DB FOOTBALL '08

DBTeepee

It was good having y'all over last Friday. We look forward to seeing you again in August.

What were Indian's fans impressions of Halls; specifically our defense.

I'll still be glad to hear what you have to say about the offense, but we were missing our QB, two top RBs, and our starting right tackle; among others.

I thought your RB, #2, ran the ball well for you.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was good having y'all over last Friday. We look forward to seeing you again in August.

What were Indian's fans impressions of Halls; specifically our defense.

I'll still be glad to hear what you have to say about the offense, but we were missing our QB, two top RBs, and our starting right tackle; among others.

I thought your RB, #2, ran the ball well for you.

Your team looked very good . I think when you get all of your players back ,you will be very strong.Your big boy,''45 ''was a hard matchup for our DB's.When both of us have all of the parts back in a couple of months it will be a good matchup to get ready for our seasons. I think our coaches can take last friday night and build on some things that I saw.I think our outside linebackers looked much stronger then last years group ,James and Lawson were big hitters.I don't know all the names,but 85 was a hitter as well in the middle.The big kid "36" can be a complete monster over the center or at middle linelacker.Look forward to seeing your team in a few weeks.

Your team looked very good . I think when you get all of your players back ,you will be very strong.Your big boy,''45 ''was a hard matchup for our DB's.When both of us have all of the parts back in a couple of months it will be a good matchup to get ready for our seasons. I think our coaches can take last friday night and build on some things that I saw.I think our outside linebackers looked much stronger then last years group ,James and Lawson were big hitters.I don't know all the names,but 85 was a hitter as well in the middle.The big kid "36" can be a complete monster over the center or at middle linelacker.Look forward to seeing your team in a few weeks.

Thanks for the reply.

#45 is an excellent blocking TE but when he does get loose in the secondary, he is a mismatch for most DBs. He also plays some DE. Regarding your numbers, your comments don't seem to match our roster? Were the references to your players numbers or ours? Our big man in the middle is #62 (1st team All-State last year as a junior). May be the best player in Knoxville? The only other "hitter" on our roster with a number in the 80s is #88 at DE who also spells #45 at TE. Again if you were referring to our guys, I also think you meant #56, not #36, as the monster LB in the middle. We take great pride in the toughness and good sportsmanship of the young men at Halls. Your team's size was a good test for our young men.

We look forward to seeing you again in August.

I have been one of Clark'ss biggest critics at times but last year he showed me what a good head coach he really is. He and the rest of the staff took a "not very good" football team and made them a "good" football team by the first game and a "very good" team by the end of the year. If he wants to use 15 players or 30 players its fine with me. If he's winning games then he's doing it right. This is not Up-Ward football we're playing in high school. I think he tries to put his best players on the field. Thats a good thing. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This could be the best quote I've seen on here since I have started reading. Right on the money, it is not Upward football. I am all for getting kids into ball games to play when they are 8 and 10 years old in Pee Wee football, but when they are on a high school team they have got to show that they have what it takes to play. This is partly what is the matter with some of the people in our society today. Competition has been taken out of some local sports, so when kids get older they don't know how to work hard to get what they want. They want everything given to them; a job, food, money, rent. Ok my rant is over, the point is that if you want your kid to play in a game tell him to give 200% during practice and do everything the coaches ask and do it better than the other guy period. And if he still doesn't play than you can have something to talk about.

This could be the best quote I've seen on here since I have started reading. Right on the money, it is not Upward football. I am all for getting kids into ball games to play when they are 8 and 10 years old in Pee Wee football, but when they are on a high school team they have got to show that they have what it takes to play. This is partly what is the matter with some of the people in our society today. Competition has been taken out of some local sports, so when kids get older they don't know how to work hard to get what they want. They want everything given to them; a job, food, money, rent. Ok my rant is over, the point is that if you want your kid to play in a game tell him to give 200% during practice and do everything the coaches ask and do it better than the other guy period. And if he still doesn't play than you can have something to talk about.

The big gripe about playing time comes when GC is up 45-0 in the 3rd quarter and he still has the first string in. GC has made the comment after last season he thought was going to have to sell insurance and he wasnt a very good insuarance man. At the HS level like DB you have several players that are stand outs, they go on to play with scholarships. Then you have the next 10-25 players that are about equal,then you have the next 25 players that in time can play and the last 25 are out just to be a member of a team. When DB had their best teams they had very few that played both ways, let alone the entire game including special teams. GC could take a page from Coach Morgan's book and sub. Run the other team, see who is tired come the 4th quarter. You can not tell me subbing a couple of players for a couple of plays and give a guy a breather would not make a difference. Have that WR run that DB deep every play no matter a pass play or not. Rest that lineman (off. or def.)for a play. DB has several boys that can play that defensive front. Rotate them! With 100 boys DB does not have to play a kid on offense and turn right around and put him on defense. I agree, this is not upward football, BUT unless GC changes somethings I see some downward football ahead. This team can hold their own next season, but I predict some storms ahead after this season. The trend of not playing boys has already hit the ranks of the QB club. I heard they cant get parents to volunteer and had to get prior player's parents to help at the race. Wonder why? Take away all the perks these boys get and see how many stay out for football. GC knows that. He knows there are too many options for kids to do today other than practice football for 6 months and not get to play. That carrot the QB club dangles keeps that number big and that makes GC look good. There is a storm a coming, the same that hit Ritz this year.

One of these days GC is going to have to make cuts, this 120 man roster is getting ridiculous and expensive i understand if a kid practices every day in the summer and during season they should have a spot on the team absolutely, but about 25-30 of these kids are just out there going through the motions to say they were on the team, and the coaches know who they are, and they should cut them bottom line, stop letting some of these kids waste their time when they are never gonna have a chance to play, and let them learn and explore other activites that they can really be a part of. Ne wayz the kid that moved in here from NC that was gonna take Crawfords position (LOL), where is he playin and what number is he wearing???

One of these days GC is going to have to make cuts, this 120 man roster is getting ridiculous and expensive i understand if a kid practices every day in the summer and during season they should have a spot on the team absolutely, but about 25-30 of these kids are just out there going through the motions to say they were on the team, and the coaches know who they are, and they should cut them bottom line, stop letting some of these kids waste their time when they are never gonna have a chance to play, and let them learn and explore other activites that they can really be a part of. Ne wayz the kid that moved in here from NC that was gonna take Crawfords position (LOL), where is he playin and what number is he wearing???

I'm sorry but I don't consider getting in great physical condition, learning teamwork and comradery, and creating memories that they will cherish for the rest of their lives to be a waste of time.

The big gripe about playing time comes when GC is up 45-0 in the 3rd quarter and he still has the first string in. GC has made the comment after last season he thought was going to have to sell insurance and he wasnt a very good insuarance man. At the HS level like DB you have several players that are stand outs, they go on to play with scholarships. Then you have the next 10-25 players that are about equal,then you have the next 25 players that in time can play and the last 25 are out just to be a member of a team. When DB had their best teams they had very few that played both ways, let alone the entire game including special teams. GC could take a page from Coach Morgan's book and sub. Run the other team, see who is tired come the 4th quarter. You can not tell me subbing a couple of players for a couple of plays and give a guy a breather would not make a difference. Have that WR run that DB deep every play no matter a pass play or not. Rest that lineman (off. or def.)for a play. DB has several boys that can play that defensive front. Rotate them! With 100 boys DB does not have to play a kid on offense and turn right around and put him on defense. I agree, this is not upward football, BUT unless GC changes somethings I see some downward football ahead. This team can hold their own next season, but I predict some storms ahead after this season. The trend of not playing boys has already hit the ranks of the QB club. I heard they cant get parents to volunteer and had to get prior player's parents to help at the race. Wonder why? Take away all the perks these boys get and see how many stay out for football. GC knows that. He knows there are too many options for kids to do today other than practice football for 6 months and not get to play. That carrot the QB club dangles keeps that number big and that makes GC look good. There is a storm a coming, the same that hit Ritz this year.

What is considered one of DB's best teams, because I can remember a team that was pretty good and lost in the semifinals to Murfeesboro Oakland who had a number of players play both ways. I would have to consider that team one of the best. Bottom line is the G-man plays the best players on the team and puts them in a position to succeed. And what storm are you talking about that hit Ritz this year? They did not have as much talent as they have in previous years, but I don't see any drop off of talent for the football team any time soon. Let some of these sophomores and juniors mature and we will see what the weather looks like.

I understand where your coming from Teepee, I'm just saying we have upcoming seniors that have never been on a football field, never touched a weight, walk right out there and immediately be on the team. What if its 150 next yr then 200 the next, have to draw the line sometime.

In a few years all enrolled students will either be in Band or on the Football team. Clark is just trying to increase his numbers to prevent a complete Band takeover. There's strength in numbers.

Watchdog I get the opinion that you have a son that's not getting playing time,is that true? Cause u talked that same stuff alot last year.I said in the DB baseball thread that I thought coach Ritz did a great job with the talent that he had this year and still believe that.Last year's team was loaded with seniors.Trying to win close games and facing good pitching how do you play younger players.I honestly don't know what storm you are refering to.I think I know who you are,your son will play if you let him.I know you want Ritz gone.Just chill out.