DB FOOTBALL '08

DBTeepee

Watchdog I get the opinion that you have a son that's not getting playing time,is that true? Cause u talked that same stuff alot last year.I said in the DB baseball thread that I thought coach Ritz did a great job with the talent that he had this year and still believe that.Last year's team was loaded with seniors.Trying to win close games and facing good pitching how do you play younger players.I honestly don't know what storm you are refering to.I think I know who you are,your son will play if you let him.I know you want Ritz gone.Just chill out.

I dont have a dog in this hunt, did, but not now. So I can speak to issues that were then and I see them continueing. DB has several good baseball players walking the halls this year but chose not to play for Ritz for various reasons, but primarily they relate back to Ritz. Their is a pattern of only having a few seniors on the team every 2 out of 3 years. Once Ritz makes his line up, he never shows any interest in the other kids. The boys know that and just stop playing baseball. That same apathy (storm) is slowly creeping into the football program. For GC, having a 100+ kids out for football is purely a numbers game. He is smart enough to know where his bread is getting buttered. It was good to have "hundreds" of parents be in his corner 7 years ago when there were rumors of him leaving. Having that many kids means he has that many more parents to help the QB club which means more money for the club which means more perks for the players which means more player sticking it out. More players fuels his arguement for a bigger budget not to mention fueling an ego. Times have changed since a dozen years ago when he started. Kids are not buying his "get a look" Mayberry bs and spending 6 months busting it to only stand on the sideline. Take away some perks, especially for the Seniors, you can bet they would not be out there to just belong to a team. For some of those kids, they have never been to a college football game, let alone a bowl game in Atlanta. They have put in 3 years and figure they might as well stick around for the gravy. But take it away, (strong rumor they about lost it this year) you would have kids taking advantage of the many options of doing other things after school. They can be part of a team at Pals, make money, not get injured and humiliated every Friday night not ever playing a second. Like it or not, I have been right most of the time on here and I'm right again. I think the apathy at the spring race and calling us past parents to help volunteer is one example. If he is competing for numbers with the band (and money), keep the clock running, he will get slaughtered. PS I watched the race from home on TV.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont have a dog in this hunt, did, but not now. So I can speak to issues that were then and I see them continueing. DB has several good baseball players walking the halls this year but chose not to play for Ritz for various reasons, but primarily they relate back to Ritz. Their is a pattern of only having a few seniors on the team every 2 out of 3 years. Once Ritz makes his line up, he never shows any interest in the other kids. The boys know that and just stop playing baseball. That same apathy (storm) is slowly creeping into the football program. For GC, having a 100+ kids out for football is purely a numbers game. He is smart enough to know where his bread is getting buttered. It was good to have "hundreds" of parents be in his corner 7 years ago when there were rumors of him leaving. Having that many kids means he has that many more parents to help the QB club which means more money for the club which means more perks for the players which means more player sticking it out. More players fuels his arguement for a bigger budget not to mention fueling an ego. Times have changed since a dozen years ago when he started. Kids are not buying his "get a look" Mayberry bs and spending 6 months busting it to only stand on the sideline. Take away some perks, especially for the Seniors, you can bet they would not be out there to just belong to a team. For some of those kids, they have never been to a college football game, let alone a bowl game in Atlanta. They have put in 3 years and figure they might as well stick around for the gravy. But take it away, (strong rumor they about lost it this year) you would have kids taking advantage of the many options of doing other things after school. They can be part of a team at Pals, make money, not get injured and humiliated every Friday night not ever playing a second. Like it or not, I have been right most of the time on here and I'm right again. I think the apathy at the spring race and calling us past parents to help volunteer is one example. If he is competing for numbers with the band (and money), keep the clock running, he will get slaughtered. PS I watched the race from home on TV.

Hey I watch the race at home too.I have done my time.I would just as soon write a 100-200 dollar check and be done with it.My kid does not need his football helment to keep, nor does he need to eat out before games, or go to the peach bowl.I think the peach bowl game is about done anyway after last year.I agree with you on alot of these things. Idon't know of but maybe one kid who could have helped the baseball team this year,and his mom would't let him play.I assure you though,that this years football team will be alot better than some think.If they don't deep in the play offs there is something wrong.

What a bunch of Bunk!

You've never been right about anything on here. What a cry baby. If the "dog in this race" was your son im sure he's very proud of you. Maybe you should of transfered him to South where he could of got some playing time. DB has one of the most respected football programs in the state as well as one of the best coaching staffs. Your a loser.

What a bunch of Bunk!

You've never been right about anything on here. What a cry baby. If the "dog in this race" was your son im sure he's very proud of you. Maybe you should of transfered him to South where he could of got some playing time. DB has one of the most respected football programs in the state as well as one of the best coaching staffs. Your a loser.

Watchdog,

I think you're really a closet SS Rebel. Time to fess up.

What a bunch of Bunk!

Nice to see you back on G-Man's side Waco. Seems like just a couple of years ago you went on this big rant about how the coaches weren't getting the job done and how sick you were of seeing them underachieve. I bet G feels better now. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Nice to see you back on G-Man's side Waco. Seems like just a couple of years ago you went on this big rant about how the coaches weren't getting the job done and how sick you were of seeing them underachieve. I bet G feels better now. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I never used those words. Besides what do you care, Mr. Former Mo-Ron of the week winner. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I never used those words. Besides what do you care, Mr. Former Mo-Ron of the week winner. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

No matter how you slice it, you bashed the football coaching staff. You tried to crawdad out of it this past year by bragging on them though. You bash Charlie all the time when it's basketball time. I'm not sure if you've bashed Ritz or not. Probably so. You, like a lot of other D-B fans, don't know how lucky you are to have the coaches that you have. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Is the Roop kid getting any looks at QB or just Crawford?

Since Crawford was not in a play during this 'two week evaluation' YES Roop was DEFINATELY looked at for his ability and arm.

For those that ACTUALLY WATCHED DB??™s spring practice, it would be truly appreciated if you where to give an evaluation upon the players. Strengths/Weaknesses etc.....(Understand DB has quite a few key players out due to other sports, but an evaluation upon this Spring practice would be great!)

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

No matter how you slice it, you bashed the football coaching staff. You tried to crawdad out of it this past year by bragging on them though. You bash Charlie all the time when it's basketball time. I'm not sure if you've bashed Ritz or not. Probably so. You, like a lot of other D-B fans, don't know how lucky you are to have the coaches that you have. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You have a bad memory, but that usually goes along with having a small brain. I never "bashed" the coaching staff, ever! If you can find a post of me "bashing" the entire staff then present it. I have posted my displeasure with Graham Clarks play calling and use of certin players in certin situations during a 2 year span. I never "bashed" coach Watson for instance.....never! I call it as I see it. Graham Clark did a awsome job of coaching last year and I will let everyone know about it. Thats just something you'll have to get used to Monica. It was just that 2 year span that I don't think he did a good job in. (was still better than any other coach in upper east tn.) I never "bashed Charlie all the time" either. When I didn't think he was doing a good job I posted it. When I thought he was doing a good job I posted it. Read my post during the tournment and it will prove you wrong. Me, and all other DB fans know what kind of coaches we have and even when we voice our displeasure with their gameplans we still support them. Thats something You, and all other South fans will never understand. You've never been there. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

In case anyone is interested, there will be a grand opening ceremony for the new football field at J Fred stadium on Tuesday May 20th at 5:30 pm with the commuity invited to come out and walk on the new artificial turf and have a hot dog and a drink. I understand the band is performing as well.