Many times our road crowds outnumber the home crowd. We will be missing about 100 middle school kids and teachers who are returning from their spring trip to Washington, but we will still bring at least 1,000.

Best of luck to DC. This is what it's all about.

Check their schedule/results on this site. It has everything you are looking for. Is the roster correct for Red Bank when it says they don't have a player on their team taller than 6'5"??

yes, the roster is correct. but red bank does have some pretty good athletes who can jump and defend well in the post. they also create some offensive mismatches with their athletic post players.

Unless Z Mason has his worst game of his junior year against Dyer County he will impress you. He is one of those guys that on paper looks like another player. 6'6 post. But I swear the first three times I saw him play I thought he was 6'8. He plays about 2 or 3 inches taller than he is, and is ver strong like I have said before. He is very impressive, and if Justin Blake doesnt win Mr. Basketball Z Mason will IMO.

im not saying that the Z guy isnt good, he must be amazing to be a junior and a candidate for mr basketball, and im not saying we wont be impressed by a guy of his height. but dyer countys posts, although they are small(dejuan & jeremy are 6'2", thomas is 6'3", and if rodeo gets in, he is 6'6")

these guys will fight for the rebounds. dejuan and jeremy are amazing, and jeremy has shown more heart in some of these games than i have ever seen.

my friend beavo5 said in another forum: "What matters...is not the size of the dog in the fight, but of the fight in the dog" a much wiser man said this!!"-Bear Bryant. that is truly what it comes down to this time of year. who wants it more.

if DC wins, justin has mr basketball, if CPA wins Z has it. plain and simple.

this is survival of the fittest.

im not saying that the Z guy isnt good, he must be amazing to be a junior and a candidate for mr basketball, and im not saying we wont be impressed by a guy of his height. but dyer countys posts, although they are small(dejuan & jeremy are 6'2", thomas is 6'3", and if rodeo gets in, he is 6'6")

these guys will fight for the rebounds. dejuan and jeremy are amazing, and jeremy has shown more heart in some of these games than i have ever seen.

my friend beavo5 said in another forum: "What matters...is not the size of the dog in the fight, but of the fight in the dog" a much wiser man said this!!"-Bear Bryant. that is truly what it comes down to this time of year. who wants it more.

if DC wins, justin has mr basketball, if CPA wins Z has it. plain and simple.

this is survival of the fittest.

WoW... i'm getting quoted by everyone on here /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> i'm kidding Brutalchoctaw but you got it exactly right it does come down to who wants it more and DC has wanted it since last year's lost at state against Liberty and it gets more and more intense as it comes close! GO CHOCTAWS!!!!