Sullivan South

You know what, that's true for East TN. But, outside of that, you ain't nothing more than "another East TN team" to the rest of the state. That's what I hear all the time when I'm in the Nashville or Memphis region. I actually try to bolster the East Tn rep by mentioning you guys as the winningest team, but most of the people that recognized you as that are dead and gone. The only people who still recognize you as that live right here in good ole East TN. Heck, it's sad, but they don't even give Oak Ridge much credit anymore. The only team people give any credit to in East TN is Maryville.

Admit it, you guys are nothing but sour grapes who are tired of playing second fiddle to the Indians--so just GET OVER IT!!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Most say Cassell is better than Sensabaugh? Easy for you to just say that. Sensabaugh played varsity at DB. Only one other person in 15 years has done that and it was not every down either. Also I would like to ask where are all the usual South fans that say DB steals players? Because since I have graduated, there have been at least 2 to 1 leaving DB to play at South because of more playing time. Another example of South fans forgetting what they say DB does all the time. If I were to speak as a normal South fan about DB with the roles reversed in this instance I would say, "Oh that Cassell boy, South stole them away from DB. If he had of played at DB, DB woulda won that many more games." I love this South thread. Hey, get your AD to play DB again and we will really see who is better.

I did not see anything in the prior post to justify you coming on to this thread and posting defensive statements.

I saw nothing that talked about DB stealing South's athletes. I welcome intellectual sharing of football knowledge, but don't understand your post-----------------given that I haven't gone thru all the other post in this thread.

I did not see anything in the prior post to justify you coming on to this thread and posting defensive statements.

I saw nothing that talked about DB stealing South's athletes. I welcome intellectual sharing of football knowledge, but don't understand your post-----------------given that I haven't gone thru all the other post in this thread.

Core, this argument is one for the ages. It actually started when time began...that would be 1980. But this particular battle began in the new order which was ushered in in 2005. The Curt Phillips Era. And erupted volcanically in 2006 before the bloodbath at J. Fred Johnson Stadium. Now to research this correctly you will need to go back and read all the pertinent archives from 2005 forward. Most of the current DB posters were still in training at that point. Bud of course being an old salt is old school and was a general at that time. He is now a diplomatic advisor. Anyway, if you care to do the research, it is pretty enlightening material.

I didn't realize that Fantasyland had a Colonial Heights address. Talk about one-man-teams: look no further than Curt Phillips. But now he is gone and it's time to come back to reality. As far as DB goes, it says a lot about your program when eveyone thinks you had a bad season after you finish 2nd in your conference and knock off perennial state power Oak Ridge in the playoffs. If you want to start up a new series with the tribe, I say bring it on. I'm sure the Indians would love to start a new 16-game winning streak!!!

PLs, TP and Redneck, pls take it off-line, or better yet meet in the parking lot and settle it one-on-one with a game of botchy ball. I get tired of hearing this South vs DB debate (the only way to settle that is on the field and that's not going to happen until 2010--save it till then)--you both sound like children. Let's get back to some intellectual grown-up football talk.

PLs, TP and Redneck, pls take it off-line, or better yet meet in the parking lot and settle it one-on-one with a game of botchy ball. I get tired of hearing this South vs DB debate (the only way to settle that is on the field and that's not going to happen until 2010--save it till then)--you both sound like children. Let's get back to some intellectual grown-up football talk.

Actually it's 2009.

Core, this argument is one for the ages. It actually started when time began...that would be 1980. But this particular battle began in the new order which was ushered in in 2005. The Curt Phillips Era. And erupted volcanically in 2006 before the bloodbath at J. Fred Johnson Stadium. Now to research this correctly you will need to go back and read all the pertinent archives from 2005 forward. Most of the current DB posters were still in training at that point. Bud of course being an old salt is old school and was a general at that time. He is now a diplomatic advisor. Anyway, if you care to do the research, it is pretty enlightening material.

Yes, I know the history--I don't have to go to the archives. It dismays me to see the South vs DB debate. The only way to settle this is on the field and we (the South Fan)--as much as I'd like to see it, will just have to wait.

But in the meantime---I have good friends at DB and I hate the negative rivalry that is present. It's just as much to blame on South idiots as it is on DB morons and it's childish. Some claim to be "just having fun". Well, maybe that's true, but they are not smart enough to realize that 90% of the readers don't know who they are and don't know their intent, and in the end just fuels the contempt.

Be realistic, folks, all of you----these are kids. They read this too!! They know who many of you are (oh, yes they do) and instead of gaining their respect and trust, you are losing them as someone they look up to.

Be a positive influence on your program, the entire communiity of NET and your student athletes.

No--I'm not Jesus Christ resurrected---just tired of seeing the negative posts. South, keep the thread informative.

Everyone else--it's a South Thread, if you want to talk about DB--go to the DB Thread.

Can we talk South Football??

Yes, I know the history--I don't have to go to the archives. It dismays me to see the South vs DB debate. The only way to settle this is on the field and we (the South Fan)--as much as I'd like to see it, will just have to wait.

But in the meantime---I have good friends at DB and I hate the negative rivalry that is present. It's just as much to blame on South idiots as it is on DB morons and it's childish. Some claim to be "just having fun". Well, maybe that's true, but they are not smart enough to realize that 90% of the readers don't know who they are and don't know their intent, and in the end just fuels the contempt.

Be realistic, folks, all of you----these are kids. They read this too!! They know who many of you are (oh, yes they do) and instead of gaining their respect and trust, you are losing them as someone they look up to.

Be a positive influence on your program, the entire communiity of NET and your student athletes.

No--I'm not Jesus Christ resurrected---just tired of seeing the negative posts. South, keep the thread informative.

Everyone else--it's a South Thread, if you want to talk about DB--go to the DB Thread.

Can we talk South Football??

AMEN