DB FOOTBALL '08

DBTeepee

We've took everything else from you, why not take your name too?! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> We might even take a couple of Tom's 3 irons and smack you around a little while we're at it. Hide your women, the Rebs are taking over! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

FYI you were all over Waco for his spelling....you should have said "We've taken"...not "we've took" /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

And you might want to halt that recruiting because reclassification is coming up and we'd hate to see you take your beat down week-in and week-out at 5A....remember there are no Unicoi Counties and Sullivan Centrals and Norths and...we'll you get the jist /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've took everything else from you, why not take your name too?! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> We might even take a couple of Tom's 3 irons and smack you around a little while we're at it. Hide your women, the Rebs are taking over! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

DeJa Vu...............2006 / Dobyns Bennett - 45 South - ZERO

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ..............Volman's already racking up points for the Mo-Ron of the year award!

July 25 1986, Marvis Frazier bosted he would take Mike Tyson to school in the ring. He said Tyson didn't have a chance of beating him.

July 26 1986, Mike Tyson Knocked out Frazier in 30 seconds of the first round. Frazier never landed a punch.

If you South'ers really want to continue the beatdown's, talk to your AD and get the series started again. Don't make fools of yourselves and come on coacht with all this "Babble" How many years in a row has DB beat South?????

You guys are too easy. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> By the way, I know size doesn't matter, but our thread is longer than yours. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Our winning streak over you is longer than your thread /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

.............you put 'um up, I'll knock 'um down

Our winning streak over you is longer than your thread /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

.............you put 'um up, I'll knock 'um down

True Waco. Hey, why can't we all just get along? I mean after all, we both do still have the same number of football state championships that were actually played on a field right? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

True Waco. Hey, why can't we all just get along? I mean after all, we both do still have the same number of football state championships that were actually played on a field right? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

and DB has the last 13 wins that were actually played on the field right? (i'm not talking about the '07 game that was played out in the minds of South fans...sort of like dreaming you got a bicycle for Christmas only to wake up and realize it was another T-shirt that had a picture of JoJo on it....reality!)/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It's not DB's fault that the state of TN didn't have a state tournament before around 1970. That's like saying none of the NCAA college football championships (that used to be voted on by the media prior to the BCS) really counted either. Would you like to just forget the Vols championships earned prior to 1998 too?

It's not DB's fault that the state of TN didn't have a state tournament before around 1970. That's like saying none of the NCAA college football championships (that used to be voted on by the media prior to the BCS) really counted either. Would you like to just forget the Vols championships earned prior to 1998 too?

TP

Even the BCS is a poll and not a playoff and it is not even called the NCAA championship..it is a BCS championship (which is recognized as the NCAA champ) but even at that the AP picked USC over LSU (BCS game winner)a few years back. Since there is no playoff in D1-A, to this day there still has not been one champion (including UT in '98) that has won it on the field...they have all been selected a poll of some sort. So all those championships that Volman would claim, even 1998, for UT are bogus I guess....try to tell that to the SID down UT. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

TP

Even the BCS is a poll and not a playoff and it is not even called the NCAA championship..it is a BCS championship (which is recognized as the NCAA champ) but even at that the AP picked USC over LSU (BCS game winner)a few years back. Since there is no playoff in D1-A, to this day there still has not been one champion (including UT in '98) that has won it on the field...they have all been selected a poll of some sort. So all those championships that Volman would claim, even 1998, for UT are bogus I guess....try to tell that to the SID down UT. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

GOOD POINT!

Boy that one hurts. I can't imagine what happened to drive Tom anywhere, much less to a rival like Sullivan South. Tom is very aware of the rivalries versus South and Science Hill. He has enjoyed many private conversations where he was let into the "inner circle" of how the various coaches feel when playing those teams. I can understand a radio station switching here or there based on economics, but I can't believe that we let the best play by play man from here to Knoxville just walk away. Does anyone have the real story on what happened here?