DB FOOTBALL '08

DBTeepee

I have been reluctant to be critical of Coach Ritz in the twilight of his career. He does have a tremendous number of victories (including state championships at North) under his belt, but it kinda seems like he has lost a little of the fire in his belly that he had in years past. At the rate they are going with the new field, all their games this year are gonna be away from J Fred. I guess we'll just have to endure until football season rolls back around.

This is not a baseball thread but D-B is simply paying for Ritz's gamble on the sophomore class of a few years ago (Seniors last year). He also thought last year was his best chance for a state title and they came up a bit short. When it became apparent that group was anointed for all the playing time other kids opted out. They will reload and do better with time. This year will be bad and next year will be some better.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw where Adrian Sensabaugh won the 100 and 200 meter dash events at DB this week with outstanding times. Does anyone know if he plays football and what class he is in?

Adrian does not play football...he is a senior...he is student council president at D-B...his mother was a record setting sprinter at D-B...

Roll Tribe Roll

I saw where Adrian Sensabaugh won the 100 and 200 meter dash events at DB this week with outstanding times. Does anyone know if he plays football and what class he is in?

You think he is fast on the track? If somebody was chasing him in pads he would be even faster. He aint the football type of guy!! It looks like C Sensabaugh is working on his speed. DB needs more football players running track to work on their speed. Even with Sylvester, Hogg and Dukart on the field last year, some running backs left them in their tracks. They may only have 3-4 players running track and that is not a good sign. I hope they are all in the weight room!

As a William Blount fan, I'm worried about our trip to Kingsport next season! It was a great game last year...do you DB fans see the team being improved from last year?

They should be. Several returning starters. Both very good DEs will be back and 2 O lineman. And so is the backfield. Could have some question on LB's and Def secondary as well as receivers. The curent Jr class is more talented than the Sr class. You can find as many Jrs starting in ALL of the sports as Srs. Glad to see DB playing you all. Sets the bar for both schools for the rest of the season.

As a William Blount fan, I'm worried about our trip to Kingsport next season! It was a great game last year...do you DB fans see the team being improved from last year?

I believe the offense will be better, since we struggled mightily last year on that side of the ball. It seemed like the season was half over before the offense got on the same page of the playbook. If our offensive line comes together they will have a great back to block for in Chris Sensabaugh if he can stay healthy. My biggest concern is not having the team speed that DB has had in the past. I can only think of a couple guys who have break away speed. But nevertheless I think they will be improved from last year. I am glad we have started scheduling you guys. It's good for both of us to play high quality competition early in the season. You have a classy program and always show great sportsmanship.

This will be alot better team than last years.They have the speed and LB corp to really be a good solid team.DB should be picked to win the conference.Some very good players are going to come to the top,with a good bunch of reserves. Roll Tribe Roll.

Plowboy,

Who do you think will be the go-to receivers this year?

Plowboy,

Who do you think will be the go-to receivers this year?

S.Throp - J Doran-J. Slyvester-B Hoover-and whoever wants to go out for receiver.I would like to see the Edwards boy at tight end.Having good receivers is going to be crucial to this team.Look for alot of options and a whole lot of Sensabaugh.

S.Throp - J Doran-J. Slyvester-B Hoover-and whoever wants to go out for receiver.I would like to see the Edwards boy at tight end.Having good receivers is going to be crucial to this team.Look for alot of options and a whole lot of Sensabaugh.

Sylvester will be the go to, Throp-good nose for the football, Hoover-the go to if a fight breaks out (wrestler), Both Throp and Hoover can catch if thrown to. Doran- best for the team to work on consistent punting. Sensabaugh in the backfield with Lawson at FB. Crawford's speed and arm to Sylvester will make this team much better than last year. Dont forget Templeton at TE. He made a couple of big catches last year. Strong kid. Edwards will probably never get use to catching a football and getting FOULED.

I agree that Jordan Edwards natural position is probably tight end or defensive end where he can get those long arms up in the air and knock down some passes. More than anything, I hope that the offensive line and backfield can get the cadence worked out in preseason. It was terribly frustrating to watch those kids struggle through the first half of the season like they did.