refs at the state tournament

americandream

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"For example, the 2 Pate fouls within 15 seconds of the game opening totally gave Marshall Co. the momentum to take that game and run."-

tell them to stop fouling and it wouldn't be 26-3 on the counts

How long did it take you to come up with that statement?????... We are a very aggressive team... but for the fouls to be that different... there has to be something wrong....I spoke to one of our post players and she said that everytime she went up to shoot... she was hacked... and didn't get the call... she was not complaining... but said that it should have been called the same on the other end of the court.... The bottom line is Gibson County was not able to get in their rythm... and we played right in to Marshall County's hands...

Look for Gibson county to be back in the "Boro" next year...

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Neither of us can change anything - The only thing I do think is that the 1st 2 fouls were crazy and that did take the heart out of the Gibson Team, as far as McMinn, they had 15 offensive rebounds, but what did they do with them? Nothing. Reading the Tennesean, I noticed that the McMinn coach admitted that.

McMinn does return everyone but don't forget that Marshall returns the State MVP, the X Factor, great Defense and an awesome inside game. Who knows what will happen at the next State Tournament, we have to get through the Regular Season. Region and Sub-State before anyone can even think about the State. 8 teams will return to the State, whether or not Marshall makes it back depends on the heart and will of the team. For now, I think that the girls are content to enjoy the results of all the hard work that they put in and they are excited to be ordering Championship Rings, Jackets, enjoying the banner and polishing the Gold Ball. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

"For example, the 2 Pate fouls within 15 seconds of the game opening totally gave Marshall Co. the momentum to take that game and run."-

tell them to stop fouling and it wouldn't be 26-3 on the counts

Oh good grief! If they really were fouling, then we could talk about telling them to stop. The point of that whole story was that SHE WASN'T FOULING!!!! I wasn't sure that I could have been very much clearer in my statement!!!!

That was REALLY stupid. NOBODY has once said on this thread that the refs took the game away. As a matter of fact, I even noted that we would have probably lost to Marshall anyway because they were shooting us out of the gym. If you have nothing remotely related to the topic at hand, don't waste your time-- nobody cares to read that bs.

Ok. I'm a McMinn Central fan. And what happened in the Marshall game was shocking. After the game, we all just left with a numb feeling. I mean, our girls had a good season, and played well. They have nothing to hang their heads about, but it still doesn't take the sting from this one game. But if someone is going to review any of the games, it should be the Clarkrange vs Bedford game. THAT had to be the worst called game that I have ever seen. It was in that game that I watched a girl drive the lane make contact with a defender and take a shot. Whistles blew, and two refs immediately stepped in to call the fouls. One ref called a block, the other ref called a charge. So all three refs huddled up, which is NEVER a good sign, and the resulting call was a double foul called on both the offensive and defensive player. A charge on the offensive player and a block on the defensive player. I was just there to enjoy a game, and ended up cheering for Clarkrange cause they were getting HOSED on about every call. They did manage to win, but they had to beat 8 people to get the win. The sad part is that I don't see it getting any better. I used to ref, and stopped when my kids started to play so that I could watch them, with plans to return once my kids graduated. But now... I'd hate to work with some of the idiots that find themselves on the highschool varsity floor.

Ok. I'm a McMinn Central fan. And what happened in the Marshall game was shocking. After the game, we all just left with a numb feeling. I mean, our girls had a good season, and played well. They have nothing to hang their heads about, but it still doesn't take the sting from this one game. But if someone is going to review any of the games, it should be the Clarkrange vs Bedford game. THAT had to be the worst called game that I have ever seen. It was in that game that I watched a girl drive the lane make contact with a defender and take a shot. Whistles blew, and two refs immediately stepped in to call the fouls. One ref called a block, the other ref called a charge. So all three refs huddled up, which is NEVER a good sign, and the resulting call was a double foul called on both the offensive and defensive player. A charge on the offensive player and a block on the defensive player. I was just there to enjoy a game, and ended up cheering for Clarkrange cause they were getting HOSED on about every call. They did manage to win, but they had to beat 8 people to get the win. The sad part is that I don't see it getting any better. I used to ref, and stopped when my kids started to play so that I could watch them, with plans to return once my kids graduated. But now... I'd hate to work with some of the idiots that find themselves on the highschool varsity floor.

For documented facts of the lop sided foul count in the McMinn Central vs. Marshall Co. game go to tnsportpix.com. There are a couple of hundred pictures there of Central fouling Marshall and Marshall fouling Central. I have not completely counted them as of yet but so far it should have been pretty even on the foul count. The good thing about these pictures is in most, you can see the Ref looking on in the background. This would be another good resource for the TSSAA.