Early Picks for State Champion.

RiverCityRage

Gant is really good. Probably even outstanding but he isn't a phenom. He is USJ's ace but he has been beaten this year so he is beatable. Bartlett didn't hit the ball well that night (it was very cold) and it was a tight 3-2 ballgame.

What makes a phenom? I would dare say there aren't any pitchers better in the state, there might be some as good but not better. Signing with a SEC school you have to be pretty good I would think.

Baseball is a funny game, but it wouldn't suprise me to see USJ in the championship game.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes a phenom? I would dare say there aren't any pitchers better in the state, there might be some as good but not better. Signing with a SEC school you have to be pretty good I would think.

Baseball is a funny game, but it wouldn't suprise me to see USJ in the championship game.

I didn't say he wasn't good. He is a very good pitcher but I don't think he is a Cain or Pomeranz type pitcher. Those two guys were phenoms. They were too good for high school baseball and you could tell that when they took the mound. There is nothing wrong with not being a phenom, 99.9% of players aren't. As far as who is better in the state THIS YEAR I'm not sure. I've heard a lot about Sonny Gray but I have never seen him pitch.

McMinn Central has the potential to win it if they want it bad enough. Some people was countin them out against hixson but look where they are central is still playin and has a chance to make it and if they play the way they can they will make. Goodpasture dont have logan darnell to stop them this year if they play them but i look for central to be playin at home friday against Upperman i think they will beat Marion tommorrow night, they will be lookin for revenge of their lose last year over there and the way they have been playing they will make it all the way to burro!

Didn't goodpasture win without Logan Darnell in the postseason last year? One player doesn't make a team, and I think they proved that point well last postseason. And I hope to see a rematch of an outstanding AA State Title game with Goodpasture and USJ.

And I hope to see a rematch of an outstanding AA State Title game with Goodpasture and USJ.

I agree Rudy, that was an awesome game that could have went either way. 9 innings if I remember correctly. I wish all championships could be that good. I sure would like to see a rematch between those two in the final game. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Richland is by far a top choice for a state champonship in A baseball. They have every starter from last year returning plus a senior who was not able to play last year because of grades. The 1-9 hitters all have power and can come up big in times of need. with a (27-3) record look for Richland to make its way back to state and win the championship. Richland plays Friday May 16 at Cascade and they play Cascade. Everyone look out for the Richland Raiders!!!!!!!!!!

Richland is by far a top choice for a state champonship in A baseball. They have every starter from last year returning plus a senior who was not able to play last year because of grades. The 1-9 hitters all have power and can come up big in times of need. with a (27-3) record look for Richland to make its way back to state and win the championship. Richland plays Friday May 16 at Cascade and they play Cascade. Everyone look out for the Richland Raiders!!!!!!!!!!

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Cascade will be ready tonight. We know Richland has a very strong team, but don't overlook the Champs.... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Lookout Valley also Returns all but 1, LV beat Forrest 7-3 & Richland won 7-6. Also LV beat Mt. Pleasent 10-2 & Richland won 6-5. Richland Scored 278 and Opponents 96 While LV Scored 443 and Opponents 90. Good Luck to both Teams on the way to the Boro! GO JACKETS!

Farragut has to be the favorite. They have great pitching and a great catcher. In baseball that's a deadly combination.

Im not gonna say that Oakland is the favorite, far be it, there at least a few teams that are better than Oakland right now, but this team is on a roll literally and emotionally. With Brett Wilson and Barret on the mound, I think they can at least make an upset and send one of the favorites home. Would be poetic justice for Oakland to win it all after falling short last year.