Best Freshman for 2008?

Hanna1046

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jared Allen of Polk County, remember the name. He's around 6'2, 200 lbs. He's started every game batting in the clean-up spot. He's hitting right at .500, has 7 HR's , around 35 RBI and scored just as many runs. Not to mention he is 5-0 on the mound with around a 2.30 ERA and 2 saves.

In the lower southeast Tennessee quadrant, Jared "Jarhead" Allen seems to be without any peers. I haven't seen him play much, but his numbers are eye-popping and he is doing it at the plate and from the mound. He is a legitimate stud from Polk County.

he is very good. although i find it very hard to believe that you haven't seen him play very much, since you know a nickname that only people that know him well, or are from polk county, call him. but yes jared can hit. not as convinced on the mound as in the box, but the kid can play the outfield and hit with anyone, except maybe a curveball

according to the TFP.......theres some freshmen in the top 5 in alot of stats but look who some of these stat leaders are playing.

Jared Allen is 6'0 195# he finished the season hitting .465 with 7HR and 42 RBI's with 40 runs scored, five doubles and 2 triples. As for pitching he is 5-0 with 50 K's in 33 innings and a save as well. Five of his hr's came against; Walker Valley, McMinn Central, Marion, and Plainsview Alabama. I don't think you can question his performance against anyone or the teams they play, in fact he hit better against the better teams and good pitching. Remember he is just a freshman and hit clean up. Most teams didn't give him alot to hit after they faced him a second time and those in the district didn't throw him anything he could turn on.

he is very good. although i find it very hard to believe that you haven't seen him play very much, since you know a nickname that only people that know him well, or are from polk county, call him. but yes jared can hit. not as convinced on the mound as in the box, but the kid can play the outfield and hit with anyone, except maybe a curveball

My son played against him when they were younger, but not since they were 10 or so. We've played with alot of the same people so I've heard his name mentioned alot and I've never heard anything bad. His stats speak for themselves and AA is alot better than A ball. There are a couple of kids on some other teams in the area that posted eye popping numbers that would not have hit .300 for Ooltewah's freshmen.

My son played against him when they were younger, but not since they were 10 or so. We've played with alot of the same people so I've heard his name mentioned alot and I've never heard anything bad. His stats speak for themselves and AA is alot better than A ball. There are a couple of kids on some other teams in the area that posted eye popping numbers that would not have hit .300 for Ooltewah's freshmen.

Most of the one s leading the area playing UP on varsity could nt hit .200 at Ooltewah much less play UP on varsity and make any difference at all besides warming up the pine.