Sullivan South

As always, there are some bits of value in your posts. The '06 game was not built up by South at all. There may have been a few posters on this site who promoted that but that was just blogging. The '06 campaign was the best opportunity in recent memory for D-B to go way deep in the 5A playoffs. They simply choked it away against W-B in the opening round. Unfortunate, but that happens sometimes. I do agree wholeheartedly that D-B is benefited by playing tougher competition and dropping SS and that SS is benefited by playing SHHS who they have a chance to beat. I say good riddance to the series. Neither team really needs it as much as the Kool Aid drinkers who frequent this message board.

One last thing. I hope this is my last comment on the great hypothetical matches of the world of sports: Palmer - Woods, Unitas - Manning, Bird - Lebron, Pele - Beckham, Sullivan South '07 - D-B '07. Waco, you and others of your D-B ilk are simply jealous of the coverage and hype around the Rebels the last few years. D-B has been used to being the top story in HS football in the area. That has been supplanted over the past two years by SS and the Curt Phillips story. The root cause of a lot of this venom is simple jealousy. We don't need that! Give SS and Curt their due and let's move on.

If we were going to get jealous over somebody, it would be over some of the big boys like Murfreesboro Riverdale. So don't flatter yourself, just remember 44-0 in '06.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The DB fans are not allowed to mention any of our past champions or accomplishments in sports.

Only if it doesn't pertain to football. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Its always dismissed by by people like you and your "ilk" as living in the past. Funny how you would bring up past champions at Tennessee High.

A lot of schools wouldn't mind having Tennessee High's or DB's past accomplishments.

Funny how you claim there's alot of talk on DB & South's part vs. Tennessee High. How long has it been since Tn. High won a game against DB? Something like 15 yrs, ? South has won over Tn. High 2 yrs. in a row now. Where is your head at? Tradition? Isn't DB the winningest Football school in the state?

5 games ago in the series.

Both teams have plenty of tradition. DB has more wins than any other team in Tennessee. Tennessee High is about 12th overall and 3rd or 4th at the 4A level, depending on how many games THS won in at least 17 years of football that was excluded from the list.

Futher more you showed your ignorance to East Tn. football when you said DB choked in the loss to William Blount. Everybody knows William Blount is one of the best 5A teams in East Tn. And last, I don't even know what your talking about the coverage of South vs. DB. I never noticed South getting more coverage.

I agree, William Blount almost defeated Maryville last year.

I would love to here some stories of past DB and South accomplishments. We still have several months before games start. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I would love to here some stories of past DB and South accomplishments. We still have several months before games start. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

My post wasn't ment to down Tennessee High, even though I know it sounds that way. It was ment to set the record straight that etfan tried to destort. DB does have the most wins in the state and Tennessee High had the best team overall this area has ever produced when they were awarded the National Championship.

My post wasn't ment to down Tennessee High, even though I know it sounds that way. It was ment to set the record straight that etfan tried to destort. DB does have the most wins in the state and Tennessee High had the best team overall this area has ever produced when they were awarded the National Championship.

I know it wasn't. Don't get too emotional or apologetic or they'll eat you up in here. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ May 19 2008 - 12:20 PM)

The DB fans are not allowed to mention any of our past champions or accomplishments in sports.

Only if it doesn't pertain to football.

Its always dismissed by by people like you and your "ilk" as living in the past. Funny how you would bring up past champions at Tennessee High.

A lot of schools wouldn't mind having Tennessee High's or DB's past accomplishments.

Funny how you claim there's alot of talk on DB & South's part vs. Tennessee High. How long has it been since Tn. High won a game against DB? Something like 15 yrs, ? South has won over Tn. High 2 yrs. in a row now. Where is your head at? Tradition? Isn't DB the winningest Football school in the state?

5 games ago in the series.

Both teams have plenty of tradition. DB has more wins than any other team in Tennessee. Tennessee High is about 12th overall and 3rd or 4th at the 4A level, depending on how many games THS won in at least 17 years of football that was excluded from the list.

Futher more you showed your ignorance to East Tn. football when you said DB choked in the loss to William Blount. Everybody knows William Blount is one of the best 5A teams in East Tn. And last, I don't even know what your talking about the coverage of South vs. DB. I never noticed South getting more coverage.

I agree, William Blount almost defeated Maryville last year.

Great post '04. As Rodney King said so eloquently "Can't we all just git along?"

Great picture too by the way.

Now its for sure you just won the JACKASS of the year award so...CONGRATS you just keep on stacking up awards for being a little kid ######!!!!! And I don't think that I ever said that I hated DB so don't be starting stuff on me little prickie.And to not have any knowledge of the game as you say, I believe that about 80% of the kids on DB's roster I have something to do with...SO who are you Coach of America ? I bet all the area coaches call you and ask for advice..ha!ha! As to why I think South would beat DB thats simple way more talent and the reason I know is because I've seen both sides talent wise and I just think South has passed DB,lets see South has 4 very good qb's Heath Haden,Bradly Davenport,ST,Claire,Moretz and how many does DB have Crawford and Roop.Lets see running backs South has the DR.Fletcher Bobby Taylor ,Jordan Cassell,Clint Phillips,and who does DB have Chris Sensabaugh and who else because you know they tried Sylvester there and it just didn't work out...wait a minute thats the reason Chris got his call up to the varsity to start with because the offense stunk so bad..but that turned out to be a good call...but it was against there weakest teams.Lets see recievers South has KK,Wattererson,Zanoni,Garvin,Colombo,Bedford heck there's more but I guess thats enough so lets add up DB's Justin Sylvester,maybe Sterling Throp,and you can't say Derrick Steele because he's to afraid of getting hit I don't think football is for him.Lets go on the defense side South has Ricky Neely,TJ Blanken,Clint Phillips,Ty Garvin,Ryan Halverson then you got the DR,KK,Taylor,Columbo,Zanoni,Hicks,Bedford,Watterson,Conaway and then there's DB's side Will Bateman,Curtis Collins,Sylvester,maybe Jordan Lawson and,and thats all I can think of on DB's defense if you have anymore let us know...SO THEN TALENT AGAINST TALENT I THINK SOUTH has passed DB up. AND THAT IS THE GOSPEL OF THE REDNECK....AND YOU CAN LIKE OR NOT. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I'll disagree with you regarding talent on the field, but with the news today that Tom Taylor has gone to the dark side and will be calling games next year for the Rebels there is not doubt that you guys will sound great next year! Enjoy him because I know I sure have.

Comp, you and the boys get them pickups ready. We took some players. We took Tommy. Now we're heading over there to load up the turf! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Too bad we don't play the city boys this year 'cause after Beedle opens up that first manhole for the Dr. to rip off a long one we could just roll that baby up. What with how hot the glue would be after the play. Anyway, I'll get the trailer ready and call Dr. Collins. And then I'll call Haynie to bring his Maxskuns.

Too bad we don't play the city boys this year 'cause after Beedle opens up that first manhole for the Dr. to rip off a long one we could just roll that baby up. What with how hot the glue would be after the play. Anyway, I'll get the trailer ready and call Dr. Collins. And then I'll call Haynie to bring his Maxskuns.

Yeah..............U-ALL Gona' Party Like It's 2006 ! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

So Beetle opens up a manhole for the Dr. to rip off a long one, and something about hot glue. What kind of deal you people got going on over there.

You folks are starting to sound like the Hilltoppers over in Johnson City. Over there where thay got that ManCave.

This craaaap is SICK.

yeah...i think we heard that drivel in '05, '06 and '07...oh no you guys took your deflated football and psyche and went home before the '07 game.

There's no "too bad we don't play" about it Comp....It was your beloved John Allen Compton's decision to cut and run. Maybe now that he has had his pizza party and rode out on his shiny new tractor (no mercedes here boys...spit) maybe the new head Reb can come crawling back to play on the sweet turf. Which in my opinion I hope never happens again especially after seeing the South team dogging out Throp from there sidelines while he was laying near there sidelines in '06. And deep down I would argue that YOU don't want it to happen because if it did you couldn't get on here and yap about manholes opening for your son. The dream is: "if we played", the reality is that when they play on the field: 13 in a row, 44-0, 37 yards of total offense, #10 with zero TD passes and 5+ turnovers (Burton AND Sylvester had more TD passes), and a girl getting in the game /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />. With an average score of 39-8 the last 10 meetings and DB being closer to scoring 50 than not, the outcome has not been in doubt for the most part...other than on here. 44-0, 61-0, 52-8, 35-0 just for examples. Where were you guys when DB was steamrolling you in '04, calling off the dogs in a game that they could have dropped 100 EASY! Other than the 7-6 game I'm not sure where your hope is and in that game DB dropped a wide open TD and fumbled on the goaline and the refs gave the Rebs several shots near the end with 2 bogus late hits. I work with a South fan and he even admits #10 was well within bounds when he got hit. But they fumbled that shot away. Nightmares baby. That's fact. To be honest I believe all this "oh woe is us" about dropping the game is just a front to hide that deep down you don't want another crushing like last time. That was a devastating blow and if the THS game would have bee shortly after then the streak of conference titles would have been in jeopardy as reflected by the poor play the next few weeks against some opponents they should have handled fairly easily. This was you can glory in the fact that you would have gotten that monkey off your back "this year". I've said it over and over and over...this was a calculated move to drop DB then beat up on the Toppers (which wasn't a large task last year) and then flap lip about being the better team on Tricitiessports.com. "Let's forget about the last 13 years boys (including 2 with the "greatest player ever") and focus on the game that wasn't played.....Now, we'd have beat em that year for sure"

Here's something to chew on. Enjoy, it has as much relevance as playing last year's game out on coacht:

http://unapproved website.com/projections/Dobyns-Ben...(Kingsport,_TN)

Dang...I'll never get this time spent responding to the same tired whine. MOVE ON!

yeah...i think we heard that drivel in '05, '06 and '07...oh no you guys took your deflated football and psyche and went home before the '07 game.

There's no "too bad we don't play" about it Comp....It was your beloved John Allen Compton's decision to cut and run. Maybe now that he has had his pizza party and rode out on his shiny new tractor (no mercedes here boys...spit) maybe the new head Reb can come crawling back to play on the sweet turf. Which in my opinion I hope never happens again especially after seeing the South team dogging out Throp from there sidelines while he was laying near there sidelines in '06. And deep down I would argue that YOU don't want it to happen because if it did you couldn't get on here and yap about manholes opening for your son. The dream is: "if we played", the reality is that when they play on the field: 13 in a row, 44-0, 37 yards of total offense, #10 with zero TD passes and 5+ turnovers (Burton AND Sylvester had more TD passes), and a girl getting in the game /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />. With an average score of 39-8 the last 10 meetings and DB being closer to scoring 50 than not, the outcome has not been in doubt for the most part...other than on here. 44-0, 61-0, 52-8, 35-0 just for examples. Where were you guys when DB was steamrolling you in '04, calling off the dogs in a game that they could have dropped 100 EASY! Other than the 7-6 game I'm not sure where your hope is and in that game DB dropped a wide open TD and fumbled on the goaline and the refs gave the Rebs several shots near the end with 2 bogus late hits. I work with a South fan and he even admits #10 was well within bounds when he got hit. But they fumbled that shot away. Nightmares baby. That's fact. To be honest I believe all this "oh woe is us" about dropping the game is just a front to hide that deep down you don't want another crushing like last time. That was a devastating blow and if the THS game would have bee shortly after then the streak of conference titles would have been in jeopardy as reflected by the poor play the next few weeks against some opponents they should have handled fairly easily. This was you can glory in the fact that you would have gotten that monkey off your back "this year". I've said it over and over and over...this was a calculated move to drop DB then beat up on the Toppers (which wasn't a large task last year) and then flap lip about being the better team on Tricitiessports.com. "Let's forget about the last 13 years boys (including 2 with the "greatest player ever") and focus on the game that wasn't played.....Now, we'd have beat em that year for sure"

Here's something to chew on. Enjoy, it has as much relevance as playing last year's game out on coacht:

http://unapproved website.com/projections/Dobyns-Ben...(Kingsport,_TN)

Dang...I'll never get this time spent responding to the same tired whine. MOVE ON!

OUCH! OOH! SQUACH! GEEEYA! JEEZE! DANG!...............THATS GOTTA' HURT!