Sullivan South

I'LL tell you who CASSELL is he was the kid that came from DB. And he knows all about speed.He played along with SENSABAUGH at SEIVER most people say he's better and alot faster . And everyone knows what kind of season SENSABAUGH had right . I bet DB would love to have CASSELL and SENSABAUGH in the same backfield this year . I did'nt say that the CASSELL kid would be starting but he will get his share of carries .I believe he was ready last year .Heck he might even beat Bobby Taylor out. COACH CARTER always says he's going to put the best eleven on the field know matter what grade so lets just wait and see!!!!!!!!

I personally haven't gotten to see the Cassell boy run the ball but I hear he is much stronger (power runner) than Bobby. Bobby needs to perfect his style. I think he needs a hook for those of you that are musicians. Nevertheless, he will see carries. If Clint learns some technique between now and August then he will be the preferred sidekick to the Dr. Bobby does however have the Dr.'s quickness and that is crucial in our offense. I don't see us going under center but I do see us utylising 3 RB's.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally haven't gotten to see the Cassell boy run the ball but I hear he is much stronger (power runner) than Bobby. Bobby needs to perfect his style. I think he needs a hook for those of you that are musicians. Nevertheless, he will see carries. If Clint learns some technique between now and August then he will be the preferred sidekick to the Dr. Bobby does however have the Dr.'s quickness and that is crucial in our offense. I don't see us going under center but I do see us utylising 3 RB's.

Utilizing 3 backs will be essential to keeping everyone healthy for the playoffs. On quickness/speed who will be the faster backs....40 times etc....

Utilizing 3 backs will be essential to keeping everyone healthy for the playoffs. On quickness/speed who will be the faster backs....40 times etc....

No one runs track except Watterson and Fletch'. So I'm not familiar with Bobby, Clint, and Cassell's numbers. Fletcher's rather slow in the mid 11's, his "40" is rather slow around 4.65/4.7 but his first 20yds. will crush anyone in the league. Out of the blocks he will be 3 steps on everyone. That relates to football speed. His specialty is hitting the hole fast and smelling daylight. Bobby as well is a very intuitive runner and feels the daylight. Stacy's offense demands this free style running. Bobby will be hard to tackle because of his diminutive size. Clint will be a Chris Collins on steroids. Can't answer anything about Cassell. Utilizing 3 RB's will be difficult...utilizing 4 will be impossible. I say this because first and foremost we will be a passing team. These guys will fight for the opportunity to get a carry so I look for very high per carry averages. To answer your question I think (from what little I know) that Bobby will be the fastest and the Dr. will be the quickest. In middle school Clint Phillips was a 200/400 meter man and he was very fast. But then he wasn't 6'2" 220lbs which is what he will be by August. That's why I say with technique he will be a formidable force at RB with that kind of stature. Somone else with knowledge please bring us up to speed on Cassell.

I'LL tell you who CASSELL is he was the kid that came from DB. And he knows all about speed.He played along with SENSABAUGH at SEIVER most people say he's better and alot faster . And everyone knows what kind of season SENSABAUGH had right . I bet DB would love to have CASSELL and SENSABAUGH in the same backfield this year . I did'nt say that the CASSELL kid would be starting but he will get his share of carries .I believe he was ready last year .Heck he might even beat Bobby Taylor out. COACH CARTER always says he's going to put the best eleven on the field know matter what grade so lets just wait and see!!!!!!!!

Relax. I hope Cassell is the player that you obviously hope he is. So he came from DB and Sevier. I certainly hope he's faster than Sensabaugh. Dont get me going on speed until you understand it a bit better. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Maybe Cassell should join the rest of the Rebel football team skill postition guys on the track team (Fletcher, Bobby, Watterson. Along with Columbo. Houston Martin who graduates). It will help.

Now that I think about it, I do remember a Sevier / Colonial Heights game where Sensabaugh and crew were being hyped up. Watterson (at RB then) hung 200 yards and 2 or 3 TDs on Sevier and Clint Phillips added another 90 or so and a TD. And both of those guys have changed positions! 38-0 as I remember. Wanna see some pictures? Just playing! My point is, middle school football means little in regards to RB in high school. Sensabaugh wasn't much then when I saw him. He's really busting out now. Hope Cassell does as well. And yes, Coach Carter will put the best eleven on the field that he believes are the best 11, regardless of grade.

Ok. We'll wait and see.

I am not an expert on the mind of Stacy Carter but I will give you my 2 cents worth in regard to playing underclassmen. First, there must be an urgent need to fill a position and a lack of an upperclassmen to fulfill the job successfully. When there is an over-abundance of a position and this allows Stacy the luxury of choosing the absolute best athlete he doesn't always make his choice based on sheer ability. If Stacy has an upperclassman that has paid his perverbial dues and is able and (especially) possesses leadership ability then that will be his choice. Regardless of underclassman prowess. Curt Phillips is not the example here. He is the exception. In Curt's Soph year South had a very able Field General in Jake Hicks. He was every bit the QB Curt was at that time. He was a Senior. Jake was a WR that year ('05) with one exception...He started and won the THS vs SSHS game. Curt was ill. Stacy saw the future Curt had. Jake had no football future to speak of irregardless of whether he was the starter or not. Stacy's decision was based on many things I'm sure but some of them had nothing to do with who was the better QB. Curt was all everything for 3 years straight and no serious SEC interest. Appalling isn't it! That should tell you how far in bumpkinville we are. OK...yes there was Jason Witten. My point? Stacy knew Curt had the ability to go all the way...maybe even to the pros. He also knew he would need every ounce of help and support he could get therefore the Sullivan South Football program supported in whole the perpetuation of the Curt Phillips show. Was it worth it? Of course it was. Is South under the radar? Well, more now than before that's for sure. All that is needed now is a salvo effort. And quickly. The sooner someone else goes under the radar the sooner we become known as a place to go looking for college calibre' athletes. Stacy and Curt did something great for Sullivan South and it's future athletes albeit at the expense of Jake Hicks.

So my point is that if Cassell or any other underclassman is going to replace an upperclassman he needs some far reaching ability. It won't be enough for the player to as good but he must be obviously superior to anything Stacy currently has in the stable. Then he may supplant the upperclassman and for obvious good reason. And probably more important to Stacy than anything else including talent is character. If you don't have it you can expect to learn it before you ever get anywhere near a touch. In all honesty, I think any coach would be the same way and rightfully so.

I can't wait to see Cassell work so I can see first hand if he has that special touch.

Relax. I hope Cassell is the player that you obviously hope he is. So he came feom DB and Sevier. I certainly hope he's faster than Sensabaugh. Dont get me going on speed until you understand it a bit better. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Maybe Cassell should joint the rest of the Rebel football team skill postition guys on the track team (Fletcher, Bobby, Watterson. Along with Columbo. Houston Martin who graduates). It will help.

Now that I think about it, I do remember a Sevier / Colonial Heights game where Sensabaugh and crew were being hyped up. Watterson (at RB then) hung 200 yards and 2 or 3 TDs on Sevier and Clint Phillips added another 90 or so and a TD. And both of those guys have changed positions! 38-0 as I remember. Wanna see some pictures? Just playing! My point is, middle school football means little in regards to RB in high school. Sensabaugh wasn't much then when I saw him. He's really busting out now. Hope Cassell does as well. And yes, Coach Carter will put the best eleven on the field that he believes are the best 11, regardless of grade.

Ok. We'll wait and see.

I was at alot of freshman games last year Jordan Cassell looked like a man among boys his cousin told me he had like 18 td's and he was done most of the time before halftime.And if I remember correctly in 2007 SEIVER had mercy on ColonialHeights with Cassell having 3td's Sensabaugh 2 td's before they had mercy on us. And your anser about running track I was talking to his parents the other day at the baseball game and they said he was wanting to run track but he did'nt think the baseball coach would let him. And your point about Colonial Heights beating Seiver so bad in 2006 both Cassell and Sensabaugh were 7th graders and Cassell was out with a broken arm. And yes I know all about speed believe me!! I had to make the transition from D.B. football to the Mountian Lakes like most of the time it looks like its in slow motion!!!!!!!!!

I was at alot of freshman games last year Jordan Cassell looked like a man among boys his cousin told me he had like 18 td's and he was done most of the time before halftime.And if I remember correctly in 2007 SEIVER had mercy on ColonialHeights with Cassell having 3td's Sensabaugh 2 td's before they had mercy on us. And your anser about running track I was talking to his parents the other day at the baseball game and they said he was wanting to run track but he did'nt think the baseball coach would let him. And your point about Colonial Heights beating Seiver so bad in 2006 both Cassell and Sensabaugh were 7th graders and Cassell was out with a broken arm. And yes I know all about speed believe me!! I had to make the transition from D.B. football to the Mountian Lakes like most of the time it looks like its in slow motion!!!!!!!!!

Again, relax.

We hope he's great. We do. We hope he's everything you want him to be. You missed the point though. South has had a string of players that have done what Cassell did in middle school and freshman ball. McMillan, Phillips, Crowe, Fletcher, Watterson, Phillps. Neat story: Heck, when Fletcher departed for high school, he gave his cleats to Watterson who was a grade behind still in middle school, so there was 2000 yards and probably 30 TDs in that one pair of shoes by the time Watterson left for South. Yes, they fell apart. I think that's funny. Fletcher dominated freshman ball as well. Watterson spent most of the freshman season hurt and since has moved to WR.

Again, I've never seen Cassell play, but we've had other players and specifically RBs in the South program that looked like men amoungst boys at different points. Cassell will certainly get plenty of opportunities over the next three years, so relax. The Spin Doctor, and Bobby have proved themselves now. Cassell will get his chance to prove himself as well.

As far as speed goes. You honestly don't know yet. I hear one should not try to describe the ocean unless you've seen it. Or was that a Kiss concert that you can't describe without seeing it? Comp? The speed is different at the varsity level and I certainly am qualified to speak to that one. I remember the first play that Curt stepped under center at the varsity level in a scrimmage, I was right there, and I remember how wide his eyes were. It was an adjustment for the greatest player to ever lace 'em up at South. I thinks he's done pretty well sense, huh? He saw the change then. I am sure he's seen a much bigger speed change since going to Madison. It's a right of passage almost.

As far as middle school goes, Sensabaugh was older than most of the CH 8th graders his 7th grade year as you know and sorry to hear Cassell was hurt. But I am not taking away from him now. Sensabaugh has obviously developed a great deal under Clark's instruction at DB. But, his speed wasn't that of Clint Phillps or Seth Watterson then, and it isn't now. Dont get me wrong, his football speed now is significantly improved and he's getting freakin' huge. I'm sure Cassell will do fine as well, if he continues to work hard. But, if you really want the truth on the 2006 CHMS team vs the 2007 Sevier team, why dont you ask Sevier's Coach St. Clair? He'll give you the honest scoop and I think you may be surprised a bit. Now, let's not compare apples to oranges here anymore with the middle school thing. By the way, for years running, the South JV has scrimmaged the South freshman in the spring. They didn't this past year though. I'll leave that one to you to figure out. Let's focus on the future of South football now. April 28th is just around the corner. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Again, relax.

We hope he's great. We do. We hope he's everything you want him to be. You missed the point though. South has had a string of players that have done what Cassell did in middle school and freshman ball. McMillan, Phillips, Crowe, Fletcher, Watterson, Phillps. Neat story: Heck, when Fletcher departed for high school, he gave his cleats to Watterson who was a grade behind still in middle school, so there was 2000 yards and probably 30 TDs in that one pair of shoes by the time Watterson left for South. Yes, they fell apart. I think that's funny. Fletcher dominated freshman ball as well. Watterson spent most of the freshman season hurt and since has moved to WR.

Again, I've never seen Cassell play, but we've had other players and specifically RBs in the South program that looked like men amoungst boys at different points. Cassell will certainly get plenty of opportunities over the next three years, so relax. The Spin Doctor, and Bobby have proved themselves now. Cassell will get his chance to prove himself as well.

As far as speed goes. You honestly don't know yet. I hear one should not try to describe the ocean unless you've seen it. Or was that a Kiss concert that you can't describe without seeing it? Comp? The speed is different at the varsity level and I certainly am qualified to speak to that one. I remember the first play that Curt stepped under center at the varsity level in a scrimmage, I was right there, and I remember how wide his eyes were. It was an adjustment for the greatest player to ever lace 'em up at South. I thinks he's done pretty well sense, huh? He saw the change then. I am sure he's seen a much bigger speed change since going to Madison. It's a right of passage almost.

As far as middle school goes, Sensabaugh was older than most of the CH 8th graders his 7th grade year as you know and sorry to hear Cassell was hurt. But I am not taking away from him now. Sensabaugh has obviously developed a great deal under Clark's instruction at DB. But, his speed wasn't that of Clint Phillps or Seth Watterson then, and it isn't now. Dont get me wrong, his football speed now is significantly improved and he's getting freakin' huge. I'm sure Cassell will do fine as well, if he continues to work hard. But, if you really want the truth on the 2006 CHMS team vs the 2007 Sevier team, why dont you ask Sevier's Coach St. Clair? He'll give you the honest scoop and I think you may be surprised a bit. Now, let's not compare apples to oranges here anymore with the middle school thing. By the way, for years running, the South JV has scrimmaged the South freshman in the spring. They didn't this past year though. I'll leave that one to you to figure out. Let's focus on the future of South football now. April 28th is just around the corner. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I have been told (yesterday) that Cassell is of the calibre' of the Dr. Whoa. Bobby, Clint, maybe Wesley Williams, and everybody forgot about Cody Shipley. That's wonderful in my book...the more the merrier. My main thought is...if Cassell is as good as the Dr. was in the 8th and 9th then why come to South when all they got is Sensabaugh. I know that name at DB invokes visions of royalty but if you run the ball 30 carries a game leaves a few plays for someone else. And Sly' will be a WR so don't count him. Remember, South is QB/WR highschool. So because we got some high calibre' RB's Stacy is going to change horses in the middle of the stream. I don't think so. His vision is for South to produce the finest QB's in NET. Look at the roster...it is profoundly evident. This transfer thing will continue. Stacy's vision for his RB's is simply this: "When you touch the ball, you better be prepared to score because at this banquet table the AirForce eats first. And that's fine because it makes for some hungry blood thirsty RB's that know their days are numbered. So, we got six RB's just from headlines? Sounds like the heat is on. Food for thought...The Spin Dr. averaged 10 carries a game in '07. Brad Shanks...5 carries a game. Their per carrie average? Both were about 7. Curt averaged 20. That's 35 carries a game. Give that to our 4 headline RB's. It's 8 carries a game. Like I said, "The heat is on." Bradley will run the ball very little...his concentration will be on the airwaves...especially with so many RB's. Two RB's getting 30 carries a game at Sullivan South? Not going to happen.

SatchUmp, thats alot of good players you named.I think Fletcher is a great player and should have the chance to shoulder most of the running game this year . I believe the more he carries the ball the stronger he gets .We have alot of talent to choose from on offense and thats a good thing.I just hope our defense is as strong.We should have plenty of speed and talent . And' hey Ido agree CURT PHILLIPS was the best to lace up at South and I hope he has a great college career.WITH ALL THAT SAID BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF THE SULLIVAN SOUTH REBELS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SatchUmp, thats alot of good players you named.I think Fletcher is a great player and should have the chance to shoulder most of the running game this year . I believe the more he carries the ball the stronger he gets .We have alot of talent to choose from on offense and thats a good thing.I just hope our defense is as strong.We should have plenty of speed and talent . And' hey Ido agree CURT PHILLIPS was the best to lace up at South and I hope he has a great college career.WITH ALL THAT SAID BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF THE SULLIVAN SOUTH REBELS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Redneck...I don't know who you are but I got it today that Jordan will get varsity touches so that is 4 headline RB's. I also got it that by August we will have a run friendly offense installed...and it won't be the WingT. And just when I decide I like the Spread Option...I believe the more he carries the ball the stronger he gets .This shows you are very familiar with the Dr. and his abilities. Are you a Frosh Dad?