Coaching Change at Hixson High School

Coachwo

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This situation is tied up in an arbitrary hearing. The coach has already had a hearing before the school board to be reinstated for his suspended pay and he won that. Now it goes to an arbitratry hearing for him to get his job back at Hixson as a teacher and coach. Don't know how that will turn out but usually if it goes that far there is a good chance that he will get to return to Hixson. I don't know why his job would be posted if there is a chance that he will be returning. Many people want Coach Eller to return so that he can continue the success that he has built there. I know many of the players want him to return. They really miss him.

Anybody know why there is a coaching opening at Hixson High School? I have been away from the Chattanooga area for a while but isn't that a pretty good job?Just wondering what a few people thought about this.

Where did you coach in Tennessee and where are you currently coaching in Alabama?

I coached for 6 years in Athens, Tennessee at a private school and for 4 years in the Tri-Cities area.

I am currently at a 1A private school in Alabama in Anniston, Alabama. We just got done with a trip to the Final Four. We got put out by St. Jude- Catholic. They won the state tournament for the 3rd time in 5 years. GaMichael Green is their star, McDonalds All-American, and a commitment to Alabama next year.

I would be interested in the Hixson job if there is an opening. My wife and I would like to get back to Tennessee.

It sounds like that the job may not be open though if what you say is true.It is a great job though, I keep up with Chattanooga basketball cause I have coaching friends in the area: Soddy-Daisey, Chattanooga Christian, and Temple.

I coached for 6 years in Athens, Tennessee at a private school and for 4 years in the Tri-Cities area.

I am currently at a 1A private school in Alabama in Anniston, Alabama. We just got done with a trip to the Final Four. We got put out by St. Jude- Catholic. They won the state tournament for the 3rd time in 5 years. GaMichael Green is their star, McDonalds All-American, and a commitment to Alabama next year.

I would be interested in the Hixson job if there is an opening. My wife and I would like to get back to Tennessee.

It sounds like that the job may not be open though if what you say is true.It is a great job though, I keep up with Chattanooga basketball cause I have coaching friends in the area: Soddy-Daisey, Chattanooga Christian, and Temple.

What is the name of the private school in Athens, Tennessee and what is the name of the private school that you are currently at in Alabama?

Fairview Christian in Athens, Tn and Faith Christian High School in Anniston, AL.

If you want to see some highlights of the AHSAA state tournament go to highschoolgameday.com and look at the right side of the screen for some video highlights. They have some good stuff from teh region final and the Final Four.

What is the name of the private school in Athens, Tennessee and what is the name of the private school that you are currently at in Alabama?

Let's get real about Eller...they were a .500 ballclub with him and when he was transferred they went on a 15 game winning streak. Does that not speak volumns about what went on...and the guy who replaced him on an interim basis was a football coach for gosh sakes...geez-o-pete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's get real about Eller...they were a .500 ballclub with him and when he was transferred they went on a 15 game winning streak. Does that not speak volumns about what went on...and the guy who replaced him on an interim basis was a football coach for gosh sakes...geez-o-pete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about a little bit of PLAYING FOR THEIR COACH!!!!!!!!!!!! They were proving a point, the kids were stepping it up for there coach. Now tell me how a football coach who doesnt know anything about basketball can coach them to a win streak????? He stepped in during a situation that he had to help out, not become the next Phil Jackson. PURE LUCK and Eller will be back!!!!!!!!!

Actually they were 9 and 4 with Eller there. Calculated correctly, this is 5 games above .500. Aren't you the same person that said Leroy Higgins would be a great fit at Tyner? That explains why you may have problems doing the math. I don't know what you mean by "does that speak volumns (volumes?) about what went on... Eller coached three teams to district championships while he was at Hixson. Five times they were runner up? What is volumns?