Memphis Manassas -VS- Jackson County

Legend

If you get a chance before of after the game come by and say hi would like to meet you. Was Manassas always Class A or have they been larger? For some reason i thought they had been there since 83' i didn't realize that it had been that long. There are always some great teams down there and those of us that know basketball realize that its very hard to get out of that area due to the great competition year in and year out.

Manassas has been a 1A school per enrollment for some time now. To avoid all the traveling you have to do being the only 1A school in Memphis Manassas was playing 2A for years, even when there enrollment was 1A. Manassas has bounced from 1A to 2A over the last 15 years. Manassas has always remained a school with 1A enrollment. Manassas has had good teams but like you say it is much harder to get out of Memphis. From 1994 to about 2004 Manassas was in the same 2A district as now 3A powers Ridgeway and Raleigh Egypt. Everybody no how that turned out Ridgeway a few 2A State Crowns lol!!!!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to be able to dunk a tennis ball. For a 5' 9" "non athletic" kid, that was pretty good.

That is pretty good! I broke my leg in the 7th grade and had to work back up to level I was at before I broke it I was 5'6 or 5'7 and was just able to grab rim! It took time for the strength to come back and by the 11th grade I was able to dunk a basketball! But the main thing is that I'm 6'5 /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> grew up a little bit! Doubt I can still dunk but I could give it a good try!

That is pretty good! I broke my leg in the 7th grade and had to work back up to level I was at before I broke it I was 5'6 or 5'7 and was just able to grab rim! It took time for the strength to come back and by the 11th grade I was able to dunk a basketball! But the main thing is that I'm 6'5 /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> grew up a little bit! Doubt I can still dunk but I could give it a good try!

Through HS I was just another kid that could pitch those net rattling layups. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I could get to about the middle of the net, maybe a bit higher than half.

I moved away to college (UF)the day after HS graduation, and within 2 weeks i was working out with my roomie and his friends every day. His friends just happened to be football players. I busted my tail. We worked out, we joked, we chased skirts, and we worked out some more.

There was about 8 of us that used to play "footsketball", basically basketball with a football. We did it for hand strength, hand eye coordination, and because we were bored and they needed a reason to beat the crap out of me I guess. I seldom got into the paint and mixed it up with these guys, so I am not sure if I could get above the rim at all then. But just a few weeks into fall practice I broke my kneecap (it was broken for me actually), and that was the end of my college walk on experiment.

But two years later, after I rehabbed from 2 knee surgeries, I was playing semi-pro ball back home. (PRACTICING....just practicing really) and that is when I discovered that I had more hops than I knew. I had about a 6 month time in my life where I could actually get up. Then I stepped in a hole on a kick return, and my knee went and had a seat in the bleachers as some big ugly fella was slamming me to the ground. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I can laugh about it now..haha.

I have since torn a hamstring almost completely off the bone ( coed slowpitch softball ) and am dealing with a torn rotator cuff (stinking horses). SO.....nope, nothing but DREAMS and memories for me.

Through HS I was just another kid that could pitch those net rattling layups. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I could get to about the middle of the net, maybe a bit higher than half.

I moved away to college (UF)the day after HS graduation, and within 2 weeks i was working out with my roomie and his friends every day. His friends just happened to be football players. I busted my tail. We worked out, we joked, we chased skirts, and we worked out some more.

There was about 8 of us that used to play "footsketball", basically basketball with a football. We did it for hand strength, hand eye coordination, and because we were bored and they needed a reason to beat the crap out of me I guess. I seldom got into the paint and mixed it up with these guys, so I am not sure if I could get above the rim at all then. But just a few weeks into fall practice I broke my kneecap (it was broken for me actually), and that was the end of my college walk on experiment.

But two years later, after I rehabbed from 2 knee surgeries, I was playing semi-pro ball back home. (PRACTICING....just practicing really) and that is when I discovered that I had more hops than I knew. I had about a 6 month time in my life where I could actually get up. Then I stepped in a hole on a kick return, and my knee went and had a seat in the bleachers as some big ugly fella was slamming me to the ground. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I can laugh about it now..haha.

I have since torn a hamstring almost completely off the bone ( coed slowpitch softball ) and am dealing with a torn rotator cuff (stinking horses). SO.....nope, nothing but DREAMS and memories for me.

Ahhhhh..brings back memories of storytime with gatorbill /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Through HS I was just another kid that could pitch those net rattling layups. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I could get to about the middle of the net, maybe a bit higher than half.I moved away to college (UF)the day after HS graduation, and within 2 weeks i was working out with my roomie and his friends every day. His friends just happened to be football players. I busted my tail. We worked out, we joked, we chased skirts, and we worked out some more. There was about 8 of us that used to play "footsketball", basically basketball with a football. We did it for hand strength, hand eye coordination, and because we were bored and they needed a reason to beat the crap out of me I guess. I seldom got into the paint and mixed it up with these guys, so I am not sure if I could get above the rim at all then. But just a few weeks into fall practice I broke my kneecap (it was broken for me actually), and that was the end of my college walk on experiment.But two years later, after I rehabbed from 2 knee surgeries, I was playing semi-pro ball back home. (PRACTICING....just practicing really) and that is when I discovered that I had more hops than I knew. I had about a 6 month time in my life where I could actually get up. Then I stepped in a hole on a kick return, and my knee went and had a seat in the bleachers as some big ugly fella was slamming me to the ground. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I can laugh about it now..haha.I have since torn a hamstring almost completely off the bone ( coed slowpitch softball ) and am dealing with a torn rotator cuff (stinking horses). SO.....nope, nothing but DREAMS and memories for me.

Jackson co. people listen up!! I'll give you a few tips on how to beat Manassas..And believe me this is easier said than done..It will start on the defensive end of the court for you guys..Mansssas is very big and have some quickness..You will have to put a body on number 23 Buckner and keep him off the offensive glass..When you get in the paint your players will have to fake pump him and get him in foul trouble...He is a sucker for the fake pump..Its hard for him to keep his feet on the floor because he is always looking for the block shot! You will have to defend the 3 point shot..Usually #30 will be shooting the ball from down town..You will have to make the point guard work very hard the whole game..He is #44..Manassas may press JC but im not sure about that..JC better hope they have a point guard that can control the tempo and take care of the basketball because he is gonna get alot of presure..JC will have to make good decisions on their shot selection and crash the offensive boards..JC will have to block out to keep these guys from getting second chances..Like i said that is easier said than done because these guys can play the game..Good luck to both teams and everyone have a safe trip.And by the way R. Buckner is 6'8..Good Luck!

Ahhhhh..brings back memories of storytime with gatorbill /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> The good old days of..........well...a few weeks ago!!!

My, how I miss those days. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I think we need a gatorbill story time fourum. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> He is hilarious. I don't know why he doesn't perform stand up comedy. He would be great. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Jackson co. people listen up!! I'll give you a few tips on how to beat Manassas..And believe me this is easier said than done..It will start on the defensive end of the court for you guys..Mansssas is very big and have some quickness..You will have to put a body on number 23 Buckner and keep him off the offensive glass..When you get in the paint your players will have to fake pump him and get him in foul trouble...He is a sucker for the fake pump..Its hard for him to keep his feet on the floor because he is always looking for the block shot! You will have to defend the 3 point shot..Usually #30 will be shooting the ball from down town..You will have to make the point guard work very hard the whole game..He is #44..Manassas may press JC but im not sure about that..JC better hope they have a point guard that can control the tempo and take care of the basketball because he is gonna get alot of presure..JC will have to make good decisions on their shot selection and crash the offensive boards..JC will have to block out to keep these guys from getting second chances..Like i said that is easier said than done because these guys can play the game..Good luck to both teams and everyone have a safe trip.And by the way R. Buckner is 6'8..Good Luck!

The best thing for Jackson Co to do against Manassas is stay at home and tell them that you dont want to go out their for that butt kicking.LOL.

The best thing for Jackson Co to do against Manassas is stay at home and tell them that you dont want to go out their for that butt kicking.LOL.

If your going to talk smack, you need to know something about grammar.The word your looking for is there. There is a place or you don't want to go there to the'boro for a butt kicking. their is a possessive pronoun. Their coat, their basketball. they're going to give you a run for your money. So, do you understand so far?? I don't have to repeat this for you to understand this right??

You sound more mean if people actually can understand what the crap your saying. You need to take some lessons from legend because you lack the smack.

If your going to talk smack, you need to know something about grammar.The word your looking for is there. There is a place or you don't want to go there to the'boro for a butt kicking. their is a possessive pronoun. Their coat, their basketball. they're going to give you a run for your money. So, do you understand so far?? I don't have to repeat this for you to understand this right??

You sound more mean if people actually can understand what the crap your saying. You need to take some lessons from legend because you lack the smack.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I believe you will know this,Jackson Co is going to get destroyed.C their wat i mean.LOL.

You need to get that info to the UC coach he will need that info to. Unlike you I will be rooting for UC to win because I wont Manassas to be the 1st team to beat them. If teams could do what you are saying to Manassas they would not be in the State Tourney. Humboldt tried to do this and look what it got them 37 to 67 thru the 3rd quarter.