Sullivan South

yeah...i think we heard that drivel in '05, '06 and '07...oh no you guys took your deflated football and psyche and went home before the '07 game.

There's no "too bad we don't play" about it Comp....It was your beloved John Allen Compton's decision to cut and run. Maybe now that he has had his pizza party and rode out on his shiny new tractor (no mercedes here boys...spit) maybe the new head Reb can come crawling back to play on the sweet turf. Which in my opinion I hope never happens again especially after seeing the South team dogging out Throp from there sidelines while he was laying near there sidelines in '06. And deep down I would argue that YOU don't want it to happen because if it did you couldn't get on here and yap about manholes opening for your son. The dream is: "if we played", the reality is that when they play on the field: 13 in a row, 44-0, 37 yards of total offense, #10 with zero TD passes and 5+ turnovers (Burton AND Sylvester had more TD passes), and a girl getting in the game /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />. With an average score of 39-8 the last 10 meetings and DB being closer to scoring 50 than not, the outcome has not been in doubt for the most part...other than on here. 44-0, 61-0, 52-8, 35-0 just for examples. Where were you guys when DB was steamrolling you in '04, calling off the dogs in a game that they could have dropped 100 EASY! Other than the 7-6 game I'm not sure where your hope is and in that game DB dropped a wide open TD and fumbled on the goaline and the refs gave the Rebs several shots near the end with 2 bogus late hits. I work with a South fan and he even admits #10 was well within bounds when he got hit. But they fumbled that shot away. Nightmares baby. That's fact. To be honest I believe all this "oh woe is us" about dropping the game is just a front to hide that deep down you don't want another crushing like last time. That was a devastating blow and if the THS game would have bee shortly after then the streak of conference titles would have been in jeopardy as reflected by the poor play the next few weeks against some opponents they should have handled fairly easily. This was you can glory in the fact that you would have gotten that monkey off your back "this year". I've said it over and over and over...this was a calculated move to drop DB then beat up on the Toppers (which wasn't a large task last year) and then flap lip about being the better team on Tricitiessports.com. "Let's forget about the last 13 years boys (including 2 with the "greatest player ever") and focus on the game that wasn't played.....Now, we'd have beat em that year for sure"

Here's something to chew on. Enjoy, it has as much relevance as playing last year's game out on coacht:

http://unapproved website.com/projections/Dobyns-Ben...(Kingsport,_TN)

Dang...I'll never get this time spent responding to the same tired whine. MOVE ON!

Hehateus. You feel better now man? Looks like somebody woke up on the wrong side of Kingsport again! It's just a game man. It's all about the kids. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah..............U-ALL Gona' Party Like It's 2006 ! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

So Beetle opens up a manhole for the Dr. to rip off a long one, and something about hot glue. What kind of deal you people got going on over there.

You folks are starting to sound like the Hilltoppers over in Johnson City. Over there where thay got that ManCave.

This craaaap is SICK.

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Really...mancaves and manholes.....this country really is going to the libs...uh i mean dogs /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

You don't have to...cause the city will claim me soon enough. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

You might actually be the only person here that's happy about that. I understand though. Who wouldn't want their taxes to double so they can get free garbage pick up? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

yeah...i think we heard that drivel in '05, '06 and '07...oh no you guys took your deflated football and psyche and went home before the '07 game.

There's no "too bad we don't play" about it Comp....It was your beloved John Allen Compton's decision to cut and run. Maybe now that he has had his pizza party and rode out on his shiny new tractor (no mercedes here boys...spit) maybe the new head Reb can come crawling back to play on the sweet turf. Which in my opinion I hope never happens again especially after seeing the South team dogging out Throp from there sidelines while he was laying near there sidelines in '06. And deep down I would argue that YOU don't want it to happen because if it did you couldn't get on here and yap about manholes opening for your son. The dream is: "if we played", the reality is that when they play on the field: 13 in a row, 44-0, 37 yards of total offense, #10 with zero TD passes and 5+ turnovers (Burton AND Sylvester had more TD passes), and a girl getting in the game /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />. With an average score of 39-8 the last 10 meetings and DB being closer to scoring 50 than not, the outcome has not been in doubt for the most part...other than on here. 44-0, 61-0, 52-8, 35-0 just for examples. Where were you guys when DB was steamrolling you in '04, calling off the dogs in a game that they could have dropped 100 EASY! Other than the 7-6 game I'm not sure where your hope is and in that game DB dropped a wide open TD and fumbled on the goaline and the refs gave the Rebs several shots near the end with 2 bogus late hits. I work with a South fan and he even admits #10 was well within bounds when he got hit. But they fumbled that shot away. Nightmares baby. That's fact. To be honest I believe all this "oh woe is us" about dropping the game is just a front to hide that deep down you don't want another crushing like last time. That was a devastating blow and if the THS game would have bee shortly after then the streak of conference titles would have been in jeopardy as reflected by the poor play the next few weeks against some opponents they should have handled fairly easily. This was you can glory in the fact that you would have gotten that monkey off your back "this year". I've said it over and over and over...this was a calculated move to drop DB then beat up on the Toppers (which wasn't a large task last year) and then flap lip about being the better team on Tricitiessports.com. "Let's forget about the last 13 years boys (including 2 with the "greatest player ever") and focus on the game that wasn't played.....Now, we'd have beat em that year for sure"

Here's something to chew on. Enjoy, it has as much relevance as playing last year's game out on coacht:

http://unapproved website.com/projections/Dobyns-Ben...(Kingsport,_TN)

Dang...I'll never get this time spent responding to the same tired whine. MOVE ON!

Maroonandgrey you are right about all you've said but I firmly believe the game will be reinstated. It will be a bit longer but it will be inevitable. Stacy will continue to elevate the program and at some point the reinstatement will be a desirable decision from both sides. The issue regarding Throp was unfortunate but true. Stacy won't tolerate that sort of disrespect. As much as I feel Throp brought alot of that sort of thing upon himself there was no excuse for such disrespect. For anyone...much less Throp. He was a tremendous athlete and no one can take that away from him. Many Southers will say he was a mud slinger of the first degree and deserved all he got. I say that respect begets respect and you have to give it to get it. However, his on field antics were nothing short of lewd and the manner in which he represented DB left a bad boy image. Interestingly enough it did not affect his father's professionalism. He was worth the price of admission though. I watched him singlehandedly turn the tide on the 'Vikings at the 'Castle in '06...without which Bristols first quarter domination may have continued.

You might actually be the only person here that's happy about that. I understand though. Who wouldn't want their taxes to double so they can get free garbage pick up? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Yeah, but your kids get to go to the best school in the state and one of the best in the country. Just ask Newsweek magazine.

Yeah, but your kids get to go to the best school in the state and one of the best in the country. Just ask Newsweek magazine.

Nah, I'll just settle for the garbage pick up if it's okay with you. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Loved or Hated.....But never ignored.

You know what, that's true for East TN. But, outside of that, you ain't nothing more than "another East TN team" to the rest of the state. That's what I hear all the time when I'm in the Nashville or Memphis region. I actually try to bolster the East Tn rep by mentioning you guys as the winningest team, but most of the people that recognized you as that are dead and gone. The only people who still recognize you as that live right here in good ole East TN. Heck, it's sad, but they don't even give Oak Ridge much credit anymore. The only team people give any credit to in East TN is Maryville.

I'LL tell you who CASSELL is he was the kid that came from DB. And he knows all about speed.He played along with SENSABAUGH at SEIVER most people say he's better and alot faster . And everyone knows what kind of season SENSABAUGH had right . I bet DB would love to have CASSELL and SENSABAUGH in the same backfield this year . I did'nt say that the CASSELL kid would be starting but he will get his share of carries .I believe he was ready last year .Heck he might even beat Bobby Taylor out. COACH CARTER always says he's going to put the best eleven on the field know matter what grade so lets just wait and see!!!!!!!!

I've seen all three and they are all good.I think Chris is as good a tailback as there is in the area and Bobby may be one of the hardest to tackle. Cassell is a fine athlete as well and will make some great plays at South