2008 1a picks

I have a friend in Coalfield, and he was talking about their off season workouts. He was talking of hpw strong they had gotten and how this class might be the strongest class he had seen. But he said that the rumor was that Oneida def front 3 was benching 4 and squatting 6. anybody in Oneida able to confirm this story?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your program is great, your fan base is strong and your knowledge and exertise on BS is unsurpassed in S Pitt according to many. However, I'd still say your team is 2nd to none in 1A right now. Sorry for the compliments! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Yep, I know BS when I see it. Thanks anyway

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Yep, I know BS when I see it. Thanks anyway

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Old Pirate says, Zone had his cage rattled. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Old Pirate says, Zone had his cage rattled. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

He tried /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Still a long time out, but I'm going with perennial powers.

1. South Pittsburg - Till someone beats them, they are the favorite.

2. McKenzie - They will be strong again, even without Carr.

3. Mt. Pleasant - Really don't know what to expect without Marco Daily. I was very high on

Chad Jordan before seeing Daily. I have to say, that during the McKenzie game

a good deal of us in West TN who had been chanting our support for Jordan

had to swap sides and say that the voters got it right.

4. Trousdale County - Traditional Power - always good, they may should be higher.

5. Union City - My sleeper team. They or McKenzie will likely decide the semi-final contestant verses the middle TN region. My reasons are: They have a lot of great athletes year in and year out. The new coaching staff will probably be able to get more of those athletes, from the state championship basketball team,

and others that have not been playing out for football. Union city was in the state championship just 4 or 5 years ago and I look for them to be back and possibly win the region this year of next.

Oneida might also be very tough again, according to what has been posted about them. Oh well, time will tell.

Opinions are what they are and everyone is entitled to their own.My opinion is, the power is in the East. My top 5 would all come out of the East. Trousdale and South Pitt would be my two top picks, several other teams I expect to be good are Oneida ,Midway, Friendship, Hampton. May be a few sleepers who might surprise all of us.

Opinions are what they are and everyone is entitled to their own.My opinion is, the power is in the East. My top 5 would all come out of the East. Trousdale and South Pitt would be my two top picks, several other teams I expect to be good are Oneida ,Midway, Friendship, Hampton. May be a few sleepers who might surprise all of us.

Old Pirate says good choices pujo

I agree south pittsburg and trousdale are the top 2 in either order... then gordonsville , oenida, FC, maybe hampton, I dont see anyone touching spitt or trousdale.... the state title will be made in the semi finals between trousdale cnty and Spitt... the sleeper will be in the west this year

I agree south pittsburg and trousdale are the top 2 in either order... then gordonsville , oenida, FC, maybe hampton, I dont see anyone touching spitt or trousdale.... the state title will be made in the semi finals between trousdale cnty and Spitt... the sleeper will be in the west this year

did trousdale loose their coach? i agree with you, the state title will be made in the semi finals, i think that the championship was made in the semi finals last year as well. mckenzie didnt look that good in the championship. sp had that poor qb all to peices. i think i saw where carr (mckenzie's qb) signed with ut martin in basketball if i'm not mistaken.

yes Satterfield is gone for trousdale cnty.. I just drove by spitt's practice,.. wow.. looks like a small college lol good size boys PS John Chevis was at school today looking at David Jones.. lookout people he is the real deal... that makes Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, memphis, and others.. very strong bench over 400 lbs.. 4.5 speed can cut on a dime....if u saw last years team he is #2 all state MVP of state title game defense... all A student........ very good manner's. Great kid.... BUT lookout for a few more on this team.....