Sullivan South

Comp, realize you're talking to Mr. Carr himself. You're fast, son, with good instincts...too good to be on here tooting your own horn. That job belongs to us fans. Good luck in your preparation.

And since this is a South thread, I have to admit that you've got me very curious as to what 'running' oriented offense you have seen signs of, Comp. Great teams adjust to the strengths of their personel. Great programs train their players to fit their system. Are we on the verge of seeing a comprimise from the Rebels?

You stole my thunder....With all this talk about being a running team, has anyone been to a game in the last 3 years? The Rebs kind a like to throw it around....have you notice?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You stole my thunder....With all this talk about being a running team, has anyone been to a game in the last 3 years? The Rebs kind a like to throw it around....have you notice?

Yes, Jon, common sense would tell us that South will continue to throw the ball. A QB that has been waiting in the wings for 3 years, meanwhile he could have been starting for any program in NET including the Indians, and we are going to run the ball? Not to mention 3/4 WR's of the same calibre' South has employed for the past 3 years. And all this from an offense that the staff and players have come to master. Makes no sense that Stacy would change something that's not broken. We have 3 more able QB's waiting for their time in the Southern Sun. And WR's to go along with it. It will run dry at some point but presently it is solid for 4 years.

However, It is fact that we have 4 college calibre' RB's. What to do? Well I have already stated my view on this subect in a previous post in this thread. The fact is they can't be ignored. And they will get the ball. I don't think Bradley will run the ball half as much as Curt. And Bradley understands the pitch and it's intended purpose. But again they will not get 20 carries a game. And even if we put in a glorious running offense don't look for that to be our sole intended purpose. It will be simply to keep everyone honest and to make an attempt at keeping these RB's happy.

Yes, Jon, common sense would tell us that South will continue to throw the ball. A QB that has been waiting in the wings for 3 years, meanwhile he could have been starting for any program in NET including the Indians, and we are going to run the ball? Not to mention 3/4 WR's of the same calibre' South has employed for the past 3 years. And all this from an offense that the staff and players have come to master. Makes no sense that Stacy would change something that's not broken. We have 3 more able QB's waiting for their time in the Southern Sun. And WR's to go along with it. It will run dry at some point but presently it is solid for 4 years.

However, It is fact that we have 4 college calibre' RB's. What to do? Well I have already stated my view on this subect in a previous post in this thread. The fact is they can't be ignored. And they will get the ball. I don't think Bradley will run the ball half as much as Curt. And Bradley understands the pitch and it's intended purpose. But again they will not get 20 carries a game. And even if we put in a glorious running offense don't look for that to be our sole intended purpose. It will be simply to keep everyone honest and to make an attempt at keeping these RB's happy.

Comp, you keep me informed better than my own darn son! I've been traveling more the last 3 months than I've been at home but I'm getting it all out of the way for the best time of the year............Football time! I can't wait can you?! As for Bradley, I cannot wait for everyone outside our program to get a chance to see him play. Everyone has expected us to drop off since the departure of you know who, but I think we have a chance this year to go even farther. Bradley has waited patiently, some would say impatiently with all the transfer talk the last couple of years, but he hung around. And now is his time to shine. And shine he will. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Then, Heath will have his chance. They may just start calling us QB High!

Comp, you keep me informed better than my own darn son! I've been traveling more the last 3 months than I've been at home but I'm getting it all out of the way for the best time of the year............Football time! I can't wait can you?! As for Bradley, I cannot wait for everyone outside our program to get a chance to see him play. Everyone has expected us to drop off since the departure of you know who, but I think we have a chance this year to go even farther. Bradley has waited patiently, some would say impatiently with all the transfer talk the last couple of years, but he hung around. And now is his time to shine. And shine he will. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Then, Heath will have his chance. They may just start calling us QB High!

Bradley has one shot...no room for mistakes. That is pressure. Nobody has a clue what we have or what he is capable of. Once again we are underestimated...an enviable position. He is some kind of Man for staying.

Spring has sprung and it will be status quo. Stacy will spend the whole of Spring drills and beyond perfecting the QB/WR relationship. There will be no evidence whatsoever of a running offense. It will not be seen or heard from until we are on the bermuda and he feels the need to pull a rabbit out of the perverbial hat...David Copperfield style. Everyone will be convinced...once again...that the Airforce is all we got...and then wham!!!Out come the Galdiators weilding swords of fury, salivating the froth of impending terror, anticipating the salty flavor of the blood of a ground campaign...as only the chained and caged dogs of war could ferver. Then and only then will the bitter blood-thirsty attitude of the '08 Rebels be understood. Long live Curt Phillips and the noble responsibility he has empowered the '08 Rebels to live for. Our time is near. The fever is immanent. Our goal is mortified. The spoiled flavor of intended victory seasoned with the bitter spice of disasterous defeat must be our sustinance for a short while longer. The sweet taste of victory has been commisioned to us...and succeed we must. Rebel Nation.

Bradley has one shot...no room for mistakes. That is pressure. Nobody has a clue what we have or what he is capable of. Once again we are underestimated...an enviable position. He is some kind of Man for staying.

Spring has sprung and it will be status quo. Stacy will spend the whole of Spring drills and beyond perfecting the QB/WR relationship. There will be no evidence whatsoever of a running offense. It will not be seen or heard from until we are on the bermuda and he feels the need to pull a rabbit out of the perverbial hat...David Copperfield style. Everyone will be convinced...once again...that the Airforce is all we got...and then wham!!!Out come the Galdiators weilding swords of fury, salivating the froth of impending terror, anticipating the salty flavor of the blood of a ground campaign...as only the chained and caged dogs of war could ferver. Then and only then will the bitter blood-thirsty attitude of the '08 Rebels be understood. Long live Curt Phillips and the noble responsibility he has empowered the '08 Rebels to live for. Our time is near. The fever is immanent. Our goal is mortified. The spoiled flavor of intended victory seasoned with the bitter spice of disasterous defeat must be our sustinance for a short while longer. The sweet taste of victory has been commisioned to us...and succeed we must. Rebel Nation.

Comp, you have missed your calling. You should have been a fiction writer of novels covering the wars in the days of gladiators. Love your descriptive style! Bradley is indeed more of a man than I would have been to wait patiently behind a great player and person in Curt Phillips. The Rebels will have plenty of firepower next season, and if the work ethic of this group of kids is an indicator----Plenty of wins!! Rebel Nation!!

Comp, you have missed your calling. You should have been a fiction writer of novels covering the wars in the days of gladiators. Love your descriptive style! Bradley is indeed more of a man than I would have been to wait patiently behind a great player and person in Curt Phillips. The Rebels will have plenty of firepower next season, and if the work ethic of this group of kids is an indicator----Plenty of wins!! Rebel Nation!!

MountainMan, I agree, Comp missed his calling. But I agree with Comp I believe that the South boys are out to make a statement,,And yes they have great work ethics I believe this is a great bunch of talented kids ready to explode!!!! I ca'nt wait to see Jeffers run the offense for he will have alot of firepower to choose from.The only thing that worries me is our defense,well I guess we will just have to put alot of points on the scoreboard. I ca'nt wait to get started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GET IT ROCKING REBEL NATION!!!!!

MountainMan, I agree, Comp missed his calling. But I agree with Comp I believe that the South boys are out to make a statement,,And yes they have great work ethics I believe this is a great bunch of talented kids ready to explode!!!! I ca'nt wait to see Jeffers run the offense for he will have alot of firepower to choose from.The only thing that worries me is our defense,well I guess we will just have to put alot of points on the scoreboard. I ca'nt wait to get started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GET IT ROCKING REBEL NATION!!!!!

I wouldn't worry about the D. Plenty of headhunters. They'll be fine. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Your worried about the D because in '07 it is what killed us. And all the rest of the MLC look at us as weak because of that. Ty Garvin's name got locked in the radar last year. I know, every tackle he made was 4-7 yrds deep but still he is a natural. You will see his new set of fangs this year. Along with Clint Phillips. Caleb Anderson is coming back to where he should have been all along...he finally realized that basketball at South is a haunted sport...with the current coaching staff anyway. Caleb Anderson will be the '08 version of JD. Pay attention. With Caleb & TJ at DE's, #5 and #33 at LB's there's only 2 slots to fill. Granted, two large slots. Replacing Rasnake and his cohort as the downlinemen will be key to the success of our D. But when all is said and done the '08 D will rival the '06 D. That is a tall statement but I will stand by it. With Colombo, Watterson, KK, and Zanoni that only leaves one weak link. And that would be Fletcher. He played mediocre' D in '07. He is backed up into a corner for '08 and he knows it. In my view he plays best under pressure so heat it up. Fletcher and Jeffers are in the hot spot for '08 It's make it or break it for the two of them. I feel their finest hour is at hand.

So don't worry about the D too awfully much because I think you will be surprised. I'm sorry...this is the year! The diversification of the O, three potential All Staters on D, a third year kicker, a third year punter...it's now or never.

THS and 'Betsy will field their best teams in years in '08. They both feel South is number 3. A 14th game exit. No Curt. One WR and one O lineman. They're done. That's how we are viewed. I know of a couple of people that get PO'd when they hear this stuff. Bring it. Rebel Nation.

Your worried about the D because in '07 it is what killed us. And all the rest of the MLC look at us as weak because of that. Ty Garvin's name got locked in the radar last year. I know, every tackle he made was 4-7 yrds deep but still he is a natural. You will see his new set of fangs this year. Along with Clint Phillips. Caleb Anderson is coming back to where he should have been all along...he finally realized that basketball at South is a haunted sport...with the current coaching staff anyway. Caleb Anderson will be the '08 version of JD. Pay attention. With Caleb & TJ at DE's, #5 and #33 at LB's there's only 2 slots to fill. Granted, two large slots. Replacing Rasnake and his cohort as the downlinemen will be key to the success of our D. But when all is said and done the '08 D will rival the '06 D. That is a tall statement but I will stand by it. With Colombo, Watterson, KK, and Zanoni that only leaves one weak link. And that would be Fletcher. He played mediocre' D in '07. He is backed up into a corner for '08 and he knows it. In my view he plays best under pressure so heat it up. Fletcher and Jeffers are in the hot spot for '08 It's make it or break it for the two of them. I feel their finest hour is at hand.

So don't worry about the D too awfully much because I think you will be surprised. I'm sorry...this is the year! The diversification of the O, three potential All Staters on D, a third year kicker, a third year punter...it's now or never.

THS and 'Betsy will field their best teams in years in '08. They both feel South is number 3. A 14th game exit. No Curt. One WR and one O lineman. They're done. That's how we are viewed. I know of a couple of people that get PO'd when they hear this stuff. Bring it. Rebel Nation.

Hey,Comp that sounds like a awesome defense.But do you think Stacy will chance getting Fletcher hurt I mean Jeffers and Fletcher are going to carry the offense , and though we have alot of good backs Fletcher has got to be there to lead the younger backs. I know KK, will be one of the recievers who will be the others ,Watterson,Colombo,, And do you have any idea who's going in Rasnake's place ? THS and 'Betsy will have very good teams this year,but I still believe we can take them,Hey alot of teams think because Curts gone that South is done,well keep thinking that way. Ha!Ha! If you got it you got it and If you do'nt you do'nt.

Hey,Comp that sounds like a awesome defense.But do you think Stacy will chance getting Fletcher hurt I mean Jeffers and Fletcher are going to carry the offense , and though we have alot of good backs Fletcher has got to be there to lead the younger backs. I know KK, will be one of the recievers who will be the others ,Watterson,Colombo,, And do you have any idea who's going in Rasnake's place ? THS and 'Betsy will have very good teams this year,but I still believe we can take them,Hey alot of teams think because Curts gone that South is done,well keep thinking that way. Ha!Ha! If you got it you got it and If you do'nt you do'nt.

I think this: I have a very vague idea who the D down linemen will be. Volman chime in. It is probably the two most important decisions to be made for the '08 Rebels. Beedle will not be the first choice. We need him for the O first and foremost. I feel the Texas/Boone transfer, Ricky Neely, Ryan Halverson, McGlothlin...I mean this will probably be one of most attentive of placements of Spring practice. So I can't take this choice lightly.

The WR's/DB's in my view are KK, Zanoni, Watterson, Columbo. Then you have Gibson, Moretz (transfer), Bedford, Riddle...I've left two out. I see Bedford getting the 4th slot WR. I see the rest as DB's.

Last year I called for the Dr. to be repositioned to Rover, Dog, Free Safety...whatever you want to call it. He doesn't have the dicipline to play LB. But he does have the ability to be a back door man. Let him run free and he will wreak havoc. That won't happen. So no I don't think Stacy will let him play D and with that said, I will go with Harlan Jones as his D replacement. Everyone will disagree and say put Bobbeye at LB and be done with it. I can't argue. But I will take Jones. I like TJ at DE. But I also like Ryan Fuller at C. Stacy won't let TJ go both ways if at all possible. That means someone else at DE. That means Phillips. Now we need two LB's.

Offense is easy. The Dr. will be a leader. He is loud and proud. Curt kept him in check. But not even Curt would be able to contain him in '08. And that's a good thing. He will be the attitude. As far as leading the RB's...I spoke with Bobeye and I could tell he had respect. That says much coming from a ball carrier with similar abilities...similar...not identical. Plain and simply Fletcher needs to go back to the old days of his career. In '07 he used the spin. Yeah, it's his signature move...but it is not all he can do. If you have followed him from middle school you know what I'm speaking of. He's a hurdler. But He was stopped by to many shoestring tackles in '07. He has a tool box...he just needs to use it. My view on Fletcher is He is a very good RB...but for just a Token he could be a Great RB. The determining factor will be if he can get in touch with his roots. Stacy has given him the freedom so it's up to him. I think Clint and Bobbeye will push Fletcher and that will be a good thing. In the event of injury I feel we have the RB's to go west with. But Fletcher is the one with the breakaway ability. All this talk leaves Cassell out and only because I have not witnessed his ability. We'll see.

KK is the most resilient player on the team. So I see him going both ways.

As far as Bristol and 'Betsy...in their view we are already beat. The odds are totally against us. No Curt...no home field...no D. With Science Hill on the road as well we have to be just that...A road crew. A road crew needs Leadership...and Attitude. We'll see. Rebel Nation.

I think this: I have a very vague idea who the D down linemen will be. Volman chime in. It is probably the two most important decisions to be made for the '08 Rebels. Beedle will not be the first choice. We need him for the O first and foremost. I feel the Texas/Boone transfer, Ricky Neely, Ryan Halverson, McGlothlin...I mean this will probably be one of most attentive of placements of Spring practice. So I can't take this choice lightly.

The WR's/DB's in my view are KK, Zanoni, Watterson, Columbo. Then you have Gibson, Moretz (transfer), Bedford, Riddle...I've left two out. I see Bedford getting the 4th slot WR. I see the rest as DB's.

Last year I called for the Dr. to be repositioned to Rover, Dog, Free Safety...whatever you want to call it. He doesn't have the dicipline to play LB. But he does have the ability to be a back door man. Let him run free and he will wreak havoc. That won't happen. So no I don't think Stacy will let him play D and with that said, I will go with Harlan Jones as his D replacement. Everyone will disagree and say put Bobbeye at LB and be done with it. I can't argue. But I will take Jones. I like TJ at DE. But I also like Ryan Fuller at C. Stacy won't let TJ go both ways if at all possible. That means someone else at DE. That means Phillips. Now we need two LB's.

Offense is easy. The Dr. will be a leader. He is loud and proud. Curt kept him in check. But not even Curt would be able to contain him in '08. And that's a good thing. He will be the attitude. As far as leading the RB's...I spoke with Bobeye and I could tell he had respect. That says much coming from a ball carrier with similar abilities...similar...not identical. Plain and simply Fletcher needs to go back to the old days of his career. In '07 he used the spin. Yeah, it's his signature move...but it is not all he can do. If you have followed him from middle school you know what I'm speaking of. He's a hurdler. But He was stopped by to many shoestring tackles in '07. He has a tool box...he just needs to use it. My view on Fletcher is He is a very good RB...but for just a Token he could be a Great RB. The determining factor will be if he can get in touch with his roots. Stacy has given him the freedom so it's up to him. I think Clint and Bobbeye will push Fletcher and that will be a good thing. In the event of injury I feel we have the RB's to go west with. But Fletcher is the one with the breakaway ability. All this talk leaves Cassell out and only because I have not witnessed his ability. We'll see.

KK is the most resilient player on the team. So I see him going both ways.

As far as Bristol and 'Betsy...in their view we are already beat. The odds are totally against us. No Curt...no home field...no D. With Science Hill on the road as well we have to be just that...A road crew. A road crew needs Leadership...and Attitude. We'll see. Rebel Nation.

Comp, we must be hearing some different talk of course you can here it all at this point but I here the kid from Texas is a long way off, I heard that he needs to build some strength. And for Clint I heard they were just going to use him in the backfield in special situation's thats what I heard,who knows, thats some good wr's and db's you named by the way.

Comp, we must be hearing some different talk of course you can here it all at this point but I here the kid from Texas is a long way off, I heard that he needs to build some strength. And for Clint I heard they were just going to use him in the backfield in special situation's thats what I heard,who knows, thats some good wr's and db's you named by the way.

I heard the exact same thing. But the size of Texas can't be ignored. And Clint for special situations is what I heard also. But I followed Clint from 7th grade on and as a Frosh he had learned how to bulldog with both hands on the ball...Chris Collins style. Collins didn't get the chance to show it because we don't have a traditional running O but he was the classic FB. And in a traditional under center O he would have been a handful. Clint will take that style to the next level...he is powerful. If he learns the coveted 6 RB techniques then he will be in the backfield with the Dr. Yes, D will be his claim to fame but I see offense in his future. I hear the same things you know...I just have my own view of how it will play out. Will I be right? No. But I should be.