Clinic Bowl at Vanderbilt - Hillsboro vs. Franklin week 0

12NCS

Hillsboro vs. Franklin will be the matchup this year for the Clinic Bowl. Last year the stands were totally packed for these two powerhouse programs and this year wasn't going to be any different. It is great that this game will be played at Vanderbilt because of the expected attendance. Many returning players for both teams should provide an exciting matchup to kick the 2008 season off.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin has a special young running back and a good QB who manages the offense well. Franklin seems to always have a salty, hard hitting defense that rarely makes mental mistakes. Hillsboro on the other hand has a dynamic Junior to be Quarterback who can make every throw and can tuck it away, crossing the stripes to the endzone. Hillsboro also has 2 time all-state player in Eric Gordon who plays DB, WR and returner.

Hillsboro has a really good team not a great team. this should be a good first week test for Franklin but not looking foward to it. I am looking forward to the Maplewood game. The last team to beat the burros. Hillsboro however still at the top of there region but Maplewood is closing in fast. Plus Antioch not that good going into this spring, shouldnt get to excited off of that spring game. Never the less this hillsboro still consider as the best metro football program in Nashville since 2003(1. Hillsboro 03 champs 2. Pearl Cohn 97, 98 champs, 3. Maplewood). Should be an exciting season

Hillsboro will have a better Offense than last year and more playmakers on the other side of the ball and a more physical line. Marvin Huges who is now eligble to play will be a monster on D. the speed will be crazy with Eric Gordon, Alex Crutcher, De'Andre Davis, and Corey Jordon on Offense. Aaron "Boo" Barrett who will only be a sophmore will bust heads at LB, Alabama asked Hillsboro's coach Scott blade to talk to him but couldnt cause he's to young, watch out for this kid. will be a very good game, Franklin is always good and well coached