GC Basketball Head Coach

gibsoncounty5

Yeah sounds like the coach I know... cause he doesn't coach a school team and he usually plays on Wednesdays... He also likes to have his team work as hard as possible during games!

I went to the AAU game of the Suns and Semo (DC and Missouri) DC won 115 to 69 they played 5 quarters. It was a great to watch the "DC style" with some big kids. If these kids come to DC, the future is bright.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mrbigster, The Jr. Pioneers (Spring Hill/Yorkville) didn't play against teams like Humboldt, Northview, Lake Co. and schools like that because between the 2 schools combined (K-8) they may have 400 people combined! They did play Three Oaks and got demolished! However, John stood his own in that game and finished with around 17 points I think. Not bad considering the pace Three Oaks was playing and the pace Jr. Pioneers played. They also played against private schools such as JCS and USJ and were runner-ups in the TNT State Tournaments and lost to a team that had a 6'6 kid and 2 6'2 kids! John is the real deal as I've stated. I'm glad other people have agreed with me on this outside of coacht and a person or two on coacht. He has a VERY pretty shot and can pull up and shoot from anywhere on the floor. I hope he lives up to this hype in HS because I know how good the kid really is. As for him going to DC, I've heard that he was but I text him the other day to ask him about it and he said he still wasn't sure so who knows?

As for the names I've heard going around about the GC job, here's whom I've heard:

Coach Larry Eddings from Bradford

Coach Tim Allen from Trenton

Coach Butch Hopkins coached Dyer Co. back in the early 2000's

Coach Whitby from Lake Co.

These are just a few from what I've heard going around Gibson Co. I'm not quite sure when they'll make the decision.

GC..I wasn't doubting you..As I said..From the post I've read ..you've been pretty well schooled on high school sports and teams..And it wasn't just hearing it from someone else that I happen to know..But that he said this kid was as good and maybe even better than Cranston..Fred..boys that I have seen play..The teams I was talking about have a lot of tough teams for a middle school district..Didn't realize yall had played Three Oaks...I watched them play Lake Co and Lake Co beat them twice in the regular season..once by close to twenty points...But Three Oaks got hot at the end..Northview suffered a key injury and Three Oaks ended up winning the Sectional after finishing about 4th in the district behing Lake Co ,Humboldt and Northview..Not sure if Dyersburg was 4th or Three Oaks..But anyway..a lot of tough teams....But anyway..My friend thinks he's going to come to Dyer Co but wasn't positive..I really hope he stays at Gibson..I know Dyersburg and Dyer Co has been having guys go back and forth but I don't like seeing a kid leaving a county he lives in..Same with the Flowers deal..Nobody liked the Flowers situation when he went to Dyer Co...Had a move been made..wouldn't have been a lot said..But with him living in Ridgely ,playing and hanging out with those guys,people were really mad on the Lake Co end..I just think a kid should play for his school or county and if for some reason,wanted to go play for another scholl..sit out a year..at least if he lives in one county and going to another without making a move....As far as the coaches..I thought Eddings was rumored to be quitting the Bradford job to get back in college coaching...I read somewhere that the family of the kid we're talking about were good friends with Coach Hopkins..That could play in the picture..maybe..lol..kinda like Hoosiers...As far as Whitby..don't believe that will happen..Has a strong club coming back,other things going on..just can't see that happening at all..

I didn't mean to make it sound like you were doubting me, my bad. The Hudson's are very close to Butch and Butch has helped John alot with his game. Butch came to ALOT of his Jr. High games this season. I heard that Eddings was wanting to get back into college too but I don't see that happening. His son is growing up and college ball takes LOTS of time. I've heard that Whitby has wanted to come to GC for a very long time now. I heard there was something with the old administration people whom are now gone. If you noticed back about 2 months ago there was a thread started on the "next GC coach". The person that started that name used the username of "lchscoach". Not saying that lchscoach is Whitby but it makes you think eh? It made me think. It would be VERY hard for him to have to leave Lake Co. with what he has returning too.

I didn't mean to make it sound like you were doubting me, my bad. The Hudson's are very close to Butch and Butch has helped John alot with his game. Butch came to ALOT of his Jr. High games this season. I heard that Eddings was wanting to get back into college too but I don't see that happening. His son is growing up and college ball takes LOTS of time. I've heard that Whitby has wanted to come to GC for a very long time now. I heard there was something with the old administration people whom are now gone. If you noticed back about 2 months ago there was a thread started on the "next GC coach". The person that started that name used the username of "lchscoach". Not saying that lchscoach is Whitby but it makes you think eh? It made me think. It would be VERY hard for him to have to leave Lake Co. with what he has returning too.

Do you think he would go to GC for 10k to 15k more a year. He may not at his age...just wondering.

If Whitby were younger now or if this job would have been open years ago before he went to Lake Co..I could see it happening..Not now though!

I don't see Coach Whitby going either, he has a strong group coming back his health is not so good his wife's health is not so good he only teaches part time at LC.

Coach Hopkins has had his nose in GC for a few years now you better believe if he has been going to Jr. high games he is interested in where those kids go in high school. If his health permits he might be the next coach at GC.

Just from what I have heard, Eddings wants back in college. I know people have said his kids are growing up but they were growing up when he coached college before. If he gets it it won't surprise me he is a bit quirky about stuff like this.

The next guy I heard about was Allen from Trenton. Does he have a good reason to leave Trenton?

What are the chances that they hire a first year guy or someone out of state? I know Harshaw was from out of state and the guy they hired my senior year was from out of state. (don't remember his name)

The coach we had before Coach Harshaw was Coach Scott Bowlin whom now coaches Green Co. Tech in Paragould Arkansas. Coach Bowlin won the 4A or 5A State Championship last year in Arkansas and his son Skyler Bowlin is now playing ball at Missouri Southern, I believe. Skyler played his Jr. High ball at Rutherford Jr. High and was very good. They moved to Arkansas at the start of his Freshman year.

I've heard about Coach Allen from Trenton. His daughter does attend Gibson Co. now and might be a worthy reason for leaving. I guess he might figure Gibson Co. could have a better chance of participating in 13AA than Trenton would in 14A. Trenton lost almost every player that played last year. Gibson Co. somewhat returns a few players.

I've noticed Coach Hopkins at ALOT of Gibson Co. and Jr. Pioneer ball games. I'll say one thing, IF Butch get's in at Gibson Co., you can bet on Hudson being and playing at Gibson Co.

The coach we had before Coach Harshaw was Coach Scott Bowlin whom now coaches Green Co. Tech in Paragould Arkansas. Coach Bowlin won the 4A or 5A State Championship last year in Arkansas and his son Skyler Bowlin is now playing ball at Missouri Southern, I believe. Skyler played his Jr. High ball at Rutherford Jr. High and was very good. They moved to Arkansas at the start of his Freshman year.

I've heard about Coach Allen from Trenton. His daughter does attend Gibson Co. now and might be a worthy reason for leaving. I guess he might figure Gibson Co. could have a better chance of participating in 13AA than Trenton would in 14A. Trenton lost almost every player that played last year. Gibson Co. somewhat returns a few players.

I've noticed Coach Hopkins at ALOT of Gibson Co. and Jr. Pioneer ball games. I'll say one thing, IF Butch get's in at Gibson Co., you can bet on Hudson being and playing at Gibson Co.

I saw GC 3 times over two years prior to this season and I thought Harshaw was an outstanding coach. They lost all three games but were well coached and left everything on the floor. They were disciplined and played hard. Give Harshaw some talent and I say he will win big. Wonder where he will surface??????

I'm pretty sure he's going back to Arkansas (where he's previously from) to coach. I know he had 3 different interviews awhile back. There's no doubt Coach Harshaw can coach. He knows the game well. Administration prohibited him from doing quite a few things. They weren't very lenient, that's for sure! I honestly don't blame him considering what had happened over the Summer. I hope Coach Harshaw does well wherever he ends up. I'll do my best to keep up with him as well as his team wherever he goes. Good Luck to him!

I don't see Coach Whitby going either, he has a strong group coming back his health is not so good his wife's health is not so good he only teaches part time at LC.

Coach Hopkins has had his nose in GC for a few years now you better believe if he has been going to Jr. high games he is interested in where those kids go in high school. If his health permits he might be the next coach at GC.

Just from what I have heard, Eddings wants back in college. I know people have said his kids are growing up but they were growing up when he coached college before. If he gets it it won't surprise me he is a bit quirky about stuff like this.

The next guy I heard about was Allen from Trenton. Does he have a good reason to leave Trenton?

What are the chances that they hire a first year guy or someone out of state? I know Harshaw was from out of state and the guy they hired my senior year was from out of state. (don't remember his name)

I don't know about Eddings, Hopkins or Whitby but NO WAY will it be Trenton's coach. He and GC would last about 2 days with each other and he likes Trenton. If he leaves there it will be Trenton's decision.