Sullivan South

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is my first offical post of '08. For those in the know can you tell me how spring practice is looking? Looking forward to this coming year. Go Blue!

Pigskin ParentsHere's the link to the Rebel calendar. The football meeting is April 17th with practice beginning April 28th. 7/7 is getting under way. Bradley has 4/5 solid receivers not counting the backfield. KK is a given. Watterson and Zanoni replace the speed lost in Martin. Garvin at TE is bank and Bedford at first assist. Watch for Little Phillips to play a multitude of positions. The issue is transitioning from Curt to Jeffers. I don't see problems. The backfield is set in stone with the line coming along nicely. The O will once again have major horsepower. And again building the defensive frontmen will be the work. I understand we are getting transfers...no details yet. The story will be whether Blanken continues at center or moves to TE. I say move him.

Pigskin ParentsHere's the link to the Rebel calendar. The football meeting is April 17th with practice beginning April 28th. 7/7 is getting under way. Bradley has 4/5 solid receivers not counting the backfield. KK is a given. Watterson and Zanoni replace the speed lost in Martin. Garvin at TE is bank and Bedford at first assist. Watch for Little Phillips to play a multitude of positions. The issue is transitioning from Curt to Jeffers. I don't see problems. The backfield is set in stone with the line coming along nicely. The O will once again have major horsepower. And again building the defensive frontmen will be the work. I understand we are getting transfers...no details yet. The story will be whether Blanken continues at center or moves to TE. I say move him.

Thank you compusatman! Keep those updates coming for me if you don't mind. I am really looking forward to this coming season. I think we will surprise alot of people that think we lost too much, with Curt, to be competitive. I appreciate the updates. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thank you compusatman! Keep those updates coming for me if you don't mind. I am really looking forward to this coming season. I think we will surprise alot of people that think we lost too much, with Curt, to be competitive. I appreciate the updates. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

83' the chemistry is already there. It will be another exciting year. Bradley's specialty is the long ball so don't miss a beat 'cause he will merge seamlessly into the O as if he were there all along. And after playing in the shadows of Curt he will be hungry for hammer time along with the Dr.! Curt is gone and this group has to prove they can stand on their own. They will be ready.

83' the chemistry is already there. It will be another exciting year. Bradley's specialty is the long ball so don't miss a beat 'cause he will merge seamlessly into the O as if he were there all along. And after playing in the shadows of Curt he will be hungry for hammer time along with the Dr.! Curt is gone and this group has to prove they can stand on their own. They will be ready.

Had to come by the South thread to see the latest on life after Curt. I was glad to see a couple of posters who did not disappoint.

If the schedule is the same as last year, RI-4A will come down to the last two Fridays - SS vs. Betsy, THS.

Glad to see Spring Practice getting started.

I was just thinking with the predictions if anyone thought back to last year .The varsity,jr varsity and freshman all winning the mountain lakes conference . I think we will be just fine without Curt,theres so much talent . So who do you think will be in the starting backfield with Jeffers and Fletcher? I think Taylor and Cassell will split time with Phillips coming in crunch times with any back above. We should be a great running team .The defence will be the thing to worry about . Oh, I failed to brag about our passing game ,It should be awsome also with a good QB and good recievers!! LOOKOUT WE MIGHT JUST WIN A FEW GAMES ,EVEN BETTER ANOTHER MOUNTAIN LAKES CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP !!!!!!!!! GO REBELS.

I was just thinking with the predictions if anyone thought back to last year .The varsity,jr varsity and freshman all winning the mountain lakes conference . I think we will be just fine without Curt,theres so much talent . So who do you think will be in the starting backfield with Jeffers and Fletcher? I think Taylor and Cassell will split time with Phillips coming in crunch times with any back above. We should be a great running team .The defence will be the thing to worry about . Oh, I failed to brag about our passing game ,It should be awsome also with a good QB and good recievers!! LOOKOUT WE MIGHT JUST WIN A FEW GAMES ,EVEN BETTER ANOTHER MOUNTAIN LAKES CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP !!!!!!!!! GO REBELS.

Welsome to the T and good luck in 08.

"Watch for Little Phillips to play a multitude of positions."

Have you seen "Little Phillips" lately? theres definately nothing little about him. The kid has swole up, weighing around 210 now. He will be much thicker than Curt. Look for him to be a monster on D and see time at RB with the Spin Doctor. Bradley is also coming along very well. South will definately be ready to bring home the 4-peat

So who do you think will be in the starting backfield with Jeffers and Fletcher? I think Taylor and Cassell will split time with Phillips coming in crunch times with any back above. We should be a great running team .The defence will be the thing to worry about . Oh, I failed to brag about our passing game ,It should be awsome also with a good QB and good recievers!! LOOKOUT WE MIGHT JUST WIN A FEW GAMES ,EVEN BETTER ANOTHER MOUNTAIN LAKES CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP !!!!!!!!! GO REBELS.

Answer to the backfield question: Jeffers at QB of course. Taylor "Spin Doctor" Fletcher will get the lion's shares of the carries, and deservedly so, with Bobby Taylor getting significant time in the backfield. I do also think Clint Phillips will be brought into the backfield in certain situations, but his true talent will end up being LB or DE. EastTnFootball10, Clint will have opposing offenses seeing "RED"!

Pardon me, but not sure who Cassell is. I assume he's a freshman. The speed is very different from freshman ball to varsity and few can make that leap. Also, there's plenty of talent at RB on the varstiy level and no room for him yet, so I'd say he'll need to cut his teeth on JV for a year. The class ahead of him, the current sophomore class, is just to deep and talented.

I also agree with EastTNFootball10, and I'm not gonna call Clint Phillps "little". Although, the "little" description was more in regards to him being younger, and not really referring to his size. Clint has a different build from older brother Curt and I think has the potential to be bigger his senior year (two years from now), but that just places his talents at a different position. In fact, several of the Rebels have packed on the muscle. LB Garvin is prob around 210 as well. WR Watterson is now around 180 and on the verge of running a sub 11sec 100M dash. Columbo, Beedle and Blanken look significantly bigger. I've also seen several of the other linemen during the offseason and can tell you that there is no longer a such thing as an "off season". The hogs are getting big, baby. I hear the're eating well too! Ervin may be at the Hot Dog Hut as we speak. Gonna make some holes and Fletcher just needs daylight.

Bradley will shine this season at QB as well, as he is now getting his day in the sun. He has a talented group of WRs in Kitzmiller, Watterson, and Zanoni. Need a 4th to step up to replace Bradley, but there's several potentials there. I do think the overall WR speed is being taken up a notch and the hands are fantastic. I think the Rebs potential for long balls and especially long runs after the catch has never been better. EastTNfootball10, do have any oppinions on the '08 backfield or wideout crew?

Garvin, Blanken, and Bedford give the Rebs depth at TE. Blanken will make plays regardless of where he lines up - TBD. This bunch has several players capable of playing at the next level in some form or fashion. Some college will get a steal out of Fletcher's services after his upcoming senior tour. Comp, who am I leaving out? I know I did and I apologize.

Best of all, there certainly is chemisty as Comp alluded to. A great deal has carried over from previous groups who have laid a foundation of pride and excellence. This is a tight bunch who are not used to losing games period. This group is not content where things ended last season, yet will not overlook anyone at any point in the season. They want the 4-peat. I think this will be a better balanced team as well, with many offensive options and a selfish D. I told Comp at the beginning of last season, I felt like the D-backfield may be the Rebs weakness in '07, and possibly some of that bunch were not in their ideal positions, which Maryville did exploit. But I think the Rebs will take things up a few notches this season in the secondary as well. Don't get me wrong, the Rebs and fans alike will miss Sandidge who graduates. Best cover corner I saw last season.

However 2008 goes, it'll be another exciting season.

Answer to the backfield question: Jeffers at QB of course. Taylor "Spin Doctor" Fletcher will get the lion's shares of the carries, and deservedly so, with Bobby Taylor getting significant time in the backfield. I do also think Clint Phillips will be brought into the backfield in certain situations, but his true talent will end up being LB or DE. EastTnFootball10, Clint will have opposing offenses seeing "RED"!

Pardon me, but not sure who Cassell is. I assume he's a freshman. The speed is very different from freshman ball to varsity and few can make that leap. Also, there's plenty of talent at RB on the varstiy level and no room for him yet, so I'd say he'll need to cut his teeth on JV for a year. The class ahead of him, the current sophomore class, is just to deep and talented.

I also agree with EastTNFootball10, and I'm not gonna call Clint Phillps "little". Although, the "little" description was more in regards to him being younger, and not really referring to his size. Clint has a different build from older brother Curt and I think has the potential to be bigger his senior year (two years from now), but that just places his talents at a different position. In fact, several of the Rebels have packed on the muscle. LB Garvin is prob around 210 as well. WR Watterson is now around 180 and on the verge of running a sub 11sec 100M dash. Columbo, Beedle and Blanken look significantly bigger. I've also seen several of the other linemen during the offseason and can tell you that there is no longer a such thing as an "off season". The hogs are getting big, baby. I hear the're eating well too! Ervin may be at the Hot Dog Hut as we speak. Gonna make some holes and Fletcher just needs daylight.

Bradley will shine this season at QB as well, as he is now getting his day in the sun. He has a talented group of WRs in Kitzmiller, Watterson, and Zanoni. Need a 4th to step up to replace Bradley, but there's several potentials there. I do think the overall WR speed is being taken up a notch and the hands are fantastic. I think the Rebs potential for long balls and especially long runs after the catch has never been better. EastTNfootball10, do have any oppinions on the '08 backfield or wideout crew?

Garvin, Blanken, and Bedford give the Rebs depth at TE. Blanken will make plays regardless of where he lines up - TBD. This bunch has several players capable of playing at the next level in some form or fashion. Some college will get a steal out of Fletcher's services after his upcoming senior tour. Comp, who am I leaving out? I know I did and I apologize.

Best of all, there certainly is chemisty as Comp alluded to. A great deal has carried over from previous groups who have laid a foundation of pride and excellence. This is a tight bunch who are not used to losing games period. This group is not content where things ended last season, yet will not overlook anyone at any point in the season. They want the 4-peat. I think this will be a better balanced team as well, with many offensive options and a selfish D. I told Comp at the beginning of last season, I felt like the D-backfield may be the Rebs weakness in '07, and possibly some of that bunch were not in their ideal positions, which Maryville did exploit. But I think the Rebs will take things up a few notches this season in the secondary as well. Don't get me wrong, the Rebs and fans alike will miss Sandidge who graduates. Best cover corner I saw last season.

I'LL tell you who CASSELL is he was the kid that came from DB. And he knows all about speed.He played along with SENSABAUGH at SEIVER most people say he's better and alot faster . And everyone knows what kind of season SENSABAUGH had right . I bet DB would love to have CASSELL and SENSABAUGH in the same backfield this year . I did'nt say that the CASSELL kid would be starting but he will get his share of carries .I believe he was ready last year .Heck he might even beat Bobby Taylor out. COACH CARTER always says he's going to put the best eleven on the field know matter what grade so lets just wait and see!!!!!!!!

Hades...practice hasn't even started yet and we got 6 All Staters! It's easy to get ahead of ourselves and I believe we are however it's been a long road with a heavy load. I think we all heaved a sigh watching Curt leave because we just didn't finish the job for him. Kind of like Payton Manning not winning the Heisman. The Maryville experience taught us one thing...that "we got this"! '08 is the last of the Hunter Jordan regime' and four years ago Stacy told me, "One step at a time". Well...it's time! We all know it...the team knows it. And fact is...By The Gods...we do have 6 All Staters.

As far as the D backfield Satch, I think we need to play man. Nobody in the state has the guts to play man. And that's why we should do it. Our DB's made some killer plays on sideline routes in '07. One more step and most of those killer plays would have been interceptions. We played too deep.

'04 had the gumption, '05 had the leadership, '06 had the raw talent, '07 had the discretionary power, and '08 has the Attitude. That Attitude is our limo.

Bradley will be in the top 5 QB's in the state. Our backfield...remember the 1972 Dolphins? i.e.(Mercury Morris, Jim Kick, and Larry Czonka) No matter who you liken them to they will live up to it. And hey, it's WR HS...what do you want? And Charlie Colombotino...who'd a thunk it? He will be awesome. And here's a revalation...I expect Harlan Jones to make a major impact. Defense? Shush...secret weapon. Beedle and the boys...they will be ready.

I see Stacy licking his chops and polishing his tools...he knows he's got a road crew. The most diversified group in Stacy's tenure. We have weaknesses but they are dissappearing quickly.

Gotta keep everybody healthy.