Sullivan South

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Graham retires (at a time of his choosing) D-B will conduct at least a regional search. Stacy Carter would not, IMHO, make the final cut. No negative reflection on Stacy, D-B will simply think their heritage merits a top tier, nationally known candidate. Who knows, Quarles might follow Ted Wilson to Kingsport.

Comp...I didnt say Stacy was leaving tomorrow I meant when Graham decides to retire.As for ETSU football is concerned the President can't even explain honestly why they won't bring it back. Now the field lights, I guess I could try to get some of the rich DB money people to donate...or they might give us thier old lights when they get new lights,to match thier beautiful field...and if you get the chance you need to get by and see it,WOW!! its just well,, how do I word this...AMAZING, thats the best way to describe it.The city of Kingsport should be proud heck even the people of Sullivan County should be.As for Stacy turning DB down well he might,but $$$$ talks when you have bills to pay.And although he's loyal to South it would be hard to turn the DB job down.As for Hunter Jordan I believe he would make a excellent coach,and I have heard that Hunter has turned down some schools because...either he's very dedicated or he's waiting for Stacy to move on. Well thats something to chew on.As for DB and South ever playing again, never you see although DB might have all the money to spend on the football field South has all the better talent on the playing field.And I'm not saying DB is without talent I just believe South has way more to pick from,and DB's AD is afraid they would get embarrassed.

The Gospel.

When Graham retires (at a time of his choosing) D-B will conduct at least a regional search. Stacy Carter would not, IMHO, make the final cut. No negative reflection on Stacy, D-B will simply think their heritage merits a top tier, nationally known candidate. Who knows, Quarles might follow Ted Wilson to Kingsport.

By that time Stacy will be a Quarles.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Just a couple of more days until football!!! How many key players will miss some or all of spring practice due to bb or track? Comp or Satch any input on this?

One third of the O and D. All spring practice will be is a large scale 7/7. Problem is 2 WR's won't be there. It will, however, be a good time for new talent to step up and show what they got.

Comp..I just talked with someone who run in to Hunter Jordan at the mall and he told them he would'nt be coaching at South this year.Did you know this and I wonder what brought this on. If this is true this really bothers me. I think this would be a great loss to the program.

I was aware of some things. I did not know he wasn't coming back. But out of respect we should keep it off the boards. Family is a tough thing to deal with in public. Stacy and Hunter are both offensive intelectuals...from opposing schools of thought. There could never be room for both of them for a long period of time. They both are lacking in areas that the other posess but neither will admit it. They actually are a good match...on paper. Hunter is a master motivater and shoots from the hip. Stacy is a mathmetician a diciplinarian and calculates his moves. Of course being an Army Ranger doesn't hurt the resume'. Hunter will eventually find a home and he will be ultra-successful. The two of them at opposing schools in NET will help transform Gods Country into a hotbed of gridiron talent. After all, Hunter was the one who nursed Stacy's warriors at CHMS from '01 forward. Including the likes of Jake Hicks, Jake McMillan, Colin Sandidge, Jordan Kitzmiller, JD, Paul Wingfield, Henry Ringley, Curt's crew of Spencer Sandidge, Chris Collins, Matthew Crowe, Seth Johnson, Blake Rasnake, the Spin Dr's. Crew of Hunter Beedle, Kaleb Kitzmiller, Seth Watterson, Ty Garvin, TJ Blanken and a number of people I left out for various reasons.

In my view Hunter left CHMS too early. He should have stayed until it was considered a dynasty instead of just a tradition. In my view he can run any program in NET. Someone will get a Jewel.

Well,,the time has arrived to get started on life without Curt,although you could never replace a great player like Curt I believe Jeffers will do just fine.A lot of players will be missing spring practice due to baseball,KK,Garvin,St,Claire,Heath Haden,Cody Shipley,Clint Phillips,but all the freshman baseball players should be there because I was told they got done yesterday with thier season.Will the guy's running track miss spring practice?If so that would include Watterson,Taylor,and the DR.Fletcher. Oh well I'm just excited to get this thing started to see where the mighty Rebels stand without Curt ,,,Oh and Clint will be missing spring pratice due to his DR. not releasing him,not baseball thats what I was told. GO MIGHTY REBELS!!!!!!!

Well,,the time has arrived to get started on life without Curt,although you could never replace a great player like Curt I believe Jeffers will do just fine.A lot of players will be missing spring practice due to baseball,KK,Garvin,St,Claire,Heath Haden,Cody Shipley,Clint Phillips,but all the freshman baseball players should be there because I was told they got done yesterday with thier season.Will the guy's running track miss spring practice?If so that would include Watterson,Taylor,and the DR.Fletcher. Oh well I'm just excited to get this thing started to see where the mighty Rebels stand without Curt ,,,Oh and Clint will be missing spring pratice due to his DR. not releasing him,not baseball thats what I was told. GO MIGHTY REBELS!!!!!!!

Track Rebels?..... They will be there Monday. Don't know about baseball.

Comp, with the start of spring football season, I am going away from CoachT now. Kinda the thing to do.... I guess. For the record, as you know Comp, I have a youngun in high school, so I am not on the Friday night grass. Love and respect the purity of high school football so much, so is. BTW, that was a little bit of a stretch on your part on my gravity-challenged arse. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> I am pretty good at running down TP rollers, that's about all I'm good for. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

rebelredneck.... you'll have the opportunity to evaluate the whole speed thing soon enough. rebredneck, you're right, sure I'm no expert, and Comp, I was never upset. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I was actually enjoying the ignorance, just laughing to myself because I do know a wee bit. But, with that said, sometimes a kid with "speed" looks like they are going backwards when they run with real speed demons. I saw it at the Junior Olympics in Ypslanti and in New Orleans. Amazing speed! Maybe there will be eyes opened this coming week?? Who knows?

Anyway, Go Rebels and Go all of NET Fooball! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Comp...I didnt say Stacy was leaving tomorrow I meant when Graham decides to retire.As for ETSU football is concerned the President can't even explain honestly why they won't bring it back. Now the field lights, I guess I could try to get some of the rich DB money people to donate...or they might give us thier old lights when they get new lights,to match thier beautiful field...and if you get the chance you need to get by and see it,WOW!! its just well,, how do I word this...AMAZING, thats the best way to describe it.The city of Kingsport should be proud heck even the people of Sullivan County should be.As for Stacy turning DB down well he might,but $$$$ talks when you have bills to pay.And although he's loyal to South it would be hard to turn the DB job down.As for Hunter Jordan I believe he would make a excellent coach,and I have heard that Hunter has turned down some schools because...either he's very dedicated or he's waiting for Stacy to move on. Well thats something to chew on.As for DB and South ever playing again, never you see although DB might have all the money to spend on the football field South has all the better talent on the playing field.And I'm not saying DB is without talent I just believe South has way more to pick from,and DB's AD is afraid they would get embarrassed.

Rebel,

I am glad you are excited about your team. The sport needs more folks like you backing it. I agree with many of your points, but there are some that I don't agree with. First off, I think South could and should have more private money dumped into the program. People think of DB football as "rich". I invite anyone to run the income per family in Kingsport versus any of the South communities and you will find that South has more overall wealth per student, especially Colonial Heights. Post it before you call my bluff because I found it online. The fact is DB has more supporters and it adds up, see their attendance.

You keep saying the DB AD is afraid to play? I hope you are just triyng to stir the pot because I know first hand that the choice NOT to play was from the South side. DB did not want to lose the money. Remember last time DB played South? South was supposed to win and had all the talent? South was 4th in the state and DB was not ranked. South even made those cute little shirts about DB's # 20 then he blazed you for 2 TD's and some lock down pass coverage. Oh what a night! Yeah, that ended well for you Redneck. My buddy drove all the way from Nashville to see a good game and he was ready to leave in the 2nd quarter. 44- 0 DB won stats were:

South had 37 yards; DB had 299. South had 4 1st downs (all from Curt but 1) DB had 11 1st downs. Heck, DB had a girl playing in the 3rd quarter.

DB was down in 2007 we all know. But 2008 will be better. And Sensabaugh, you better watch him because he is on the level of curt and his last name carries weight. You can have your Cassell kid, there is a reason he moved to South as there usually is, playing time. As far as you saying Cassell could have played at DB as a freshman, don't make me laugh. The last guy to play as a frehman later played at UNC and that was over 15 years ago. Sensabaugh has had even more of an impact then that guy and he will choose his school.

South will not ever be able to get past the Knoxville teams. DB has Knoxville teams in their conference and even plays Oak Ridge non conference. In 5A our conference already has tough teams unlike South's conference. Even Region 2 4A only has West and Greeneville. Heck in our conference you have tough teams already and in Region 2 you have more Knoxville and Chattanooga teams Speed is big in 5A. Knoxville and Chattanooga alone all have teams on par with DB. South has a cake walk through conference and maybe a challenge in region 2. Then, get blasted by Region 3. If South wants to up their game, they need to move up to 5A or play some real non conference games. Otherwise, keep talking until your South folk are ready to step up to DB again.

Rebel, I am glad you are excited about your team. The sport needs more folks like you backing it. I agree with many of your points, but there are some that I don't agree with. First off, I think South could and should have more private money dumped into the program. People think of DB football as "rich". I invite anyone to run the income per family in Kingsport versus any of the South communities and you will find that South has more overall wealth per student, especially Colonial Heights. Post it before you call my bluff because I found it online. The fact is DB has more supporters and it adds up, see their attendance. You keep saying the DB AD is afraid to play? I hope you are just triyng to stir the pot because I know first hand that the choice NOT to play was from the South side. DB did not want to lose the money. Remember last time DB played South? South was supposed to win and had all the talent? South was 4th in the state and DB was not ranked. South even made those cute little shirts about DB's # 20 then he blazed you for 2 TD's and some lock down pass coverage. Oh what a night! Yeah, that ended well for you Redneck. My buddy drove all the way from Nashville to see a good game and he was ready to leave in the 2nd quarter. 44- 0 DB won stats were:South had 37 yards; DB had 299. South had 4 1st downs (all from Curt but 1) DB had 11 1st downs. Heck, DB had a girl playing in the 3rd quarter. DB was down in 2007 we all know. But 2008 will be better. And Sensabaugh, you better watch him because he is on the level of curt and his last name carries weight. You can have your Cassell kid, there is a reason he moved to South as there usually is, playing time. As far as you saying Cassell could have played at DB as a freshman, don't make me laugh. The last guy to play as a frehman later played at UNC and that was over 15 years ago. Sensabaugh has had even more of an impact then that guy and he will choose his school. South will not ever be able to get past the Knoxville teams. DB has Knoxville teams in their conference and even plays Oak Ridge non conference. In 5A our conference already has tough teams unlike South's conference. Even Region 2 4A only has West and Greeneville. Heck in our conference you have tough teams already and in Region 2 you have more Knoxville and Chattanooga teams Speed is big in 5A. Knoxville and Chattanooga alone all have teams on par with DB. South has a cake walk through conference and maybe a challenge in region 2. Then, get blasted by Region 3. If South wants to up their game, they need to move up to 5A or play some real non conference games. Otherwise, keep talking until your South folk are ready to step up to DB again.

Bud, I have lots of respect for you and your posts. I can even understand your jabs back towards rebelredneck, however you lost me with in your last paragraph. Unless you are able to see well into the future you have no way of predicting whether or not we will ever get past Knoxville teams. Furthermore I will submit that up until last year, I don't recall the Big East conference being a "tough" conference in 5A. Also it seems to me that D-B has had plenty of hard times getting past teams from Knoxville Area and Chattanooga Area as well.

Bud, I have lots of respect for you and your posts. I can even understand your jabs back towards rebelredneck, however you lost me with in your last paragraph. Unless you are able to see well into the future you have no way of predicting whether or not we will ever get past Knoxville teams. Furthermore I will submit that up until last year, I don't recall the Big East conference being a "tough" conference in 5A. Also it seems to me that D-B has had plenty of hard times getting past teams from Knoxville Area and Chattanooga Area as well.

I don't mean to try to speak for Bud, but what I believe he is saying is that there is a distinct and quantifiable difference between the talent level found in the more urban areas compared to what is found in more rural schools like those found in the Mountain Lakes and Five Rivers conferences. That's not meant to be a slap at anybody. But if you look at the history of state champions at the 4A and 5A level in the last two decades, notice where the vast majority of the schools are located. They are located inside the cities of Knoxville, Nashville, Chattanooga, Memphis, Murfreesboro, Knoxville, Oak Ridge, and even Maryville and Sevierville. If you don't believe me, check for yourself. As they say, the proof is in the pudding.