Trick Plays.

Took

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are some of the best trick plays you have seen or heard of? hidden ball trick etc.

Saw one ina JV game monday night were had Ooltewah had a runner on third and the batter faked the bunt, the whole Ooltewah team yelling squeeze as loud as the can, the catcher jumped at all the yelling, missed the ball and the run scored. pretty clever i think.

what are some of the best trick plays you have seen or heard of? hidden ball trick etc.

Everyone uses this one but it is still a good play works at times... runner on 1st & 3rd and the guy on 1st steals when the pitcher delivers and when it crosses the plate the catcher gets up and fires towards second the guy on 3rd starts towards home but what he failed to realize was the shortstop cutting the throw off from second to pick the guy off at home! Old Trick Play everyone uses but some how it still works!

Or the centerfield pick off move... where the centerfielder sneaks in to cover 2nd base for a pick off... rarely works but have seen it work in the past but in that case the 3rd base coach wasn't paying attention... not the smartest thing to do if centerfielder misses there goes a run!

Guest inappropriate87

with runners on first and third, have the runner at first take off running and fall. just after the runner falls, the runner on third takes off home because the pitcher is worried about getting the for sure out of the runner that has fallen.

Best I've ever seen was in a college game at UT in the 2001 NCAA regionals.

UT was playing Wake Forest, runner slides into second, beats the throw, and is safe. He stands up and is standing on the bag. Time has never been asked for. The UT short stop is holding the ball and asks the runner if he can step off the base so he can wipe it off. The idiot does, short slaps the tag on him, inning over.

I remember this one from a College World Series several years ago. Runner on first, defensive team is in the first base dugout. Pitcher is on the backside of the mound, perhaps just off the dirt, and fakes a throw to first. The first baseman dive for the "errant" throw and the bullpen along the right field line all jump up as if they are getting out of the way. The runner breaks for second -- the pitcher then flips the ball to second for the out. Anyone else remember seeing this one?

I remember this one from a College World Series several years ago. Runner on first, defensive team is in the first base dugout. Pitcher is on the backside of the mound, perhaps just off the dirt, and fakes a throw to first. The first baseman dive for the "errant" throw and the bullpen along the right field line all jump up as if they are getting out of the way. The runner breaks for second -- the pitcher then flips the ball to second for the out. Anyone else remember seeing this one?

Yeah I remember that but it was from a movie and Ken Griffey Jr. was the one in the movie that got tricked by the trick play... they had a sign for that play and even the grounds crew was in on it... That is 1 reason you never try to watch the ball!

Best I've ever seen was in a college game at UT in the 2001 NCAA regionals.

UT was playing Wake Forest, runner slides into second, beats the throw, and is safe. He stands up and is standing on the bag. Time has never been asked for. The UT short stop is holding the ball and asks the runner if he can step off the base so he can wipe it off. The idiot does, short slaps the tag on him, inning over.

McMinn Centrals 2nd baseman pulled this off against Kingston a few weeks back.