Union City vs Moore County

Icy

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Moore County wins, it will be because they played fundamentally well and didn't try to run and jump with Union City. Even though they won against Eagleville, they didn't play a very fundamentally sound game. Countless times they let Eagleville drive to the basket, let them throw nearly every single baseline inbounds pass in right in the paint, and frequently didn't get into good rebounding position.

Their talent and Eagleville's poor play in the first half helped to hide these things, but UC has enough talent to put things out of reach if MC starts trying to match athleticism, which would probably get MC into foul trouble and keep the crowd out of the game.

I definitely think that everyone outside of MC is severely underestimating them---if they play their game and consistently break the press like they are well capable of, I can see them keeping things very close. If it's close, Jean or Alexander will find a way to make plays in the end to win.

UC seemed a little shocked Wednesday, like they couldn't believe they weren't just going to walk into Murphy Center and get handed the gold ball. MC, on the other hand, came out as ready to go as a team could be, but then they had a huge letdown in the second half and had to rally to pull away. Which team will show up ready to play? Which team will play a full game? Which crowd will stay with their team throughout? Which leaders will put their team on their backs and carry them to a win?

I think this is a very intriguing game, and I think in the end Tyler Jean and the rest of the Raiders want it as much as could be possible. They know the history of the program and have been to Murfreesboro as kids to watch previous MC teams, and they have every confidence that they're taking another title back to Lynchburg.

I say MC by 4 in a close one.

Well from what I hear from a good source UC has a press MC has never had to deal with before. Saying that I think that MC can break it with Tyler and a few others. They will just have to really take care of the ball. UC will without a doubt be the best team we have faced all year. I really wish I could be there to watch what could be a very good game and one that will be fun to watch. Good luck and congratulations to both teams. I gotta go for my boys from MC but I will say I wish this was the finals and not the semis.

I agree you should go for your "boys", better yet, go home with your boys after the game, because that's where they will be. Union City by 25+.