Temple vs. Union City 1st Game of 2008 State Tournament!

TempleTrue

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your statement is a logical fallacy- and proves how stupid you are...I want you to list the starting 5 players for everyone of temple's state championship teams...(in the last 6 years by the way....)if you want to go 1 or 2 deep in the bench- go ahead...I can do it...but I'll let you try first...and then tell me that temple recruits... and if they do and it is so obvious to YOU- than indirectly you think EVERYONE who works for the TSSAA is mentally retarded because they can't see what you do...just so you know public schools recruit just as much as anyone..they just convince families to move...

after 2 or 3 gold balls, and you want a cheap private education, and you play basketball why would you NOT go to temple if you have the choice....you should also take into consideration- when the coaching changes were made, that make it almost impossible for temple to be recruiting...

I don't think we are stupid, when the director of TSSAA says you can do it. Don't take too much offense to the word "recruit", but if you don't think the coaches at the private/public "christian" schools don't do it, then you are either very naive or uneducated. Generally as well, the coaches leaving the system at the private christian schools normally assist in the picking of their replacements, unlike the public model. Temple is a good basketball team based on the 2 performances that I have watched, but they don't have the bench to go with either UC or Manasas. Good season though, congrats on winning your area.

Well, Well, Well......I think I slipped in on the "Temple" post last week stating some things. Well, look like we're going to get to meet after all.

Folks, all you "East" Tennessee teams have not seen a team like Union city and go ahead and "try" your "Slow The Game Down" style on us.

We will make a very up tempo type game. If you have the players to run we invite you to do so, if not, then we guess your team will be watching just like your fans will be from the bleachers.

Union City, like I have stated before runs at least 10 deep as starters and can run at least 12 deep.

Most if not all of our ( 12 ) guys can state with any A, AA, or AAA team in the state.

We will see come Wednesday morning. Bring your oxygen tanker trucks to the game because your team, your fans and anyone else watching the game will need more.

Good luck.....Union city will br runnin when our team come off the bus.

good luck to everyone in the tournament.

it'll be interesting.

i wish temple could win to represent chattanooga but i just dont think they can get it done.

sexton is a great ball player but i dont think he has what i takes to beat UC.

I expect about 32 from sexton but i think they will lose.

TempleTrue...The answer to your what decade question is on my signature...Not hard to find the answer...

I am going to say this right out of the gate....I don't care what Temple does or doesn't do with recruiting or not recruiting..Their football program got in trouble by the T.$.$.A.A. this past season and their basketball program wasn't involved or at least wasn't charged with anything....None of that matters to me...

I have seen Temple in the past..I watched them last season win a title....I saw them beat a very talented team in Humboldt...They played hard,played together & were well coached...They will be a challenge..I also know they lost at least 7 seniors off of last season's squad(Mouw,Larson,Smith,Skogen,Brown,Newson & Greene)..Their best returning player was Jeremy Sexton..I don't know who,if any,new players to the program were brought in....

As far as public schools recruiting??...Yes,they do...If people say they don't then they are very,very naive..But I'll tell you this about the Union City program....The main guys you will see next week,the first 10 in the rotation(all will play,they don't have to be up big to be in the game)all only had to cross the street from the middle school to the high school to play ball..They didn't come from out-of-state or country to play at UC....We don't have that luxury...

Now since some don't care about the history or tradition of a program,I'll just go last three years..That's all UC has been in 1A so nothing else matters...Here ya go....

In the three years UC has been in 1A they are 72-5 against 1A competition....

The first year in 1A they won a State Championship....

They were ranked #1 in every AP Poll their second year....

They were ranked #1 in every AP Poll this season.....

Three years in 1A with 1 State Title and this is their second appearance....

They have won at least 30 games in each of their three years in 1A...Fourth in a row overall

They have been to the State Tournament 17 previous times...

Coming in to this tournament they are 22-14 in those games...3-0 in 1A....

Folks, all you "East" Tennessee teams have not seen a team like Union city and go ahead and "try" your "Slow The Game Down" style on us.

We will make a very up tempo type game. If you have the players to run we invite you to do so, if not, then we guess your team will be watching just like your fans will be from the bleachers.

Union City, like I have stated before runs at least 10 deep as starters and can run at least 12 deep.

Most if not all of our ( 12 ) guys can state with any A, AA, or AAA team in the state.

We will see come Wednesday morning. Bring your oxygen tanker trucks to the game because your team, your fans and anyone else watching the game will need more.

Good luck.....Union city will br runnin when our team come off the bus.

This post is eerily similar to the posts we heard from Chattanooga School of Arts and Sciences fans all year long. And they would probably still be talking the same smack if they weren't home licking their wounds after getting beat down in the post-season.

Keep on talking UC fans! Your time is coming.

TempleTrue...The answer to your what decade question is on my signature...Not hard to find the answer...

I am going to say this right out of the gate....I don't care what Temple does or doesn't do with recruiting or not recruiting..Their football program got in trouble by the T.$.$.A.A. this past season and their basketball program wasn't involved or at least wasn't charged with anything....None of that matters to me...

I have seen Temple in the past..I watched them last season win a title....I saw them beat a very talented team in Humboldt...They played hard,played together & were well coached...They will be a challenge..I also know they lost at least 7 seniors off of last season's squad(Mouw,Larson,Smith,Skogen,Brown,Newson & Greene)..Their best returning player was Jeremy Sexton..I don't know who,if any,new players to the program were brought in....

As far as public schools recruiting??...Yes,they do...If people say they don't then they are very,very naive..But I'll tell you this about the Union City program....The main guys you will see next week,the first 10 in the rotation(all will play,they don't have to be up big to be in the game)all only had to cross the street from the middle school to the high school to play ball..They didn't come from out-of-state or country to play at UC....We don't have that luxury...

Now since some don't care about the history or tradition of a program,I'll just go last three years..That's all UC has been in 1A so nothing else matters...Here ya go....

They have won at least 30 games in each of their three years in 1A...Fourth in a row overall

Explain your "Don't talk about..Be about it" signature, and how it doesn't apply to you.

This post is eerily similar to the posts we heard from Chattanooga School of Arts and Sciences fans all year long. And they would probably still be talking the same smack if they weren't home licking their wounds after getting beat down in the post-season.

Keep on talking UC fans! Your time is coming.

First of all....we are "NO" Chattanooga School of Arts & Sciences.

We are Union City, we are #1, we are "Undefeated" and most of all, you have not seen a team like Union city all year. I can promise you that. Our kids are well coached, they has so much class about them, they represent our town and community well.

Our style of Basketball is like no other. We have "The Best Coaches" in the state on our bench bar none.

Come 10:30 am nWednesday morning, March12th, you will see something that you have not seen this year, last year or any other time, a team on a mission....to win a Gold basketball, to go undefeated and to show all of the rest of Tennessee that union City "IS" the Real Deal.

Good Day!!

All private schools recruit....That is why a large amount of their students are not from that area. Call it what you want, but when you go out and get players from other schools it is called recruiting....Doesn't matter....They will still loose by at least 20...UC and Manasses will play for the gold ball...

So you are saying that the TSSAA allows recruiting. But only private schools. Does the TSSAA allow public schools to recruit?

I actually appreciate your post- you make good points good comments, and are not so ridiculously biased that it affects the truth and the facts....

The only thing I will ask is how many kids 9-12 go to school at UC???- If the multiplier gets thrown out...where will ya'll end up???

Temple has around 120..maybe less...

To be honest...this year aside...the kids who have played and won at temple have been there since 1st 2nd maybe 8th or 9th grade...but that is it...

You also appear smart enough to understand that AP rankings mean absolutely nothing...a lot of press are impressed with them....that does not matter at all...THE ONLY YEAR Temple was ranked #1 all year we got beat 1st round of state....I don't like that ap ranking....basketball is not the BCS....

If UC wins it this year I will give them all the respect they deserve for that accomplishment...

TempleTrue...Approx 370 9-12

In 2006 when we won our last tournament we were unranked all year...Last year ranked #1 all year and knocked out in region semis...So,they are just good for recognition statewide....

I am rediculously biased..And it's early... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ..I'm trying to be good....

Temple has proven to be a program that deserves respect...