DB FOOTBALL '08

DBTeepee

Since Crawford was not in a play during this 'two week evaluation' YES Roop was DEFINATELY looked at for his ability and arm.

For those that ACTUALLY WATCHED DB??™s spring practice, it would be truly appreciated if you where to give an evaluation upon the players. Strengths/Weaknesses etc.....(Understand DB has quite a few key players out due to other sports, but an evaluation upon this Spring practice would be great!)

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

This could be one of the best teams to play at J Fred... The spring was very big to build depth that will be the difference in how far this team will go. Moving Tilden to middle linebacker,could make this one of the best linebacking crews in the state... There is some good depth there as well.The play of Bateman at DE and 61 on the other side, along with the new comer at nose"36",will make this the best front "" 6 or 7 ""any team will face this year.Our QB's could be a difference at Dog and Safety,if for no other reason then depth. We have some fine looking athletes all over the defense.On the offense,we have a couple of lineman that will play both ways and we will need some of the younger guys to step up and play some big downs.The same can be said at tightend and the backfield.The passing game should come along during the fall and this team should roll

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could be one of the best teams to play at J Fred... The spring was very big to build depth that will be the difference in how far this team will go. Moving Tilden to middle linebacker,could make this one of the best linebacking crews in the state... There is some good depth there as well.The play of Bateman at DE and 61 on the other side, along with the new comer at nose"36",will make this the best front "" 6 or 7 ""any team will face this year.Our QB's could be a difference at Dog and Safety,if for no other reason then depth. We have some fine looking athletes all over the defense.On the offense,we have a couple of lineman that will play both ways and we will need some of the younger guys to step up and play some big downs.The same can be said at tightend and the backfield.The passing game should come along during the fall and this team should roll

RandRDad, I like your enthusiasm. I hope it's infectious with the rest of the Indian nation. We need to get behind these kids and the coaching staff. I think this will be the year we start a new streak of Big East championships.

RandRDad, I like your enthusiasm. I hope it's infectious with the rest of the Indian nation. We need to get behind these kids and the coaching staff. I think this will be the year we start a new streak of Big East championships.

I didn't have much time to talk about the offense and made it sound like a defensive team only,so here we go. Jamie is a super athlete with a gun, and David is allso a strong athlete that is very capable.Both these guys can make plays on the otherside of the ball as well.We need them both ready to play on either side of the ball.I don't know who was wearing some of the numbers in the maroon and gray game,but number "7" done a good job for the gray team at QB as well.It was good to see some depth being made at tailback with Mark"15",Justin "2"and a few more.These guys can be put outside as well to spread the field,and they will be real big on defense.I will just say his name one time,"Chris,number 32".That takes care of the tailback spot for any highschool team in this state.He is just a special young man that has been raised to perfection by some great parents.He could play on the other side of the ball as well,but I'd only do it in a very big playoff game,"say the state championship game with a minute or two remaining''. Fullback is the home of Lawson"45", who made some monster hits last year.He is playing linebacker as good as anyone in these parts as well.The depth is with the powerfull looking 44 who made some nice plays during the maroon and gray game.James"9" is a very fine looking athete at tightend and is allso playing linebacker as good as anybody I've seen.Number "17" is a big kid with as good of hands as you will see from a big guy at tightend. There are a lot of kids that can be a factor on the outside.Mark and Justin have speed and can be used in the slot or on the outside, big Edwards could be a target with his good speed and great size.A number of guys in all three classes will be a factor when Jamie,David and the offense crank is up in the fall.I believe the ''run and pitch game may work well with all the athletes we have this year.I can see 10,4,32,2,15, picking up big yards allready.

You have a bad memory, but that usually goes along with having a small brain. I never "bashed" the coaching staff, ever! If you can find a post of me "bashing" the entire staff then present it. I have posted my displeasure with Graham Clarks play calling and use of certin players in certin situations during a 2 year span. I never "bashed" coach Watson for instance.....never! I call it as I see it. Graham Clark did a awsome job of coaching last year and I will let everyone know about it. Thats just something you'll have to get used to Monica. It was just that 2 year span that I don't think he did a good job in. (was still better than any other coach in upper east tn.) I never "bashed Charlie all the time" either. When I didn't think he was doing a good job I posted it. When I thought he was doing a good job I posted it. Read my post during the tournment and it will prove you wrong. Me, and all other DB fans know what kind of coaches we have and even when we voice our displeasure with their gameplans we still support them. Thats something You, and all other South fans will never understand. You've never been there. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This is the perfect definition of a "bandwagon fan".

This is the perfect definition of a "bandwagon fan".

Literally, a bandwagon is a wagon which carries the band in a parade, circus or other enterainment.

In sports "bandwagon" is a derogatory term for people who begin flocking to a team after they have achieved success. Fans of successful sporting teams who do not live in the traditional areas of their support are often accused of being "bandwagon" fans or only show a interest in the team when they are performing well. "Bandwagon Fans" are also often called "fairweather fans".

There is your "perfect defination" of a "bandwagon fan"

I never pulled for another team, never "jumped on board" when the team had success. (I was already there) I live just a few blocks away from the school. Have always been a fan win or lose.

I think you are confused about the defination. I hope this helps.

Who will the next fool be? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Literally, a bandwagon is a wagon which carries the band in a parade, circus or other enterainment.

In sports "bandwagon" is a derogatory term for people who begin flocking to a team after they have achieved sucess. Fans of seccessful sporting teams who do not live in the traditional areas of their support are often accused of being "bandwagon" fans or only show a interest in the team when they are performing well. "Bandwagon Fans" are also often called "fairwether fans".

There is your "perfect defination" of a "bandwagon fan"

I never pulled for another team, never "jumped on board" when the team had success. (I was already there) I live just a few blocks away from the school. Have always been a fan win or lose.

I think you are confused about the defination. I hope this helps.

Who will the next fool be? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

You are 100% Correct! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I am confused. What is a defination? I've heard of defecation which reminds me of most of your posts..............

You are 100% Correct! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I am confused. What is a defination? I've heard of defecation which reminds me of most of your posts..............

That was real cute and classy.................just what one would expect from a South fan.

That was real cute and classy.................just what one would expect from a South fan.

Actually, I thought it was kind of funny...it was real cute and classy...in a Souther kind of way. And just what would one expect from a South fan? My daughter did not go to Ashley Academy and she is not a Sub-Deb. But I went to Cumberland College (before it was Cumberland University) will that work? The Doctor I work with went to Emory...how's that one. Two of our NP's started out at Radcliffe and ended up at Vandy'...all are from the 'Heights. I know...not the best schools in the country. Before the dinner party we have each year maybe we should come to adult education for the protocol of it all. It's tough being a redneck in such a formal town. Shucks, all that etiquette stuff makes my head swim.

Actually, I thought it was kind of funny...it was real cute and classy...in a Souther kind of way. And just what would one expect from a South fan? My daughter did not go to Ashley Academy and she is not a Sub-Deb. But I went to Cumberland College (before it was Cumberland University) will that work? The Doctor I work with went to Emory...how's that one. Two of our NP's started out at Radcliffe and ended up at Vandy'...all are from the 'Heights. I know...not the best schools in the country. Before the dinner party we have each year maybe we should come to adult education for the protocol of it all. It's tough being a redneck in such a formal town. Shucks, all that etiquette stuff makes my head swim.

Read the above post backwards. Its easier to understand. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

How long have you been in the 5th. grade? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />