Someone please post Temple/Union City Updates!

RobertPaulson

I think you nailed it.....except for the part about the temple coach being there before...this is his first head coaching job ever, and his first year, that being said- he should be praised even more for his preparation...

Thanks for the correction...I knew Temple had been there...quite a few times. I think he did an outstanding job. How old is the Temple coach.I know UC has 7 seniors and my understanding is Temple had nothing close to that.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the correction...I knew Temple had been there...quite a few times. I think he did an outstanding job. How old is the Temple coach.I know UC has 7 seniors and my understanding is Temple had nothing close to that.

Coach Marcum is 27 and his team has 1 senior, Kendall Peterson.

Good grief! What a collection of "experts"! Several people analyzing the UC-Temple game WITHOUT HAVING SEEN IT--AND ADMITTING THAT. One person didn't know that high school courts are now the size of college courts; another thought the Temple coach outcoached UC because of his state tournament experience, when it was his first year to coach and his first state tournament game. Someone else figured that Temple challenged all the UC shooters' 3-point efforts and conceded the inside game. Someone else had predicted that UC would wear down Temple by playing all those 10 players who could start for...who was it? Any other team in West Tennessee? Most teams in Tennessee? Most teams in the SEC? In point of fact, from the first quarter on, Temple outscored UC and Temple's bench scored as many points as did UC's. Another person wrote the foul calls were so lopsided, with the officials favoring Temple, when the actual results were 17 fouls called on UC and 14 on Temple.

Give some people a username, an avatar, and a keyboard and they become experts on everything

Whether they witnessed it or not is beside the point.

Get a grip dude...it's just a basketball game.Most of the experts on here called for a blowout. I challange you to find anywhere I said that. I'm actually for UC. All I was saying give the other team some credit. Now people are saying watch out for Manassas...some of the very same people that penciled in UC to win it all. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I don't get it /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I have seen every game of the Union City boys since 2005 and Union City rarely plays that badly. We had an off day. We will be back & ready on Friday. We will blow you away. I think nerves got to most of our players.

Good Job UC!!!!!

Keepin' It going.....

What people need to realize is that Temple had an off day also. Do not forget that Temple was playing defense today and not giving many open looks.

Temple's Jeremy Sexton, #10, was unquestionably the best player on the court today.

How does Temple turn the ball over 26 times and lose by 4 I was at the game the pressure from UC didnt force those TOs. Bad ball handling by temple did. manassas wont do that

Legend your right again!!!!I listen to it on the radio and SISCO said UC had their worste effort all year and he believes the schedule they played helped them out alot..2 of 25 3's is crazy..8%..WOW!! Thats unheard of for UC because ive seen them play at least 20 times this year and they never shot that bad..They said the refs was pitifull!! Called every touch foul..I believe they said at the half the fould was 14 ta 2..I dunno..Legend tell me what was up man! I like u because u tell it like it is! U have always kept it real..Was the refs that bad? They said MJ was hammered several times and he got maybe 2 calls..They said Tony Wilkins was hammered several times and nothing called..Can u tell me what was really up? But yeah i agree with you if they play that bad against Moore Co. they will go down..Or Manassas..Give me a update when u can.I know for a fact they didnt even try a free throw in the first half..Thats Crazy!

What people need to realize is that Temple had an off day also. Do not forget that Temple was playing defense today and not giving many open looks. Temple's Jeremy Sexton, #10, was unquestionably the best player on the court today.

Yeah!! Mad Props to that kid! From what i heard he shot lights out! Congrats to him and Temple on a good season.

Awesome job to Temple...I was surprised when I turned on the ball game at work. It was closer to the end of the game and was like a 4-5 point game and I was surprised. Temple obviously came out and played like they had a chance. If this is Temple's coach first year, he's done a good job... Making it to state and almost beating undefeated Union City.

Awesome job to Temple...I was surprised when I turned on the ball game at work. It was closer to the end of the game and was like a 4-5 point game and I was surprised. Temple obviously came out and played like they had a chance. If this is Temple's coach first year, he's done a good job... Making it to state and almost beating undefeated Union City.

Temple did what no one else has done since sub-state last year........UC fans are quite tonight!!!!!!! Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a lack of the normal smack????

It's OK UC fans, some of the other teams are good also!!!!