2008 1a picks

in every instance the coach before left the next a loaded Team...you just gave 3 instances about south pitt.. now what about trousdale????? i dont think so./ i think its gonna be a hard transition.... to much... satterfield wasnt just a coach he was Trousdale.. I have some opinions about past coach's and there greatness but ill refrain from that out of respect.. but after talking to hundreds of ex ball players ...It doesnt always take a great coach to lead a gifted team.. BUT a coach sure can ruin some chances of winning for sure.......Just look at that post of great football players of the past.. where did most of them go besides home? no where.......but they should have and could have....

Have to disagree about the statement concerning the coaches. There is a lot more to winning championships than talent. It always starts with the coach. It takes many things to earn a championship, talent is just one ingredient. I played for Coach Beene and Coach Don and we wouldn't have won squat if it wouldn't for these great men.

Concerning Trousdale, They have as much tradition as SP and I would think the Trousdale people know what they are doing concerning their football team.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in every instance the coach before left the next a loaded Team...you just gave 3 instances about south pitt.. now what about trousdale????? i dont think so./ i think its gonna be a hard transition.... to much... satterfield wasnt just a coach he was Trousdale.. I have some opinions about past coach's and there greatness but ill refrain from that out of respect.. but after talking to hundreds of ex ball players ...It doesnt always take a great coach to lead a gifted team.. BUT a coach sure can ruin some chances of winning for sure.......Just look at that post of great football players of the past.. where did most of them go besides home? no where.......but they should have and could have....

Old Pirate says he wouldn't want to be Geno walking after dark alone. Someone could ambush you and rough you up for talking about the SP coaching Legends. Again Geno that problem with the mouth obviously is acting up again.

PLEASE SUPPLY ALL OF US A LONG...............LIST OF PLAYERS THAT WANTED TO GO TO THE NEXT LEVEL & DIDN'T/COULDN"T

BECAUSE OF THE COACHES. Please........ don't..... keep.... us... all.... waiting too long, "REMEMBER" don't show how little you know by naming a bunch of players who could not...... pass recess. And don't give names of 5ft-5in 150lb 5.0- 40 yd dash guys.

Warden Pratt is going to need to check on having security for you when around the stadium.

in every instance the coach before left the next a loaded Team...you just gave 3 instances about south pitt.. now what about trousdale????? i dont think so./ i think its gonna be a hard transition.... to much... satterfield wasnt just a coach he was Trousdale..

Satterfield didn't exactly leave the cupboard bare in Trousdale. They will still be young this year but much more experienced and very talented. I would say that there is a loaded team to work with in Trousdale.

As for the transition, I don't think it will be too bad for them. The new coach knows Trousdale. He knows what is expected there(He was once their defensive coordinator I believe). I don't see there being much change either so I don't think things will be too bad. The biggest thing to watch will be game time decisions and adjustments. But when it is all over I still think that Trousdale is one of the top teams by year end.

Have to disagree about the statement concerning the coaches. There is a lot more to winning championships than talent. It always starts with the coach. It takes many things to earn a championship, talent is just one ingredient. I played for Coach Beene and Coach Don and we wouldn't have won squat if it wouldn't for these great men.

Concerning Trousdale, They have as much tradition as SP and I would think the Trousdale people know what they are doing concerning their football team.

I'll second this post.

Don't try and rip him when is really just saying what he thinks, I know I think I should have had a chance, but that's another story.... Old Pirate you don't know everything.

Old Pirate never claimed to know anything. Questions,(1) did you get a suit,(2)were you on the team a whole season If you fit one of the above then it has to be one of the below reasons.

(3) could you perform what was requested of your assignments or (4) are you one who feels they were wronged for simply being lost while on the field.

The coaches will play the best. SP has had great "looking" athletes that seemed to always be lost or somewhere they weren't suppose to be or just maybe attempting to play the wrong sport. Track guy playing football, golfer playing basketball, receiver runs wrong routes, baseball players who can't catch fly balls, you have seen them OP is sure.

OP says take responsiblity for yourself it's easy to cast stones away from the person that ultimately/generally responsible.ONES SELF.........

OP KNOWS THIS WELL.........

Ha Ha Ha you are very funny, you still don't know too much off anything but go on ahead and keep trying to talk about something you have no clue about. I said one thing and left it at that and your analogies make little to no sense. The best players don't always play sometimes who puts out the most money or who has the best last name plays. Politics sometimes do play a role in sports.

Ha Ha Ha you are very funny, you still don't know too much off anything but go on ahead and keep trying to talk about something you have no clue about. I said one thing and left it at that and your analogies make little to no sense. The best players don't always play sometimes who puts out the most money or who has the best last name plays. Politics sometimes do play a role in sports.

Old Pirate says, Sorry you feel so wronged. But..... money...politics, last names, Please give OP a break. Better yet give examples of your statements. Put it on coacht and let the fans supply their opinions.Caution........ they have a way of being blunt and to the point,so be prepared.

It always starts at home. Home being yourself, youngon.

Old Pirate says "those lying eyes can handicap us all".

Coaches who study film and are only looking for the best players to help their respective teams and some always disagree. Poor guys don't get paid enough.

Old Pirate says, Sorry you feel so wronged. But..... money...politics, last names, Please give OP a break. Better yet give examples of your statements. Put it on coacht and let the fans supply their opinions.Caution........ they have a way of being blunt and to the point,so be prepared.

Coaches who study film and are only looking for the best players to help their respective teams and some always disagree. Poor guys don't get paid enough.

ya know OP, the more you talk the more ignorance i see... you are like some people i know always in denial... Do you think i say what i say all alone? no lol its been said for years.. and no where did i bash any coach., I said i had respect for them.. as for protection lol.... you must not know me well.. lol I always have protection..lol.. tha chosen one feels the same way many many players have felt.. AS for Vic i think he has finnaly came around to be a good coach.. I said it before ill say it again... why is it some people dont like bluntness. Im just saying what ALOT of people have said.. and say....I wont play ur stupid Game and name anyone.. to let u pick them apart.. OP seems like you need to go see Rusty and get some meds about this 3rd person deal... get a reality checkup! as far as trousdale i know satterfield left a great team behind.. what i meant was they have yet to prove they can play with another coach...But I know this for sure OP does not get out much nor does he talk to many ex players...if so all they talk about is the 69 team..OP i could shut you up so fast. Ill invite a few of these players over for a cookout and u come and listen?? o0o0o wait you cant do that you may need security for sure otherwise you wouldnt hide like u do...AGAIN i never mention who i was talking about so if u come to a conclusion u put it there yourself..

Who say I that? I think you are just trying to put words in people's mouth. I would put a few examples out as well but what sense would that make, I'm not trying to put anyone on blast. As a matter of fact I did play as well just didn't become what I thought I could have, but that doesn't matter because that's the past. I'll put what i'm talking about on CoachT when you say who you are.... I didn't think you would Grandpa so just leave it at that since you are so blind. I got tired of looking at all of your post so I decided to come out and say something to you.

Who say I that? I think you are just trying to put words in people's mouth. I would put a few examples out as well but what sense would that make, I'm not trying to put anyone on blast. As a matter of fact I did play as well just didn't become what I thought I could have, but that doesn't matter because that's the past. I'll put what i'm talking about on CoachT when you say who you are.... I didn't think you would Grandpa so just leave it at that since you are so blind. I got tired of looking at all of your post so I decided to come out and say something to you.

AMEN!! Op likes to put others down or talk about other people as long as it is not a Coach>? well Op not a coach alive is no better than I am... so OP come out come out where ever you are>? Ya see OP u dont get out much.. and alot of people everywhere talk about old times, Coach's and This site actually.. Not to many people care for ur analizing... I mean who would from someone that hides? do you read the posts that u leave? i thnk not.. you put alot of words into peoples mouths....I agree with Tha Chosen one.. you come out of hidhing ill really put it in terms anyone can understand...But that wont happen.. as far again as security goes.. you really dont know me!!!I would walk down a dark alley anytime and no one would bother me.. Not twice anyway!!!. so OP stop putting words into peoples mouth... others posted to teh same comment you did with out stepping on anyones toes like you do... we can all agree to disagree without talking crap and mentioning names....but aloow me to say this so u can analize it and say somethinbg u have no clue about... I have seen people in practice Run over everyone... and was awesome to watch...but when game time came a NAME was put into start!!! no one talked about the next level.. it was not getting thru that level. and again i never mentioned a name so lets see how u get that up and going

AMEN!! Op likes to put others down or talk about other people as long as it is not a Coach>? well Op not a coach alive is no better than I am... so OP come out come out where ever you are>? Ya see OP u dont get out much.. and alot of people everywhere talk about old times, Coach's and This site actually.. Not to many people care for ur analizing... I mean who would from someone that hides? do you read the posts that u leave? i thnk not.. you put alot of words into peoples mouths....I agree with Tha Chosen one.. you come out of hidhing ill really put it in terms anyone can understand...But that wont happen.. as far again as security goes.. you really dont know me!!!I would walk down a dark alley anytime and no one would bother me.. Not twice anyway!!!. so OP stop putting words into peoples mouth... others posted to teh same comment you did with out stepping on anyones toes like you do... we can all agree to disagree without talking crap and mentioning names....but aloow me to say this so u can analize it and say somethinbg u have no clue about... I have seen people in practice Run over everyone... and was awesome to watch...but when game time came a NAME was put into start!!! no one talked about the next level.. it was not getting thru that level. and again i never mentioned a name so lets see how u get that up and going

Old Pirate is Rattling those cages /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> OP hasn't put anyone (name wise) down. It appears you and the chosen have the garbage posted about who shoulda-who coulda- IF THE COACHES HAD DONE THIS OR THAT.

AN OLD PIRATE IS in most of the SP fans. You guys get on here and whine about woulda-coulda issues. Bottom line is this. The ones that wanted it and prepared themselves in the class room had their chances.

OP posted earlier the ones that earned college attention last year better think long and hard about letting it pass them by. Some appear to enjoy the dog and pony show getting their names thrown around and picture in the papers but never continue their carreers. Why......... they know....

and it's not because of the coaches. These guys should not need their hands held.

The Living Legend has a quote something like:

Reaching Legend Status is a choice. OP says this is a true statement. Each decides their avenues in life. Like Old Pirate, OP has decided to be a cage rattler.Doing pretty well at it too.

Old Pirate is Rattling those cages /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> OP hasn't put anyone (name wise) down. It appears you and the chosen have the garbage posted about who shoulda-who coulda- IF THE COACHES HAD DONE THIS OR THAT.

AN OLD PIRATE IS in most of the SP fans. You guys get on here and whine about woulda-coulda issues. Bottom line is this. The ones that wanted it and prepared themselves in the class room had their chances.

OP posted earlier the ones that earned college attention last year better think long and hard about letting it pass them by. Some appear to enjoy the dog and pony show getting their names thrown around and picture in the papers but never continue their carreers. Why......... they know....

and it's not because of the coaches. These guys should not need their hands held.

The Living Legend has a quote something like:

Reaching Legend Status is a choice. OP says this is a true statement. Each decides their avenues in life. Like Old Pirate, OP has decided to be a cage rattler.Doing pretty well at it too.

Papa I think you had your cage rattled.