Antioch vs Seigel

Icy

Siegel has gone through alot of phases this year.

3 of their starters are sophomores who had no experience of varsity before this year.

You could see them start to get comfortable and gain confidence as the year went on. They hit their stride perfect when the tournaments started and started playing up to their potential. And when they did, no team has been able to beat them since.

We know Antioch is comparable in talent, it will depend on how Siegel responds early with a young team and how well Antioch is playing

I doubt Siegel can hang if Antioch is playing at their peak. If they are playing average and Siegel plays like they have been, there could be an upset.

Which 3 sophomore starters had no experience at varsity before this year?

Tate...Cookeville

Gooch....Siegel

Hammonds.....Siegel

All 3 of them had some exerience, especially the first two.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On paper, Antioch should run away with this one. But we all know that the game is played on the court. This will be an interesting matchup, not because of the big men, but guard play will decide this game. Cutter and Upton are two tremendous PG's who will try to lead their teams to a win. Whomever commits the least turnovers will put their team in good position to win. Can someone answer this question, does Braxton Terry still play for Siegel? A former Antioch student who played ball with all these guys, might be an interesting reunion.

I've seen both teams so I feel like I can make an intelligent prediction in this game.

I don't think Antioch will just roll Siegel, but I do think that they have better and more importantly, more mature athletes on their team. Wells, Clarke, and McAdoo are just going to be a tough matchup for the Stars. Siegel is a little better overall in the backcourt, even though I believe that Upton will be the best guard on the floor.

That's no offense to Cutter, who is a great player, but Upton is always in control of the flow of the game. The key factor in this game, to me, is on the bench. Remember, Jim Nollner took a lesser Whites Creek team and beat a more talented Chris Harris Siegel team two years ago in this very spot. I think Antioch's length in their matchup zone will be the difference.

Antioch 69

Siegel 57

I think it will take A games from all of Siegels starters to win this game. Which they have been playing A games lately. For instance, Shelbyville was a highly favored team. Siegel shocked them and beat them pretty easily. I know that Antioch is better down low but the Guards of Shelbyville are some of the best you can face. I feel this will be a great game. I hope my boys in the navy and white will pull it off. GO STARS.

I know Antioch has size, but can there bigs run? Siegel has some height and they love to run. I feel if Antiochs bigs get in foul trouble it hurts them more then if Siegels do. Siegel has one true post player in Hughes(Tenn. Football commit). He must attack Mcadoo is Siegel wants to win. Hughes can throw his weight around very well an intimidate many players. I feel him and Mcadoo will battle down low. Tyler Cutter and Kerry Hammonds are the key to a Siegel victory. They gotta bring it. If Siegel can get past antioch I dont see why they can not win the State. LETS GO STARS!!!

I know Antioch has size, but can there bigs run? Siegel has some height and they love to run. I feel if Antiochs bigs get in foul trouble it hurts them more then if Siegels do. Siegel has one true post player in Hughes(Tenn. Football commit). He must attack Mcadoo is Siegel wants to win. Hughes can throw his weight around very well an intimidate many players. I feel him and Mcadoo will battle down low. Tyler Cutter and Kerry Hammonds are the key to a Siegel victory. They gotta bring it. If Siegel can get past antioch I dont see why they can not win the State. LETS GO STARS!!!

Are you serious battle down low with just McAdoo (UNC football commit), what about Wells, Clarke, Okefar and Girty???? He's going to have to throw more than his weight around to intimidate the big men of Antioch who all average around 3 to 4 block shots a game. CAN THE BIG MEN RUN? McAdoo was recruited and rated the No. 35 defensive end in the country by ESPN.com because of his speed. Wells set records in the middle school track competition in 100 yard dash and the high jump. So They running, jumping, blocking, shooting, and dunking!!! Better Lace them up and be ready to play.