Clinic Bowl at Vanderbilt - Hillsboro vs. Franklin week 0

12NCS

Guest workinprogress

That happened cause Overton moved up in a class like 5a or something not sure. they got the athelets though. Does Franklin have a good line, they've always had size from what i remember?

You are brilliant. It happened because Overton moved up in class so they took away some of their students so they could be in a higher classification. That makes so much sense. Hillsboro also got part of Glencliffs zone if Im not mistaken. Hillsboro has the athletes. They get all of Melrose plus any student who open enrolls. Hillsboro is in a good situation and I dont think anyone would argue that.

The match up will be a good one. Both teams will be carrying a lot of unfinished business into this game with the winner taking home bragging rights from both games since the first one was never finished. I would say that Hillsboro has the best single player in Gordon and maybe even the second best in Crutcher. However I would say that Franklin probably has the better line since Hillsboro lost most of theirs if I remember right. Both teams are similar in style of play and both have equal coaching staffs. I think this game comes down to a couple of busted plays or highlights of Gordon/Crutcher.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are brilliant. It happened because Overton moved up in class so they took away some of their students so they could be in a higher classification. That makes so much sense. Hillsboro also got part of Glencliffs zone if Im not mistaken. Hillsboro has the athletes. They get all of Melrose plus any student who open enrolls. Hillsboro is in a good situation and I dont think anyone would argue that.

The match up will be a good one. Both teams will be carrying a lot of unfinished business into this game with the winner taking home bragging rights from both games since the first one was never finished. I would say that Hillsboro has the best single player in Gordon and maybe even the second best in Crutcher. However I would say that Franklin probably has the better line since Hillsboro lost most of theirs if I remember right. Both teams are similar in style of play and both have equal coaching staffs. I think this game comes down to a couple of busted plays or highlights of Gordon/Crutcher.

When Ron A. first was at Hillsboro he had some very lean years. He is a good coach but Hillsboro did not start their success until the zone changed and Hillsboro was given all of melrose and specifically edgehill. Also that is when Overton and Glencliff became the schools they are now. Glencliff went to to championship game with kids that were in the zone that now go to Hillsboro. Now Hillsboro has all the kids that were once at Overton and Glencliff. They used to split that zone 3 ways each getting one third. Just the facts.

• 2 weeks later...

I found as much information as I could. Since the year 2001 , Hillsboro is 85 - 12 - 1. Sounds to me like they have been pretty good for more than two years. They have been to the playoffs every year since 1997 which means that they have had winning seasons of 5 - 5 at least. Again, the point was when middletnfootball said that Hillsboro has come on strong the last couple of years. My point is that Hillsboro has been good for several years, more like ten. Last year was an off year for the burros just like 2004 was. Take out those two years and Hillsboro is 68 - 6. Two losses and a tie is the second worst year you have had since 2001. That is an off year for your team.

2004 was not a down year for the Burros. They were beaten in the playoffs by a Stratford team that had multiple inelligible players and should not have played under the famous coach William Johnson. They also lost earlier in the year to the best team in metro (Region 5 AAAA Champions) in 2004 ..... The Hillwood Toppers.

2007 was not a down year for the Burros. They lost to the consensus #1 team in the State in MBA (some could argue for Maryville) 17-12 at MBA and they lost at home to the State Finalist by 1 point and had 8 turnovers in the loss. Not to mention that they beat the Panthers from Maplewood at their home 27-14 earlier in the year. Hillsboro has had a great run with Aydelott and Blade but lets not forget that only 1 gold ball has been won by the Burros. By the way , other than 1982, has Overton won another gold ball with that Edgehill group that many are proclaiming to be the reason for all the success of Hillsboro, Wilson's Glencliff, and/or Overton's earlier runs?

Guest workinprogress

2004 was not a down year for the Burros. They were beaten in the playoffs by a Stratford team that had multiple inelligible players and should not have played under the famous coach William Johnson. They also lost earlier in the year to the best team in metro (Region 5 AAAA Champions) in 2004 ..... The Hillwood Toppers.

2007 was not a down year for the Burros. They lost to the consensus #1 team in the State in MBA (some could argue for Maryville) 17-12 at MBA and they lost at home to the State Finalist by 1 point and had 8 turnovers in the loss. Not to mention that they beat the Panthers from Maplewood at their home 27-14 earlier in the year. Hillsboro has had a great run with Aydelott and Blade but lets not forget that only 1 gold ball has been won by the Burros. By the way , other than 1982, has Overton won another gold ball with that Edgehill group that many are proclaiming to be the reason for all the success of Hillsboro, Wilson's Glencliff, and/or Overton's earlier runs?

Overton won in 1981. In 1982 they got beat I believe by Gallatin but I could be wrong. No Overton has not won any more gold balls, that is a feat that is incredibly hard to do as you well know. You have to have all the pieces and you have to play near to perfection and that combination rarely occurs. Overton has always been successful since Coutras was there and after is departure. However when the zones were changed Overton did lose a lot of quality athletes and it shows. The same can be said for Glencliff. Look at what has happened since their run several years back. As for Hillsboro, like runtheball said up until Coach A's last few years the athletes were more spread out and Hillsboro didnt have nearly the success that they do now. I can remember in the late 80's, I believe it was 89 Hillsboro had the best season that they had ever had up until that point. It was Mose Phillips senior year. I believe they were 9-1 in the regular season and lost in the quarterfinals to Gallatin. After that Hillsboro had a couple of decent years with Coach Brown and a couple more with Coach A before the zones were changed and Hillsboro started on their run of dominance in Metro. What helped Hillsboro even more was the co op with MLK and the open zone. However I believe we may be seeing Hillsboro slip just a bit with the loss of the MLK kids as well as some pretty strong freshmen. I think Hillsboro still has a lot of things going for them and I think that they will continue to be at least a top two team with Maplewood. And next year when the new regions are in place I think Hillsboro will be even more dominant. They will be in an incredibly weak region, very similar to the last one with Shelbyville, Law. Co, Columbia, Etc. Blade and his staff do a tremendous job and have quieted any doubters like myself. I think as long as he stays there Hillsboro is in good shape. The Hillsboro/Franklin game will be huge to both teams and at this point I would probably give the slight edge to Hillsboro simply because I havent seen or heard anything about Franklin and I know your burros will be ready. They are probably ready now.

• 2 weeks later...

Overton won in 1981. In 1982 they got beat I believe by Gallatin but I could be wrong. No Overton has not won any more gold balls, that is a feat that is incredibly hard to do as you well know. You have to have all the pieces and you have to play near to perfection and that combination rarely occurs. Overton has always been successful since Coutras was there and after is departure. However when the zones were changed Overton did lose a lot of quality athletes and it shows. The same can be said for Glencliff. Look at what has happened since their run several years back. As for Hillsboro, like runtheball said up until Coach A's last few years the athletes were more spread out and Hillsboro didnt have nearly the success that they do now. I can remember in the late 80's, I believe it was 89 Hillsboro had the best season that they had ever had up until that point. It was Mose Phillips senior year. I believe they were 9-1 in the regular season and lost in the quarterfinals to Gallatin. After that Hillsboro had a couple of decent years with Coach Brown and a couple more with Coach A before the zones were changed and Hillsboro started on their run of dominance in Metro. What helped Hillsboro even more was the co op with MLK and the open zone. However I believe we may be seeing Hillsboro slip just a bit with the loss of the MLK kids as well as some pretty strong freshmen. I think Hillsboro still has a lot of things going for them and I think that they will continue to be at least a top two team with Maplewood. And next year when the new regions are in place I think Hillsboro will be even more dominant. They will be in an incredibly weak region, very similar to the last one with Shelbyville, Law. Co, Columbia, Etc. Blade and his staff do a tremendous job and have quieted any doubters like myself. I think as long as he stays there Hillsboro is in good shape. The Hillsboro/Franklin game will be huge to both teams and at this point I would probably give the slight edge to Hillsboro simply because I havent seen or heard anything about Franklin and I know your burros will be ready. They are probably ready now.

Franklin is the real deal in 08(then again, so is Hillsboro)...Vandy should have a dandy on their hands in this opener

weak region next year? seriously?

haven't brentwood, ravenwood, franklin, and indepedence all played for a state championship in the past 10 years?

you seriously called that an incredibly weak region?

wow

• 3 weeks later...