best team in middle tn?

wheeler1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i say tullahoma is one of the best..they dont get that much recognition but they deserve to..they would be #1 in the state if they could of made a few less mistakes in some games..they crush the ball..the field good every now and then that is way they have lost most there games..but take the errors out and this team would be hard to beat.

i say tullahoma is one of the best..they dont get that much recognition but they deserve to..they would be #1 in the state if they could of made a few less mistakes in some games..they crush the ball..the field good every now and then that is way they have lost most there games..but take the errors out and this team would be hard to beat.

tullahoma is a good team...are they young?

tullahoma is a good team...are they young?

They're not young. They usually start five or six seniors. And, while I would stop way short of saying they are one of the best teams in the midstate, I will say they've caught some really bad breaks that have held them back. Their starting shortstop and leadoff hitter, Hunter Culbertson, had surgery on a knee in the off season and is just coming back this week. Their number-two pitcher, Jacob Honea, left his first start in the second inning and is going to have shoulder surgery. He was also playing short in place of Culbertson when he was not pitching. Add to that a couple of self-inflicted problems when the starting catcher and one of the top-four pitchers (and closer) were kicked off the team for disciplinary reasons in pre-season, and they wound up with a lot of guys playing out of position. In all their district losses they had anywhere from four to eight errors in games they lost by either one or two runs. The starting pitching and offense have been good enough.

No one is making excuses, including the team. I only mention this stuff because I know you are truly interested in the teams in your distirct and District 8-AAA. I don't know where things will go from here, but getting Culbertson back this week (even though he's far from full speed) will help solidify the defense and allow more players to play their normal positions. Regardless of what happens, I've been proud of the boys and coach Brad White for the way they've handled adversity. I'm sure a lot of teams have similar tales of woe, and as the great philosopher said, "There's no crying in baseball." I just wanted to take a second and tip my hat to the Wildcats for the way they've handled their own particular setbacks.

If it were not for mistakes we would all be undefeated. Thats is how you measure great teams: the fewest number of mistakes.

I don't see how Franklin can't be considered in the top few middle TN teams. They only have one loss in the state of TN (two to Florida teams apparently) and they are undefeated in a tough 11 AAA district so far. I saw them play vs. Brentwood the other night and they weren't hitting well at all (out of the ordinary for this team) but they somehow found a way to win.

It depends on who is on the bump for a particular team. When BGA has Isaacs, Smith or Moore pitching they would be difficult to beat. They lost a one run game to Farragut in the finals of a big South Florida tournament. It's all about the pitching this season in Middle Tennessee.