Reclassification 2009

riverrat

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plan B is almost exactly like what we had in North Carolina. It works well until you start looking at who fills the wild card seeds and then the trouble begins.

I hate plan C and would prefer to see things stay the same if Plan B isn't the final choice.

OK, so on plan C 4A & 5A would stay the same? 3A would be metropolitan schools that have single A & AA enrollments. A & AA would be the rural or small town schools with those enrollments. Correct me if I am wrong. I like plan C because it will create more competitve matchups. AAA would be an awesome class & it would give the small schools a chance to be competitve in A & AA. I dont see where it does anything different for 4A & 5A.

Plan B knocks us back down to the way it was when we only had 3 classes; until play-off time? This would cut down on travel cost for schools tremendously. It would also help keep traditional rivals in the same district. Im getting confused on the play-off part for AA & AAA. AAA play-off teams would fit into a 4A or 5A play-off spot while AA teams would fit into a AA or AAA play-off spot? Single A is left alone. The play-offs are confusing but I like plan B.

Bottom line is that either plan would be better than what we have right now. Cutting down on travel, creating more competive leagues & only sending the top 2 teams from each district should eliminate those 3-7 or 2-8 teams that we sometimes see make the play-offs.

I only see the schools that are dominant on a yearly basis like a Maryville or an Alcoa crying about this. We need to think for the good of the kids & I think that plan B & C is trying to be very fair to the ones that really matter THE KIDS!

I only see the schools that are dominant on a yearly basis like a Maryville or an Alcoa crying about this. We need to think for the good of the kids & I think that plan B & C is trying to be very fair to the ones that really matter THE KIDS!

What kind of stoopid statement is this...Both Maryville and Alcoa have apologized numerous times that EVERY school cannot win a championship. Let me try to re-word what you just said.

"Lets have 375 classifications, and give all of them championship rings"

I cannot speak for Maryville or their fans, But I for one really do not care what class the TSSAA puts us in. We can't get anyone to play us anyway. Upper class schools dont want to lose to a 2A school and smaller schools don't see the point.

We at Alcoa will just sit back and see what happens and play the hand we are dealt. I hope we do get moved up to some extent and force some of the bigger schools (Fulton, Catholic, Carter et al...) to play us. No, we will not win it all every year, but the games will be more competitive, more LUCRATIVE, and we will not have to travel to different area codes every week.

HOW YOU LIKE THAT ONE COACH????

BTW Coach....GET YOUR STAR! Become a plus member!

More competitive & not as much traveling, yeah I said that. That would be the case for everyone. There would still only be 5 state champions in DI, the point I was making about it being fair for the kids is that even at the College level they have several different divisions. NAIA all the way up to the Bowl subdivision. They are divided for a reason, the competition level is much different. Look at the studies on the TSSAA site, would you not agree that it would lead to more competitive classes, for all involved?

Yeah Maryville probably wouldnt cry & they would still win some titles maybe not every year in plan B. But they would still be a great team. Alcoa would still be great, but they wouldnt win it with as much ease as they are now.

Im a 5A fan so it really doesnt matter to me. I just thought it looked fair & would create better match ups in the smaller schools.

I don't think Maryville or Alcoa would be crying. I mean look at it while Maryville has had a few close games in their district, Alcoa hasn't really been challenged that much, which probably hurts their gate as well as the teams they're destroying. Looking at plan C it would give them good competition & probably a few fantastic gates, also it would probably help the gates of those teams they clobber every year to replace Alcoa with someone they could compete with.

I don't think Maryville or Alcoa would be crying. I mean look at it while Maryville has had a few close games in their district, Alcoa hasn't really been challenged that much, which probably hurts their gate as well as the teams they're destroying. Looking at plan C it would give them good competition & probably a few fantastic gates, also it would probably help the gates of those teams they clobber every year to replace Alcoa with someone they could compete with.

You are exactly right, that is what I was saying. I only meant that they might not like it as much due to not being able to win state every year. Im sure they would still win it some.

I looked at the link that was posted and that scenario is screwed up. You put schools regardless of size in a classification just because they are urban or rural. Some of those schools range in size from 300 to 1000. Now how in the world can that be fair? I say leave it like it is!

Plan B is almost exactly like what we had in North Carolina. It works well until you start looking at who fills the wild card seeds and then the trouble begins.

I hate plan C and would prefer to see things stay the same if Plan B isn't the final choice.

You seem to like Plan B. I have a question. What about the districts that are all 4A schools and one or two 5A schools or vise/versa? Or all 2A and one 3A or vice/versa. How did they do it in North Carolina? It's not fair to win all your 4A games and lose to some 5A's and go into the playoffs as a wildcard? or same for 2A/3A schools. I'm sure that would mean no home game in playoffs? How did North Carolina deal with this? I mean look at this example.

Dist. example

school class

1 5A

2 5A

3 4A

4 4A

5 4A

6 4A

7 4A

8 4A

What if the records looked like this

school 2 7-0

school 3 6-1

school 4 5-2

Don't worry about the rest, but here is a perfect scenerio. School 4 loses to school 3 and 2, but 2 was 5a so now school 4 is a wildcard team on the road instead of a home playoff game. Heck School 4 could be 8-2. I guess it would not happen in many districts and it least it would keep some of the losing records out of the playoffs, but this scenerio wouldn't be fair to this school.

You seem to like Plan B. I have a question. What about the districts that are all 4A schools and one or two 5A schools or vise/versa? Or all 2A and one 3A or vice/versa. How did they do it in North Carolina? It's not fair to win all your 4A games and lose to some 5A's and go into the playoffs as a wildcard? or same for 2A/3A schools. I'm sure that would mean no home game in playoffs? How did North Carolina deal with this? I mean look at this example.

Dist. example

school class

1 5A

2 5A

3 4A

4 4A

5 4A

6 4A

7 4A

8 4A

What if the records looked like this

school 2 7-0

school 3 6-1

school 4 5-2

Don't worry about the rest, but here is a perfect scenerio. School 4 loses to school 3 and 2, but 2 was 5a so now school 4 is a wildcard team on the road instead of a home playoff game. Heck School 4 could be 8-2. I guess it would not happen in many districts and it least it would keep some of the losing records out of the playoffs, but this scenerio wouldn't be fair to this school.

The difference in NC was that you did have mixed districts but when they split for the playoffs you had 4A and 4AA, 3A and 3AA, 2A and 2AA, 1A and 1AA (big school/small school). The top two or three teams in each conference went to the playoffs (regardless of their classification) and everyone else made it in with at least four wins into a wildcard spot. Everyone had to wait until noon on Saturday following the final regular season game to see the brackets and sometimes they would change between noon and 5 PM when they became final. I remember one season two coaches had already exchanged film when someone called and told them the brackets had changed at about 4:30 PM. You didn't have any 2-8 teams in the playoffs but you still had some strange matchups because sometimes your first or second place seed didn't really help you with your first round matchup.