Tullahoma may not play home games

chs4life

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How on earth do you let the bleachers get so out of hand that the stadium is CONDEMNED?

It also happened at Hillwood I believe the year before last. Knowing how well Metro Schools "maintains" their facilities /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> it doesn't surprise me at all. It is surprising to see a well supported program such as Tullahoma letting their bleachers fall into disrepair.

Alot of school systems across the State are struggling with money issues.

As such, I think we will see this scenario played out more and more in the upcoming years. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

In our local school system, and many others I've talked with, there is no budget set aside yearly for upkeep of stadiums.

Therefore it sneaks up on them and then it's too late. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

It a sad day when things are done the right way and Tullahoma needs a new stadium. I was there about 4 years ago and it was really bad. The field was very good but I've heard that it has gone downhill. It seems that Tullahoma is upscale with AEDC so why have they let this happen. Is it politics it sounded like it in the article. By the way very good article, someone did their homework.

It a sad day when things are done the right way and Tullahoma needs a new stadium. I was there about 4 years ago and it was really bad. The field was very good but I've heard that it has gone downhill. It seems that Tullahoma is upscale with AEDC so why have they let this happen. Is it politics it sounded like it in the article. By the way very good article, someone did their homework.

coach olive went before the board of mayor and alderman last night to explain the situation

so the article is his explanation word for word

As arrogant as some people from Tullahoma are, this has to be extremely embarassing for them. I find it hard to believe Tullahoma hasn't had funds for 8-10 years to renovate the football stadium. Somebody has dropped the ball big time on this deal.

I agree with you grizzles! Lebanon's bleachers are literally painful. I saw this kid fall on them a few yrs ago. He got a splinter about the size of a pencil stuck in his leg. Talk about howlingggggggggggg! Whatever you do.....don't EVER use their restrooms. They are TOTALLY nasty.....that place needs a major overhaul.

Hope when they build the new school and stadium that they make it bigger than Wilson Central's tiny one!!