2008 1a picks

Opinions are what they are and everyone is entitled to their own.My opinion is, the power is in the East. My top 5 would all come out of the East. Trousdale and South Pitt would be my two top picks, several other teams I expect to be good are Oneida ,Midway, Friendship, Hampton. May be a few sleepers who might surprise all of us.

thanks pujo for the honorable mention, But let us make it thru spring and the season, then we will let the cards fall where they may. We have a good bunch of kids who are working hard, and we will try to do everything with pride, class and character.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes Satterfield is gone for trousdale cnty.. I just drove by spitt's practice,.. wow.. looks like a small college lol good size boys PS John Chevis was at school today looking at David Jones.. lookout people he is the real deal... that makes Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, memphis, and others.. very strong bench over 400 lbs.. 4.5 speed can cut on a dime....if u saw last years team he is #2 all state MVP of state title game defense... all A student........ very good manner's. Great kid.... BUT lookout for a few more on this team.....

That is great news about David Jones....he would be well received by the Big Orange Nation. Hey Geno, any further updates on Tana Patrick?? Keep me informed on how spring practice is going...I will be at the Trousdale Scrimmage but that will be the only time I make it down. You should remember who this is!!!

That is great news about David Jones....he would be well received by the Big Orange Nation. Hey Geno, any further updates on Tana Patrick?? Keep me informed on how spring practice is going...I will be at the Trousdale Scrimmage but that will be the only time I make it down. You should remember who this is!!!

Hey Cousin, Tana is a rumer.. so i understand.. they have redone there offence . Tana is now QB... I tell ya Tommy, i wouldnt over look Montrell Mitchell and cortez Bibb's.. this could be the best offense we have had in a while.. we will see.. This WILL be the best defense since the 1994 team I assure you.. I dont know what these boys have been eating but wow wait till you see..... This defence with David Jones Montrell mitchell bubba ramsey, jarred dawson, and some other great hitters wow.. its gonna be hard to do much on them.... and that offence wow again... IF that offencive Line gets where they wanna be>? look out.... I see some great things ahead..... But I do know where Mr. Jones wants to play... I think ill keep that hush hush till he say's

after watching early practice im saying wow @ south pittsburg.... as deep in the backfeild as any team in the state .. led by David Jones, Montrell Mitchell, Cortez Bibb's, Terrel Robinson.... the defense will be as good .. David Jone's stat's>>>>>*First Name: David

*Last Name: Jones

*High School: South pittsburg

*Hometown: South pittsburg

*Height: 6ft

*Weight: 205

*Position(s): RB LB

Statistics: 4.5 40yrd dash, 4.51 shuffle, 36"

verticle,Bench 405,squat,670, clean 265

Honors: 2007 1349 rushing yards,18 td's as #2 running

back,120 tackles 6 sack's 5 caused fumbles, 1st team

allstate,Region 3A Defensive player of the year,1A

championship defensive MVP,All Chattanooga area

defense,83 Rating-Nike combine @ nike campus

3/1/2008..

GPA: 3.85

Head coach's name: Vic Grider

Head coach's phone: look it up................. This kid has

amazing cutting ability. he had a hurt ankle last year

and you see what he did. he is 100% this year...

Tennesee, Alabama, mississippi, memphis, all have

talked already to him...

this is last years highlights of David Jones, Thanks to Zone Pirate

The top 1A picks in the east would have to start with South Pittsburg, Trousdale County and Friendship. It sounds like this kid at South Pittsburg is close to achieving Legend status. Will he become a true Living Legend by the end of this coming season? It sounds like he has unlimited potential with great vision, finess, power and superior cutting ability. These are the things that transform you from an average player into a Legend. When, where and what time will this scrimmage take place?

The top 1A picks in the east would have to start with South Pittsburg, Trousdale County and Friendship. It sounds like this kid at South Pittsburg is close to achieving Legend status. Will he become a true Living Legend by the end of this coming season? It sounds like he has unlimited potential with great vision, finess, power and superior cutting ability. These are the things that transform you from an average player into a Legend. When, where and what time will this scrimmage take place?

South Pittsburg vs Trousdale scrimmage May 23rd 12.00 ish cst... Sewanee.. on top of Monteagle mtn..

Everyone appears to think that Trousdale having a new coach will be an advantage to some teams like SP but I think it may be a false sense of security.

Here is an example: 1968, Phil Beene steps down as Pirate head coach, Don Grider's Pirates win 1969 A state title the first year. Don Grider retires in 1992, Danny Wilson's Pirates loose in the 1993 semi-final by 2 points to Trousdale who won it. Wilson's Pirates won it in 1994. Vic Grider took over in 97 or 98 and and made it to the semi-final against TC in 98 and won it in 1999. I don't expect TC to be any different. The Pirates have historically done over all better during the first 3 years of a coaching change when compared to other times. I would almost feel better if Satterfield was running the show this fall. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Everyone appears to think that Trousdale having a new coach will be an advantage to some teams like SP but I think it may be a false sense of security.

Here is an example: 1968, Phil Beene steps down as Pirate head coach, Don Grider's Pirates win 1969 A state title the first year. Don Grider retires in 1992, Danny Wilson's Pirates loose in the 1993 semi-final by 2 points to Trousdale who won it. Wilson's Pirates won it in 1994. Vic Grider took over in 97 or 98 and and made it to the semi-final against TC in 98 and won it in 1999. I don't expect TC to be any different. The Pirates have historically done over all better during the first 3 years of a coaching change when compared to other times. I would almost feel better if Satterfield was running the show this fall. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

in every instance the coach before left the next a loaded Team...you just gave 3 instances about south pitt.. now what about trousdale????? i dont think so./ i think its gonna be a hard transition.... to much... satterfield wasnt just a coach he was Trousdale.. I have some opinions about past coach's and there greatness but ill refrain from that out of respect.. but after talking to hundreds of ex ball players ...It doesnt always take a great coach to lead a gifted team.. BUT a coach sure can ruin some chances of winning for sure.......Just look at that post of great football players of the past.. where did most of them go besides home? no where.......but they should have and could have....

I had a long conversation with Coach Creasy in Tuscaloosa and talked to several people who know him. He was at TC before and he believes in what they have been doing there. Don't expect many changes. I think you will see the same ole TC that you saw under Coach Sat. Coach Creasy will have TC in their usual form...tough to beat. Great thing is we will get a sneak peak in just 11 days.