Chattanooga Coaches Top 10 Poll Released

chattasoccer

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chattasoccer you are right we did control the game....our touch was alittle off. I think the passing was off due to playing on a smaller field. But that is something we need to adjust to quicker. All in all I will take a shutout victory any day....need to work on finishing for sure. We held out 2 of our forwards again letting them get over injuries for upcoming region games.

Baylor 2

Hixson 0

Baylor controlled the game and had shot after shot. Again just had trouble finishing. Typical defensive game though with the Red Raiders having another shut out. Have now allowed 1 goal in 7 games.

Baylor 2

Hixson 0

Baylor controlled the game and had shot after shot. Again just had trouble finishing. Typical defensive game though with the Red Raiders having another shut out. Have now allowed 1 goal in 7 games.

I thought that Hixson had a great game. And I really didnt think that Baylor controlled the game. And I really dont think that Hixson has that small of a field. Good Game Wildcats!!!! Keep up the great work.

I was not at that game but have been to games at Hixson (Red Bank) and the field is small....not near regulation size. But most public schools aren't...ours isn't. Just the way it is.

I thought that Hixson had a great game. And I really didnt think that Baylor controlled the game. And I really dont think that Hixson has that small of a field. Good Game Wildcats!!!! Keep up the great work.

Baylor played a sloppy game for sure but the result is what counts. Another shutout. Hopefully we will have everyone healthy and ready to play upcoming region games. Good game Hixson and good luck with your upcoming games.

I was not at that game but have been to games at Hixson (Red Bank) and the field is small....not near regulation size. But most public schools aren't...ours isn't. Just the way it is.

Chattasoccer you are right we did control the game....our touch was alittle off. I think the passing was off due to playing on a smaller field. But that is something we need to adjust to quicker. All in all I will take a shutout victory any day....need to work on finishing for sure. We held out 2 of our forwards again letting them get over injuries for upcoming region games.

Did Hixson give you trouble in any areas? Just curious because CCS has them tomorrow night. Who didn't play?

You have a very good team and it is important to be well rested for the district and regional games.

Hixson was very aggressive and they fought hard. Have some good athletes....so I do not want to take anything away from them. We (Baylor) were our worst enemy. Just played a very sloppy game, our touches and passes were off....and again just did not finish some good scoring opportunities. Coach Weekly was not at the game but would not think he would have been real pleased. But a win is a win....and our thing has always been defense. So we did good in that area. Like most teams we have a few injuries that are best left to rest. A couple of our forwards need this. Brett Murray has been rested for a few games now...Sam Williams played maybe 10 minutes last night. If you have never seen either of these guys......tremendous speed. Hopefully all will be ready for region games. Again, Hixson played a very good game....we just in general played sloppy.

Did Hixson give you trouble in any areas? Just curious because CCS has them tomorrow night. Who didn't play?

You have a very good team and it is important to be well rested for the district and regional games.

Hixson's field is MUCH wider than most fields (due to other teams playing on football fields). Notre Dames field is much smaller. Im not sure about the length of Hixson's field, but it is closer to regulation size than most in chattanooga. Hixson's field was VERY rough due to the Notre game in the heavy rain.

Baylor scored 2 minutes into the game (off a corner), bringing Hixson's players back to reality.

30 minutes into the game, Baylors offense had a shot from 30 yards out, with nothing but a goalie in the way (good shot!)

Hixson's defense shut them down the second half, ("sloppy" touches or not) as Baylor's shot opportunities were cut down severly compared to the first half.

Hixson's offense had several good scoring opportunities, also, but like Baylor "just couldnt finish." (controlling the ball 49 minutes of the game)

But.............all excuses put aside, a win is a win.

You are right the field was pretty rough....having to play in rain as you mentioned can do that. Good luck to Hixson on the rest of your season. Hope you guys make the playoffs.

Hixson's field is MUCH wider than most fields (due to other teams playing on football fields). Notre Dames field is much smaller. Im not sure about the length of Hixson's field, but it is closer to regulation size than most in chattanooga. Hixson's field was VERY rough due to the Notre game in the heavy rain.

Baylor scored 2 minutes into the game (off a corner), bringing Hixson's players back to reality.

30 minutes into the game, Baylors offense had a shot from 30 yards out, with nothing but a goalie in the way (good shot!)

Hixson's defense shut them down the second half, ("sloppy" touches or not) as Baylor's shot opportunities were cut down severly compared to the first half.

Hixson's offense had several good scoring opportunities, also, but like Baylor "just couldnt finish." (controlling the ball 49 minutes of the game)

But.............all excuses put aside, a win is a win.

Hats off to CCS tonight......they beat Hixson 6-0.

They had hustle, they had great touches on the ball.

And they can finish.

They by far are the best team that Hixson has seen

And Hixson has seen Notre Dame, Baylor, East Ridge, Walker Valley,Grace.

They also didnt foul just to get the ball.

Good Luck CCS on the rest of your season.

You deserve to be at the top.

Sounds like CCS played a great game tonight. But you can't put them over Baylor or McCallie based on a great game against Hixson. When we (ND) played you guys it was at Hixson on a rainy, bad weather night....for both teams I admit but it was on poor playing conditions for both. I know the field at Hixson is in real bad shape after our game.....pretty chopped up and hard to get good touches as you say. Tonight CCS must have played very well...but it does make a difference playing on a good playing surface at home. Just saying poor field conditions affects play for all. One good game does not make you #1 for sure.

Hats off to CCS tonight......they beat Hixson 6-0.

They had hustle, they had great touches on the ball.

And they can finish.

They by far are the best team that Hixson has seen

And Hixson has seen Notre Dame, Baylor, East Ridge, Walker Valley,Grace.

They also didnt foul just to get the ball.

Good Luck CCS on the rest of your season.

You deserve to be at the top.