Region 3 1A?

bigdog64

If we can excute it right......that will be the challenge

I expect Josh to get some good offers. He is about as elusive a player as any I have seen. What was his 40 time?

His 40 time was 4.52, they told him that the surface there in Columbus was a slow surface and that they thought he would be some where in the 4.47 range.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silverdale will not be fourth. this is how it will shape up.

1. Silverdale- We lost a lot, but our JV was good and we have coach Allen. We should have one the region last year, but we had a few injuries.

2. South Pitt- They lost a lot but still return some good players. They will be tough to beat.

3. Lookout Valley- They lost a lot of players but they have some good kids coming up in their JV program.

4. Whitwell- They were young last year but played hard. They will be much improved.

5. Grace- They might be ahead of Whitwell, but we will see. Grace returns some key players, but we killed them last year so they can't be very good. I know we lost the game, but when our QB was healthy they couldn't stop us. We had that game stolen from us.

6. Temple- They will have some new recruits to compliment there young players this year.

7. Copper Basin- Tough year, but they will rebound.

8. David Brainerd- They had a decent year against weak teams, but they will lose to much from last year.

I'm all about being supportive of your program, but to say you killed Grace is kind of funny. You were ahead first half, but you were only able to stop their offense for so long. Second half Grace jumped on ya'll and put a pounding on you. The score would have been worse, 48-28, but ya'll scored at the very end making it 48-35. It Yes, your QB got hurt who was a good QB, but that wouldn't have beat Grace. You don't lose a game and say "we killed them" when Grace won by a respectable margin.

As far as this year...ya'll lost some big talent...QB, TB/DB, FB/LB and I'm guessing some more...those were just the big losses I know about. Grace lost a good WR, a LB and and their biggest lineman. They have a more experienced QB, TB along with a couple other guys that have proven they can run, their top WR, and a line that is more experienced and getting bigger...not SP big though;). I didn't even mention the young guys that are coming up from the 8th grade team that dominated last year...or some new guys that are at the school. We beat ya'll with pretty much the same team we will have this year and you are saying that SD will be #1 after losing a big chunk? That's even a slap in the face to the State Champs SP! Ya'll have a great coach who will help, but I don't think you are beating Grace...haven't yet.

With that, looking forward to it and best of luck to all the R 3 teams in preparation...hope ya'll stay healthy!

I'm all about being supportive of your program, but to say you killed Grace is kind of funny. You were ahead first half, but you were only able to stop their offense for so long. Second half Grace jumped on ya'll and put a pounding on you. The score would have been worse but ya'll scored at the very end. Yes, your QB got hurt who was a good QB, but that wouldn't have beat Grace. You don't lose a game and say "we killed them" when Grace won by a respectable margin.

As far as this year...ya'll lost some big talent...QB, TB/DB, FB/LB and I'm guessing some more...those were just the big losses I know about. Grace lost a good WR, a LB and and their biggest lineman. They have a more experienced QB, TB along with a couple other guys that have proven they can run, their top WR, and a line that is more experienced and getting bigger...not SP big though;). I didn't even mention the young guys that are coming up from the 8th grade team that dominated last year...or some new guys that are at the school. We beat ya'll with pretty much the same team we will have this year and you are saying that SD will be #1 after losing a big chunk? That's even a slap in the face to the State Champs SP! Ya'll have a great coach who will help, but I don't think you are beating Grace...haven't yet.

With that, looking forward to it and best of luck to all the R 3 teams in preparation...hope ya'll stay healthy!

My thoughts exactly. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Temple may go undefeated next year! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No they won't. Every team that can't find a new game gets a forfeit win from Temple so even when they don't play a game they will still lose.

I still stand by my thoughts Irootforvols about the Silverdale/Grace game. Silverdale is a much better team last year and this year.

No they won't. Every team that can't find a new game gets a forfeit win from Temple so even when they don't play a game they will still lose.

I still stand by my thoughts Irootforvols about the Silverdale/Grace game. Silverdale is a much better team last year and this year.

One thing I've noticed about Silverdale is they play with a ton of heart and play hard. Although I don't mind people saying they are better cuz it's fun proving everyone wrong each year, I still don't see how they have a better team this year than last year. Unless there are some more transfers we don't know about, you not only lost solid athletes, you lost solid leadership in your QB, FB/LB, and TB/DB. I admire the confidence you have in them football time, but Grace has most their skilled athletes back with addition to some skilled athletes...I predict the same thing from last year, ya'll can't stop Grace's QB for 4 quarters...you read the post, he is a solid 4.5/ possible 4.4 40 yd. dash. So not only do you need to contain him, you have the same RB, a couple other guys that may get carries, plus the same #1 WR for Grace with addition to a couple new guys that can help with that spread offense. Your D is designed to stop run O like ya'll did with LV last year...and my hats are still off to ya'll even though you lost. But you don't have enough to hold off the spread O with the multiple skilled athletes that will be running it for Grace. I look forward to seeing why you think they will be better cuz I just don't see it.

One thing I've noticed about Silverdale is they play with a ton of heart and play hard. Although I don't mind people saying they are better cuz it's fun proving everyone wrong each year, I still don't see how they have a better team this year than last year. Unless there are some more transfers we don't know about, you not only lost solid athletes, you lost solid leadership in your QB, FB/LB, and TB/DB. I admire the confidence you have in them football time, but Grace has most their skilled athletes back with addition to some skilled athletes...I predict the same thing from last year, ya'll can't stop Grace's QB for 4 quarters...you read the post, he is a solid 4.5/ possible 4.4 40 yd. dash. So not only do you need to contain him, you have the same RB, a couple other guys that may get carries, plus the same #1 WR for Grace with addition to a couple new guys that can help with that spread offense. Your D is designed to stop run O like ya'll did with LV last year...and my hats are still off to ya'll even though you lost. But you don't have enough to hold off the spread O with the multiple skilled athletes that will be running it for Grace. I look forward to seeing why you think they will be better cuz I just don't see it.

I did not say we are better this year. What I said was we were better than Grace last year and we are better than them this year. We will see if we are better than last year. We did lose a few good players, but we are loaded coming up. The other thing you must remember is that as long as Coach Allen is on the sidelines then Silverdale will continue to be good. Coach Allen always finds athletes who will come to play. This year will be no different.

Unless the tradition has changed the Pirates don't accept forfeit wins. I know for a fact Don Grider didn't.

I did not say we are better this year. What I said was we were better than Grace last year and we are better than them this year. We will see if we are better than last year. We did lose a few good players, but we are loaded coming up. The other thing you must remember is that as long as Coach Allen is on the sidelines then Silverdale will continue to be good. Coach Allen always finds athletes who will come to play. This year will be no different.

I like the confidence, I really do, but until you beat Grace, you can't say you are better. You've been saying that the past few years... who came up with the "w"? Last year EVERYONE thought you would win. I heard it everywhere I went, and who put up 48 points on ya?

We all need to be praying for Silverdale's Chris Goodine. He has been diagnosed with a very rare form of cancer, and he begins chemotherapy this week. You never want to see anything like this happen to any family, but most of all you hate to see it happen to a child. Chris has a great spirit and knows that God will be faithful through this trial. Please be praying for Chris and his family.

I like the confidence, I really do, but until you beat Grace, you can't say you are better. You've been saying that the past few years... who came up with the "w"? Last year EVERYONE thought you would win. I heard it everywhere I went, and who put up 48 points on ya?