Sullivan South

I'll be the one handing out the awards here Mo-Ron. You must be bipolar, one post you pull for DB, the next post your a South fan and you hate DB. You know less about area football than any poster I have seen on these boards. And you dodged my question earlier, what do you base your claim on that South could beat DB. (remember 2006) /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Now its for sure you just won the JACKASS of the year award so...CONGRATS you just keep on stacking up awards for being a little kid ######!!!!! And I don't think that I ever said that I hated DB so don't be starting stuff on me little prickie.And to not have any knowledge of the game as you say, I believe that about 80% of the kids on DB's roster I have something to do with...SO who are you Coach of America ? I bet all the area coaches call you and ask for advice..ha!ha! As to why I think South would beat DB thats simple way more talent and the reason I know is because I've seen both sides talent wise and I just think South has passed DB,lets see South has 4 very good qb's Heath Haden,Bradly Davenport,ST,Claire,Moretz and how many does DB have Crawford and Roop.Lets see running backs South has the DR.Fletcher Bobby Taylor ,Jordan Cassell,Clint Phillips,and who does DB have Chris Sensabaugh and who else because you know they tried Sylvester there and it just didn't work out...wait a minute thats the reason Chris got his call up to the varsity to start with because the offense stunk so bad..but that turned out to be a good call...but it was against there weakest teams.Lets see recievers South has KK,Wattererson,Zanoni,Garvin,Colombo,Bedford heck there's more but I guess thats enough so lets add up DB's Justin Sylvester,maybe Sterling Throp,and you can't say Derrick Steele because he's to afraid of getting hit I don't think football is for him.Lets go on the defense side South has Ricky Neely,TJ Blanken,Clint Phillips,Ty Garvin,Ryan Halverson then you got the DR,KK,Taylor,Columbo,Zanoni,Hicks,Bedford,Watterson,Conaway and then there's DB's side Will Bateman,Curtis Collins,Sylvester,maybe Jordan Lawson and,and thats all I can think of on DB's defense if you have anymore let us know...SO THEN TALENT AGAINST TALENT I THINK SOUTH has passed DB up. AND THAT IS THE GOSPEL OF THE REDNECK....AND YOU CAN LIKE OR NOT. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now its for sure you just won the JACKASS of the year award so...CONGRATS you just keep on stacking up awards for being a little kid ######!!!!! And I don't think that I ever said that I hated DB so don't be starting stuff on me little prickie.And to not have any knowledge of the game as you say, I believe that about 80% of the kids on DB's roster I have something to do with...SO who are you Coach of America ? I bet all the area coaches call you and ask for advice..ha!ha! As to why I think South would beat DB thats simple way more talent and the reason I know is because I've seen both sides talent wise and I just think South has passed DB,lets see South has 4 very good qb's Heath Haden,Bradly Davenport,ST,Claire,Moretz and how many does DB have Crawford and Roop.Lets see running backs South has the DR.Fletcher Bobby Taylor ,Jordan Cassell,Clint Phillips,and who does DB have Chris Sensabaugh and who else because you know they tried Sylvester there and it just didn't work out...wait a minute thats the reason Chris got his call up to the varsity to start with because the offense stunk so bad..but that turned out to be a good call...but it was against there weakest teams.Lets see recievers South has KK,Wattererson,Zanoni,Garvin,Colombo,Bedford heck there's more but I guess thats enough so lets add up DB's Justin Sylvester,maybe Sterling Throp,and you can't say Derrick Steele because he's to afraid of getting hit I don't think football is for him.Lets go on the defense side South has Ricky Neely,TJ Blanken,Clint Phillips,Ty Garvin,Ryan Halverson then you got the DR,KK,Taylor,Columbo,Zanoni,Hicks,Bedford,Watterson,Conaway and then there's DB's side Will Bateman,Curtis Collins,Sylvester,maybe Jordan Lawson and,and thats all I can think of on DB's defense if you have anymore let us know...SO THEN TALENT AGAINST TALENT I THINK SOUTH has passed DB up. AND THAT IS THE GOSPEL OF THE REDNECK....AND YOU CAN LIKE OR NOT. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

You wasted alot of time posting that garbage. Sounds just like the garbage coming out of South just before the 2006 game. DB - 45 South -0. How many games in a row did DB win before South gave it up? You should worry about Tennessee High (a team that you probably can't beat) instead of DB (a team you definatly can't beat)

Are you on any type of medication?

Welcome back. I always enjoy the SS thread.

Some reality:

The reason Waco is on this thread all the time is that it is the most entertaining in the Region. All that is on the D-B thread is the Matt Crawford watch.

Sensibaugh is the best RB prospect to come out of NET in recent memory. Note I said prospect as his development must continue as both a player and student. Recall D-B had a young stud tailback a few years ago who never played a down as Jr - Sr (Xavier something).

South whipping a Volunteer team which will finish out of the playoffs in R-II 4A does not mean a lot.

I think most people who know football did not pick SS to beat D-B in '06. In fact, the '06 D-B team was highly touted. There were some who thought '05 could have been the year, and it almost was.

The truth is out about the canceling of the D-B / SS game. CoachT was behind it. The cancellation has boosted their internet traffic 50% as both sides can argue about what might happen all year along where in the past everything was pretty well settled on the field by Labor Day.

One of the locally big stories is the Moretz kid's departure from Central to SS. This does not bode well for the Cougars. Anyone know the story on this?

Actually what draws me in is the mention of DB or any of their players on a thread. You can always count on South "fans" to be talking about DB.

You don't have to worry about Sensabaugh going the route of Scaggs, and yes he is the best RB prospect to come along in this area in a long time.

Your right, most people that know football did not pick South over DB in 2006. But we're talking about South fans here (not all of them however)

Their getting real excited about beating Volunteer in a scrimmage and getting a transfer from Central. WOW!

I don't know alot about the "truth" regarding all the posts on the "scoop" about why the series between DB and South has been cancelled.... but I can tell you that.... the topic of DB withholding tickets for the last game IS A FACT! I (PERSONALY) went to the office at DB and purchased tickets to sell at South for the fans and students! If I had not done that ...no /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> tickets would have been available for the South student OR fans! THAT IS FACT! Even I could NOT believe that DB had not given South any tickets.... but when I showed up at 8 am on the day before the game and said I wanted 500 hundred tickets.... the DB people almost croaked! (and I must say, I did pay for the tickets in $1 dollar bills! I enjoyed watching them count those bills!) Ha! Then later that afternoon, people went to DB , not knowing that South DID have tickets and the people in the athletic office were not willing to sell more tickets because... south already had tickets.... Lets just say... there is ALOT of BS floating around about why the series was cancelled.... South has their version, and DB has theirs....the real TRUTH is definately lost somewhere in the middle! I am glad that they are no longer playing.... when kids start getting arrested.... then the rivalry has gone too far!

How's the D looking this year?? We are not going to let K. Sheppard or D. Carr run all over us are we?? I seen them both run track and Carr is a machine and Sheppard isn't too bad himself.. Why were they the only RB's to find success lasy year on us? Buckle up Rebels and Quit worrying about people we don't play. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

How's the D looking this year?? We are not going to let K. Sheppard or D. Carr run all over us are we?? I seen them both run track and Carr is a machine and Sheppard isn't too bad himself.. Why were they the only RB's to find success lasy year on us? Buckle up Rebels and Quit worrying about people we don't play. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good advice /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't know alot about the "truth" regarding all the posts on the "scoop" about why the series between DB and South has been cancelled.... but I can tell you that.... the topic of DB withholding tickets for the last game IS A FACT! I (PERSONALY) went to the office at DB and purchased tickets to sell at South for the fans and students! If I had not done that ...no /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> tickets would have been available for the South student OR fans! THAT IS FACT! Even I could NOT believe that DB had not given South any tickets.... but when I showed up at 8 am on the day before the game and said I wanted 500 hundred tickets.... the DB people almost croaked! (and I must say, I did pay for the tickets in $1 dollar bills! I enjoyed watching them count those bills!) Ha! Then later that afternoon, people went to DB , not knowing that South DID have tickets and the people in the athletic office were not willing to sell more tickets because... south already had tickets.... Lets just say... there is ALOT of BS floating around about why the series was cancelled.... South has their version, and DB has theirs....the real TRUTH is definately lost somewhere in the middle! I am glad that they are no longer playing.... when kids start getting arrested.... then the rivalry has gone too far!

"IF" it is true that DB withheld tickets then those not being able to get tickets should be grateful they didn't have to witness the slauter. By the way, I don't remember, was this game a sellout?

The '06 game was built up by South to be "THE GAME". They were going to "STOMP" DB once and for all. One of two things happened. They were going to pull a Greenville (first win over DB in 32 yrs.), win the game and then cancel the series thus giving them bragging rights from now on, or they got mad because they got beat so bad (45-0) and decited not to play again. Either way I like the fact that DB replaced South with William Blount as we can expect a tough game every year instead of every 5 years. Even a loss to WB in regular season is better than a easy win over South. I know it makes you South fans mad to here this, but you know its true.

"IF" it is true that DB withheld tickets then those not being able to get tickets should be grateful they didn't have to witness the slauter. By the way, I don't remember, was this game a sellout?

The '06 game was built up by South to be "THE GAME". They were going to "STOMP" DB once and for all. One of two things happened. They were going to pull a Greenville (first win over DB in 32 yrs.), win the game and then cancel the series thus giving them bragging rights from now on, or they got mad because they got beat so bad (45-0) and decited not to play again. Either way I like the fact that DB replaced South with William Blount as we can expect a tough game every year instead of every 5 years. Even a loss to WB in regular season is better than a easy win over South. I know it makes you South fans mad to here this, but you know its true.

If South had won the 2006 game, it would not have been a "once-and-for-all stomping."

Though it has been a while, the mighty Indians have been stomped by the Rebels before. I do agree that the series has not been nearly as competitive the last 10-12 years as it was the first 15 years. I also agree that DB needed to shake up their schedule, because they are a true testament to the statement - "Regular season wins do not equal playoff wins."

If South had won the 2006 game, it would not have been a "once-and-for-all stomping."

Though it has been a while, the mighty Indians have been stomped by the Rebels before. I do agree that the series has not been nearly as competitive the last 10-12 years as it was the first 15 years. I also agree that DB needed to shake up their schedule, because they are a true testament to the statement - "Regular season wins do not equal playoff wins."

So are you saying if South had won the game they wouldn't have droped DB from their schedule?

Yes along about the time G. Clark became head coach the tide turned against you. Your right about the schedule but it wasn't really the coaching staffs fault. Sevier Co., Jefferson Co., Bearden were all at one time a big test for anyone in the state. They have really fallen off in recent years. Bearden is now back and Sevier Co and Jeff. Co. will be back in form soon.

And yes DB will probably never advance past the the simi-finals in the playoffs, just like South will never beat DB in football again.

Don't worry Waco. I grew up a South fan. Lately though, I have favored DB. I am the oppsite of Redneck he switched the opposite teams. Me, and other friends have first hand knowledge that DB has better talent then South. I mean DB is 4 deep at every posistion. Forget that DB plays more teams in 5A that would own local 4A teams. Just trust me, I know. Believe me cause I said so. I know folks that rode the bench with Sensabaugh.

I heard South did well at the scrimmage. How are things looking for the upcoming matchup against the Toppers?

Hello '04. A refreshing voice.

The scrimmage actually did not go very well IMO except defense. The D looked very good. We did not catch the ball and did not run that well considering the horses we have. But it was spring drill and there are no expectatons. Two weeks of practice is not enough to do much but get people hurt. We have tremendous potential as do the Vikings but it will be late August before we see a directive.

If I were a 'Topper I would be a stirred up hornets nest. But they have issues to resolve and what they will bring is anyones guess. I for one don't want to discount them but I know they will not get much respect until they dig in.

Not much talk from Bristol...have you just reloaded?

Trying to be unbiased here but having 4 good qb's compared to 2 doesn't matter in a game. Um, don't you only play one. And Sensabaugh was a beast against Farragut, who had huge linebackers, and was a beast against Oak Ridge. So I guess there goes the theory about the weaker teams. Mind you, I would cheer for South, but so many athletes at DB, so much depth, and the best player on the field. That makes a huge difference, sometimes you can have a good scheme, and good players, but DB would have the best player on the field, which makes a huge difference. And South fans should know about that, Tenn High last year had a great scheme against you all, and great players, but you had a star player who wouldn't be denied. And there was nothing Tn High could do. Its fun to talk about,but unfortunately it will never happen.

Also, it's pointless to argue with Waco, its gonna end up with you mad, and him laughing about it.

Best of luck to both teams this year.