Sullivan South

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a pretty good shot...much easier on me than I thought I would get. But you are much more gracious than I can be at times.

Likewise, with all due respect. Nowhere did I say the game "only benefited South", I stated it was more beneficial to South than DB because I have seen the Oak Ridge, science hill, THS, Sevier County, Montgomery Bell, etc. sides pretty full consistantly in non playoff games. And South fans weren't really packing the visitors side in '04, '02, etc. Winning breeds crowds for sure. I would match the Montgomery Bell game crowd up with any crowd. I judge a crowd by how far I have to park and walk and there have been others besides South in '06. I never said "DB was too good to play South". Just as you have heard all your life what you have heard, I have also heard the "you should win with all the money and kids and BMWs and field house and field turf". Honestly, we hear alot but remember what we want....I'm guilty of that as well.

I correct myself, the decision didn't blow up just for the very reasons you stated. That '06 game took it's toll physically and emotionally on the South players AND fans and it seemed like a few weeks went by before they got back off the mat. And for that it was a good move. But for the psyche of the program it has to be a blow to say "we built this game as THE GAME and got it handed to us, so now we will cancel this game in the future as well as the JV/Freshman games immediately". I'm sure Stacey being the player he was had that mind set nor the players. And we will agree to disagree about the Science Hill/South crowd. I've seen more fans from the Morristown schools over there and in '05 I had to sit on the home side *gasp* /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> ! I guess what irks me is that the '05 game was hyped hyped hyped by both sides and then when the walls fell in South took there ball and went home AND THEN there was the mis information that DB cancelled it, then it was over DB withholding tickets, etc. Those were all bunk and layed out to shift the truth...talk about looking in the mirror.

I do have to say though, it seems only appropriate that South/DB should be the first football game on the new turf. That only seems logical to me but it won't be. I think there will be some interested ADs over the next few years chceking on the wear and tear of this new surface and it's impact on the kids (injuries) and this may be the first of many in the area. I could see Death Valley wearing a new field in the next few years. That and a little update to the potties and that would be a real treasure on Moreland. See I aint all bad.

I do have to say though, it seems only appropriate that South/DB should be the first football game on the new turf. That only seems logical to me but it won't be. Did you just say...no...no way...you of all people...you actually do care...no it's a ploy...it's a trick...quick check you bank account...where are the women and children...batten down the hatches, it's an ambush...It's not Blue & Grey it's Maroonandgrey. I should have known better. Back to your posts.

That is a pretty good shot...much easier on me than I thought I would get. But you are much more gracious than I can be at times.

Likewise, with all due respect. Nowhere did I say the game "only benefited South", I stated it was more beneficial to South than DB because I have seen the Oak Ridge, science hill, THS, Sevier County, Montgomery Bell, etc. sides pretty full consistantly in non playoff games. And South fans weren't really packing the visitors side in '04, '02, etc. Winning breeds crowds for sure. I would match the Montgomery Bell game crowd up with any crowd. I judge a crowd by how far I have to park and walk and there have been others besides South in '06. I never said "DB was too good to play South". Just as you have heard all your life what you have heard, I have also heard the "you should win with all the money and kids and BMWs and field house and field turf". Honestly, we hear alot but remember what we want....I'm guilty of that as well.

I correct myself, the decision didn't blow up just for the very reasons you stated. That '06 game took it's toll physically and emotionally on the South players AND fans and it seemed like a few weeks went by before they got back off the mat. And for that it was a good move. But for the psyche of the program it has to be a blow to say "we built this game as THE GAME and got it handed to us, so now we will cancel this game in the future as well as the JV/Freshman games immediately". I'm sure Stacey being the player he was had that mind set nor the players. And we will agree to disagree about the Science Hill/South crowd. I've seen more fans from the Morristown schools over there and in '05 I had to sit on the home side *gasp* /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> ! I guess what irks me is that the '05 game was hyped hyped hyped by both sides and then when the walls fell in South took there ball and went home AND THEN there was the mis information that DB cancelled it, then it was over DB withholding tickets, etc. Those were all bunk and layed out to shift the truth...talk about looking in the mirror.

I do have to say though, it seems only appropriate that South/DB should be the first football game on the new turf. That only seems logical to me but it won't be. I think there will be some interested ADs over the next few years chceking on the wear and tear of this new surface and it's impact on the kids (injuries) and this may be the first of many in the area. I could see Death Valley wearing a new field in the next few years. That and a little update to the potties and that would be a real treasure on Moreland. See I aint all bad.

I don't think your bad at all. Just don't tell anyone I said that! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I do have to say though, it seems only appropriate that South/DB should be the first football game on the new turf. That only seems logical to me but it won't be. Did you just say...no...no way...you of all people...you actually do care...no it's a ploy...it's a trick...quick check you bank account...where are the women and children...batten down the hatches, it's an ambush...It's not Blue & Grey it's Maroonandgrey. I should have known better. Back to your posts.

I didn't say that if the series was still running it wouldn't be great, just that since it went down the way it did then I say so be it. I hold a grudge easily (obviously I feel Compton does as well considering the way he conducted himself at the South/DB bball game). Hey it could have been South/DB to christen the new field, just remember who made the call. It would have made the '06 game look like a pee-wee crowd.

I don't think your bad at all. Just don't tell anyone I said that! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

uh..i think you just did

I don't see artificial turf going in at any Sullivan County school for many years. Tight school budgets and declining enrollment is going to dictate that, unless of course there are some large private donations made.

I didn't say that if the series was still running it wouldn't be great, just that since it went down the way it did then I say so be it. I hold a grudge easily (obviously I feel Compton does as well considering the way he conducted himself at the South/DB bball game). Hey it could have been South/DB to christen the new field, just remember who made the call. It would have made the '06 game look like a pee-wee crowd.uh..i think you just did

Hey it could have been South/DB to christen the new field, just remember who made the call. It would have made the '06 game look like a pee-wee crowd. That never occured to me. What a dissappointment. It's like your old girlfriend taking someone else to the prom.

Hey it could have been South/DB to christen the new field, just remember who made the call. It would have made the '06 game look like a pee-wee crowd. That never occured to me. What a dissappointment. It's like your old girlfriend taking someone else to the prom.

HEY Did you know my old girlfriend?! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Comp, how is spring practice going ? I've heard bits and pieces,,I heard that Jordan Cassell and Bobby Taylor had one heck of a collision,I heard they both got concussion's,,Cassell and BTaylor had to sit out Thurs,and Fridays practice.

I've only been to one practice. I talked to Bobbeye and he is fine. I think they will be back tomorrow. Bobbeye might be short but he is a depth charge when he hits you. Some awfully good doggone RB's...and Clint ain't even there yet. I know we are the Airforce but son we got some RB's. Bradley's on steriods. It will be very difficult to defend against this Rebel O. Too many options to key on any one person. There is this attitude out there. Brutal. They are all fired up. Volunteer is Friday. I guess we will see. But you know...it's one week of spring drills...we got a ways to go so you have to take it with a grain of sand. Bradley can't really open fire yet. I will try to be at practice all this week.

If I was a South fan I would be psyched about the addition of Duke Moretz to the team. I see him being able to step in and help signifigantly at either WR,Safety,or even Outside Linebacker.

My understanding is that Moretz is psyched about being on the Rebel squad. I also understand that he is fitting in nicely. Time will tell. I heard names tossed around about the DB transfers...anybody have confirmation.