Memphis Manassas -VS- Jackson County

Legend

It actually wasnt THAT big of an upset, especially when you consider that the USSR's all-world goalie was injured in the 1st period of that game. And the game wasn't for the gold medal either. It was a semi-final match-up. The Americans played Sweden the next day for the gold, and had to come from behind to win. It was actually a better game than the one the day before against the USSR.

Thanks for the correction...you really know your hockey...the only thing I remember is the USA beating the Russians...that game is still talked about to this day. I'm just Happy our country won the GOLD /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It actually wasnt THAT big of an upset, especially when you consider that the USSR's all-world goalie was injured in the 1st period of that game. And the game wasn't for the gold medal either. It was a semi-final match-up. The Americans played Sweden the next day for the gold, and had to come from behind to win. It was actually a better game than the one the day before against the USSR.

The Soviets and the Soviet bloc countries pretty much dominated all olympic sports due to the fact kids were hand picked at an early age, coached, developed, and on every steroid on the planet (including the Russian Hockey team)....heck the women looked like men and the men were freaks. Unlike the free countries that put teams and coaching staffs togethere in most case 1 to 2 years before the games and were for the most part clean athletes. I'm not a hockey expert but I know the Eastern Europeans were cheating by using steroids...eveybody knows that...There is one sport the USA dominated though and that was Basketball...since the fall of the Iron Curtain the rest of the world has closed the gap though. Just wanted to let you know I know a little about the Olympic games to.

YALL JUS DONT GET IT DO YA. ITS STATE TOURNAMENT AND ANYTHING GOES AND FROM WHAT I SEEN FROM THESE BOYS IF THEY COME OUT HIT 3'S IT WILL BE ONE HECK OF A GAME.OH BY THE WAY FOR PPL THAT SAID IF WE PLAY D THAT WE WONT GET ANY POINTS.ITS LIKE OUR GIRLS COACH SAID LAST NIGHT "OFFENSE WINS GAMES BUT DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS" AND HE SOULD KNOW CUZ HE HAS WON 5 STATE TITLES

YALL JUS DONT GET IT DO YA. ITS STATE TOURNAMENT AND ANYTHING GOES AND FROM WHAT I SEEN FROM THESE BOYS IF THEY COME OUT HIT 3'S IT WILL BE ONE HECK OF A GAME.OH BY THE WAY FOR PPL THAT SAID IF WE PLAY D THAT WE WONT GET ANY POINTS.ITS LIKE OUR GIRLS COACH SAID LAST NIGHT "OFFENSE WINS GAMES BUT DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS" AND HE SOULD KNOW CUZ HE HAS WON 5 STATE TITLES

Very good question right here: How do you make it to the championships?

Thats right winning games and by what you just said: "offense wins games but defense wins championships" how will defense win championships? cause what is the championship it is a GAME!!! But I do like that quote heard it alot in my sports programs!

Oh yeah I have a quote too! "Live by the 3... Die by the 3"

That is my favorite!

Luck! this aint the Movies. This is real life the facts are the facts. Jackson Co. dont have a chance.

Manassas feel disrespected at all times and will take it out on Jackson Co. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> nuff said

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> CSAS thought the same thing. Hey, JC hasn't anything to loose. Manassas has everything to loose. How tall are you anyway,5 foot 2? You have tall talk. Need some crow receips I have numerous ones. BTW layoff ads. She was just making a comment.

Keep talking smack and think tall gold thoughts. Cause all this will be settled on the court anyway.We didn't make it to the state by blind luck.

Very good question right here: How do you make it to the championships?

Thats right winning games and by what you just said: "offense wins games but defense wins championships" how will defense win championships? cause what is the championship it is a GAME!!! But I do like that quote heard it alot in my sports programs!

Oh yeah I have a quote too! "Live by the 3... Die by the 3"

That is my favorite!

tru there live by 3 and die by 3 but the way ots lookin JC does live by the 3 and manasses could die by it......but it could be a good game....and little info its either going to be a barn burner in the boro or a blow out hopefully we wont see to many dunks /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> CSAS thought the same thing. Hey, JC hasn't anything to loose. Manassas has everything to loose. How tall are you anyway,5 foot 2? You have tall talk. Need some crow receips I have numerous ones. BTW layoff ads. She was just making a comment.

Keep talking smack and think tall gold thoughts. Cause all this will be settled on the court anyway.We didn't make it to the state by blind luck.

you dont get it the water boys at manassaa are taller than 5'2"

I wont even say more about that you will be shocked.

I do no your tallest guy is only 6'3 but more like 6'2"

Well I have to say Manassas has the advantage, but supposedly Pickett Co., Westmoreland, and CSAS had the advantage also, but we all know how those games turned out. I mean Manassas could blow us out, but I'm just saying the last three teams we've played underestimated us because of our 18-16 record, so keep underestimating us, we like it that way. Good luck JC on wed. and I will be there cheering ya'll on, and even if JC don't win the boys have nothing to be ashamed of because they was not even supposed to make it out of regionals.

you dont get it the water boys at manassaa are taller than 5'2"

I wont even say more about that you will be shocked.

I do no your tallest guy is only 6'3 but more like 6'2"

Legend, I was asking if you are 5 foot 2 cause you sure talk tall. I know the manassa young men are taller than that.

I think you might be the one in shock. Cause our guys are glad to be in the dance and we have nothing to loose like manassa does. Its great being an underdog or even overlooked. No pressure no expectations. BTW WHOSE GOT IT GOING ON?DEVILS GOT IT GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legend, I was asking if you are 5 foot 2 cause you sure talk tall. I know the manassa young men are taller than that.

I think you might be the one in shock. Cause our guys are glad to be in the dance and we have nothing to loose like manassa does. Its great being an underdog or even overlooked. No pressure no expectations. BTW WHOSE GOT IT GOING ON?DEVILS GOT IT GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE DEVILS WILL ALSO HAVE IT GOING HOME. LOL!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

THE DEVILS WILL ALSO HAVE IT GOING HOME. LOL!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Legend, how does it feel to be a 42 year old loser? 42 years old looks like you would have a life but no you like belittling and making fun of 14-18 year old boys. What a pathetic person you are??nuff said